Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

bigboss123

Stock-Picking Strategies

Experts!

I am working on a strategy for a while but it takes me very long to filter out stocks everyday. My requirement is as follow..

1. S&P 500 listed

2. Stock recently suffered down days for couple of days due to, for example Downgrade by an analyst or poor earnings.

3. Last volume was low and the bar was down.

4. Daily volume being at least 1 mil except for last day.

I tried building this using strategy builder of power e*trade pro but couldn't succeed. This takes about 2-3 hours of my time everyday to filter couple of stocks. Please help me to find the best possible way that takes lesser time.

Thanks in advance..

Tradestation scanner could do this in a few minutes, more complicated Easylanguage code could be written as well. Here are some candidates from the SP500:

This had a wrong criteria for Close today vs yesterday, the scan was repeated in the picture below this one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12958&stc=1&d=1250467562

Corrected criteria:

attachment.php?attachmentid=12959&stc=1&d=1250468030

sp500downer.gif.b77cfb2826c492798f9a9f2a5209ab4f.gif

TSScanSP500downer.gif.4b3d76a68bfc9595746f0743e03612c1.gif

Edited by thrunner
wrong criteria entered