Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

You have to find your own method in the end.

You seem unaware of blatant contradictions in what you say, but I do agree with this statement.

The point of all this learning is to be able to extract. If you can do it and don't need to ask questions of others, then that's great. I took the time to answer a person who is not at your level and threw something out there to expand his line of thinking. Evidently, my "beyond Hersheyland" phrase rankled you and probably others. It wasn't meant to step on any toes. Don't worry about what I say. Just continue with your extracting.

Cheers.

You seem unaware of blatant contradictions in what you say, but I do agree with this statement.

The point of all this learning is to be able to extract. If you can do it and don't need to ask questions of others, then that's great. I took the time to answer a person who is not at your level and threw something out there to expand his line of thinking. Evidently, my "beyond Hersheyland" phrase rankled you and probably others. It wasn't meant to step on any toes. Don't worry about what I say. Just continue with your extracting.

Cheers.

the diff probl lays in a subset of the tools and beyond the available tools.

No problem. Let me try to explain what I mean with "You have to find your own method in the end."

What I mean is..you take aspects from Jack Hershey method that you like... use it, enter, exit where you are comfortable and when you like market conditions and then finally after gaining experience make it truly your own method because only then you can 100% trust your own judgement.

This makes sense because it's really a discretionary method. There's no 100% ruleset...what to do and when to do it. It depends on the trader and on the experience gained, interpretation, etc etc... that's why there are so many pages about it, here and on ET.

regards,

Ivo

Cheers.

There's no 100% ruleset...what to do and when to do it. It depends on the trader and on the experience gained, interpretation, etc etc... that's why there are so many pages about it, here and on ET.

regards,

Ivo

You are just making that up. Whether or not you agree that it can be done, a complete set of rules is exactly what is intended. Maybe you aren't aware of the latest transference method: the flowcharts with n, n+1, and n+2.

The method just helps to see the market. That's all. That's something else then a ruleset when to get in, when to get out etc. Stop after 3 losses, sit thru a point 2-->3, trading HVS, etc etc...These things you really decide for yourself after you understand the market.

Actually Spyder did give some beginner rules...enter at FTT, reverse at FTT and out at FBO I think...but really..it's up to the individual trader. How focussed do you want to be? How many trades/opportunities do you want to take? How many lines do you want to draw? Do you understand the market in every aspect? I certainly don't but I trade the things I do understand.

Ivo

You are just making that up. Whether or not you agree that it can be done, a complete set of rules is exactly what is intended. Maybe you aren't aware of the latest transference method: the flowcharts with n, n+1, and n+2.
Edited by ivob

I have some questions about the display of Jack's TradeNavigator platform in the attached picture.

(1): What are +4.75 and +0.46%?

(2): I understand red and green diamonds on ES price pane are bid wall and ask wall. But they are not a reflection of the walls displayed in yellow boxes in the DOM pane. May I know how the platform calculates the placement of "diamonds"?

(3): Why part of the background of the OTR pane is colored yellow?

Anyone knows? :)

5aa710add8c63_SK0Questions.thumb.jpg.a9907798ceeaa36be0eb898e96e016ac.jpg

I have some questions about the display of Jack's TradeNavigator platform in the attached picture.

Where did you get the picture from?

I don't think that is Jack's. I have only seen Jack's charts from Tradestation and Ninjatrader. Secondly none of his charts have indicators called "Spydertrader..."

I don't think that is Jack's. I have only seen Jack's charts from Tradestation and Ninjatrader. Secondly none of his charts have indicators called "Spydertrader..."

it's Spyder's tool set available on Trade Navigator only. Channel line is not straight enough for me tho.

You are incorrect about the picture and indicators. Look harder in ET, you will find more of them, from Jack personally.

Does anybody here have a good understanding of the flowchart Jack created in this thread? Having a hard time understanding it, some of the terms are defined different in different places etc...anybody ever made a clearer version of this Flowchart?

Thanks,

Vienna

Does anybody here have a good understanding of the flowchart Jack created in this thread? Having a hard time understanding it' date=' some of the terms are defined different in different places etc...anybody ever made a clearer version of this Flowchart?

