Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

subq

MP Software

IRT is simply the best market profile software in existence IMO.

For those that still use other types of charts but like I do but still want to see a profile type breakdown of that data check out this video.

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

very cool stuff coming

I've added an option to shade each price based on relative volume in the profile as seen below:

CustomProfiles.png

A few items I intend to implement before next release:

- ability to drag any edge or corner of the containing rectangle so you don't have to rely on the keyboard shortcuts for adjusting the range of bars.

- info box in the upper right corner of the rectangle which can be easily toggle, which provides info such as volume of profile, volume of POC, range of profile, date/bar span of profile, etc.

- some additional display options including an open/close (wickless) bar on left edge of profile (optional).

- possibly some additional automated/dyanmic options for building profiles based on range/volume/price movement.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Chad

We've completed another round of enhancements to the Profile Indicator drawing tool. The video below highlights these improvements. Your feedback is welcomed.

Profile Indicator Drawing Tool - Phase 2

This video demonstrates enhancements made to the Profile drawing tool in version 9.2.8 including an option to shade each price based on volume, easier dragging and manipulation, an open/close candle body, and more.

Phase 2: Profile Indicator Drawing Tool - Phase 2

Phase 1: Profile Indicator Drawing Tool

Profiles.png

Am looking into day trading, and have gotten familier with many of the charts and with market profile. am very interested in market profile. can you please answer a few questions for me.

1. How is Investor Rt, distinguished/better than say Trademaven or Esignal market profile tools.

2. Does Investor RT serve as a broker as well or do they have to get a broker such as Infinity.

3. Does IRT get their data from Esignal.

4. Are there tutorials or classes (free or otherwise) that can help u get started).

5. Is there a live trading room anyone can reccomend for new traders.

Investor/RT is not a broker. Investor/RT is charting and analysis software. IRT gets fed realtime and historical data from a variety of data sources including DTN IQFeed, eSignal, TransAct/Infinity, Interactive Brokers. As far as tutorials, I would visit this page Investor/RT - Video Library and search the page for the word "profile" and watch each video you come across. That will give you a good understanding of what is available in IRT and how to use IRT's MP functionality. As for MP-based chat room, see these threads:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f6/market-profile-trading-room-3776.html

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f6/jpjtrading-any-thoughts-2841.html

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f6/market-profile-chat-training-rooms-2456.html

Am looking into day trading, and have gotten familier with many of the charts and with market profile. am very interested in market profile. can you please answer a few questions for me.

1. How is Investor Rt, distinguished/better than say Trademaven or Esignal market profile tools.

2. Does Investor RT serve as a broker as well or do they have to get a broker such as Infinity.

3. Does IRT get their data from Esignal.

4. Are there tutorials or classes (free or otherwise) that can help u get started).

5. Is there a live trading room anyone can reccomend for new traders.

Hi Irv,

I use InvestorRT / MarketDelta for MP and Infinity AT for data/broker. Infinity Data is free and the AT platform is super fast. Sign up for a free demo here Infinity AT

Yours in trading,

Trader Jean

Before you decide on an application that you have to pay for monthly, have a look at fin-alg's MP. The latest version lets you overlay it on any bar chart. There is also another product that also provides historical VAH, VAL, VPOCs and more.

Not connected to them but a happy customer for a couple of years. BTW, you use these add-ins with Ninjatrader which is free.

Irviam,

Take a look at the videos on Market Profile at Investor/RT - Video Library

You'll probably also be interested in the Profile Indicator and the Profile Drawing tool which let's you wrap a time- or vol-based profile around any group of bars quickly. Several videos at the top of this page: Investor/RT Tour - Profile Indicator (PROF)

If you have any specific questions or needs in this area, let me know.

As far as trading rooms or teachers that are based on MP, there is jpjtrading (JPJ TRADING), Profile Traders (Day Trading using Market Profile), Joseph James (Home | Joseph James Consulting, LLC) and Alexander Trading (http://www.alexandertrading.com). I know the first three use Investor/RT or MarketDelta in their instruction/teaching. I'm not sure if Tom Alexander is still using IRT.