Thanks,

Vienna[/quote']

I agree I cannot also make head or tails of the flow chart, please could someone post a clearer version.

I agree I cannot also make head or tails of the flow chart, please could someone post a clearer version.

I am creating one, but I need some input here from the old hands that actually understand it... if there are any:)

(1): What are +4.75 and +0.46%?

(2): I understand red and green diamonds on ES price pane are bid wall and ask wall. But they are not a reflection of the walls displayed in yellow boxes in the DOM pane. May I know how the platform calculates the placement of "diamonds"?

(3): Why part of the background of the OTR pane is colored yellow?

1. Points and % up/down since previous days close.

2. They were coded wrong, TN fixed it, you might prefer the boxes or arrows for a more accurate reading. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2689724

In the latest update TradeNavigator finally fixed their Dom Wall symbol locations. Now price can bounce between the blocks or arrows. Previously the ask symbol was below the actual wall level.

3. It's a division of time shading, pretty sure it was 5 minute periods, so you'd know where it lined up with the start/end of a 5 min bar.

Regards,

EZ

Yesterday, EOD.

Had to stop around 1:30, so anything after that is hindsight :)

HTH, Vienna

Hi Vienna,

In your 6 Oct 2001 ES chart posted in #3106 (http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/technical-analysis/6320-price-volume-relationship-78.html#post129421), why was the green point 2 of the green up traverse(bar 52 - 61) inside the previous red down traverse? (The pink circle in the attached chart.)

I found several source of information mentions: "The point 2 must be outside the RTL of the previous container in the same fractal." Is there something I missed?

Here is one of the information:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/technical-analysis/6320-price-volume-relationship-55.html#post104466

Thanks.

Regards,

Ki

5aa710af30f6e_ViennaOCT6EOD.thumb.gif.4631abf0169db12154ad874358714bad.gif

Here a video I created a few days ago with 2 live trades, one small loser, found myself on the wrong side and a quick correction. I added some comments what I was thinking at that moment. Also some examples of "What wasn't that" which was the reason to hold. If anyone finds it useful, let me know and I post some more with comments. It was produced twice the normal speed.

regards,

Ivo

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARGQuHP2Rs0]video[/ame]

Edited by ivob

Hi Vienna,

In your 6 Oct 2001 ES chart posted in #3106 (http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/technical-analysis/6320-price-volume-relationship-78.html#post129421), why was the green point 2 of the green up traverse(bar 52 - 61) inside the previous red down traverse? (The pink circle in the attached chart.)

Thanks.

Regards,

Ki

Ki,

I think you are right...that looks like just a tape..annotation error. Thanks, :)

Vienna

Here a video I created a few days ago with 2 live trades, one small loser, found myself on the wrong side and a quick correction. I added some comments what I was thinking at that moment. Also some examples of "What wasn't that" which was the reason to hold. If anyone finds it useful, let me know and I post some more with comments. It was produced twice the normal speed.

regards,

Ivo

ivo, the video is awesome!

Thanks!

Regards,

Ki

thanks, it's fun to make and forces me to review the day better so will make some more. Of course this is not an average trade as price went quite far so maybe I should record some more (whole day). But anyway, it's the thinking (what wasn't that) that matters because it leads to the correct decission (hold, exit, reverse).

Ivo

ivo, the video is awesome!

Thanks!

Regards,

Ki

Ki,

I think you are right...that looks like just a tape..annotation error. Thanks, :)

Vienna

Sorry to bring this up, this stumped me and I did not see a reason why a 2 cannot be inside the channel on the same fractal. If you have identified an FTT there is no reason why it cannot be. I went back to the "tapes" (elite trader forum) Spyders old drawings and there are plenty on examples of the above. I have attached one for your review.

04-24-2007-es-5min.thumb.jpg.be8e05d396594758c456791afccda101.jpg

Sorry to bring this up, this stumped me and I did not see a reason why a 2 cannot be inside the channel on the same fractal. If you have identified an FTT there is no reason why it cannot be. I went back to the "tapes" (elite trader forum) Spyders old drawings and there are plenty on examples of the above. I have attached one for your review.

I bet that was before 'clean page' time. You got 3 channels there just eliminate one of them.