Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

Sometimes, this is so easy, that the mind, thinking it must be more difficult than it is, refuses to see the answer right before the eyes.

But Brownie, would it kill you to post one chart, once in a while? I promise you that it will not dull your edge. And besides - Good comes to those who first do good themselves.

Who knows, a little kindness on your part, and perhaps the Browns win another football game before the end of the season.

Either way, best to you Brownie. Good stuff you've been posting lately.

I'm a Brownsfan Fan.

Best Wishes,

Thales

If you could guarantee me a win, I would post. But since we play the Steelers on Thurs and I'm sure they are pissed about losing to Oakland, I'm not going to hold my breath.

And to be honest, I can't just post 1 chart and be done with it. It won't even make any sense unless I then go into detail how I piece it all together. As I've said, finding reliable S/R is the name of the game and that in itself cannot be explained in 1 chart.

While I don't care to divulge my strategies that have taken years and thousands of dollars to design, it also can't be done in 1 easy to read chart. And for that, I have no desire to become a free trading instructor. The only way I would open this up is to go to the dark side and get paid to do it. But that's nowhere on the horizon, so don't be looking for it. ;) As I told Risk, he'll get a lot more following your thread than this one. If he wants to see a trading system work, it's 1 click away.

It was going to be a great day but all my charts and DOM froze for 20 minutes or so after I got in a trade. I had several more freezes and charting issues. OEC has a hard time keeping the DEMO version quality up to the live version but I am not sure why.

I won't post my P/L since it doesn't reflect what would have happened on a live account. I had a good ZN trade and my first good mini russel trade.

On oil, I missed a great setup up right after inventory came out. Then came the landslide and oil went into a price area where I didn't have any S/R levels noted because am I still sorting out historical PA that I can go through. I'll get that sorted out soon.

I really wish I had a nice 3 monitor setup for each contract I am watching. Sometimes I switch over from oil to the russel and barely have time to react to the obvious setup its in. All in good time.

I hope you sent a support ticket in when this occurred. If you didn't, get in the habit of doing this. They work for you and need to know when their stuff isn't working as it should. The more that do this when there are issues, the quicker it grabs the attention of people over there.

I hope you sent a support ticket in when this occurred. If you didn't, get in the habit of doing this. They work for you and need to know when their stuff isn't working as it should. The more that do this when there are issues, the quicker it grabs the attention of people over there.

Yea. I have been following your advice on this and everytime it freezes, I send a ticket. They often have trouble with their tick charts on DEMO. Sometimes I can get a time chart but no tick chart. If I can get historical data from esignal and a more reliable feed it might make sense to pay esignal some money.

Guest Risk
If you could guarantee me a win, I would post. But since we play the Steelers on Thurs and I'm sure they are pissed about losing to Oakland, I'm not going to hold my breath.

And to be honest, I can't just post 1 chart and be done with it. It won't even make any sense unless I then go into detail how I piece it all together. As I've said, finding reliable S/R is the name of the game and that in itself cannot be explained in 1 chart.

While I don't care to divulge my strategies that have taken years and thousands of dollars to design, it also can't be done in 1 easy to read chart. And for that, I have no desire to become a free trading instructor. The only way I would open this up is to go to the dark side and get paid to do it. But that's nowhere on the horizon, so don't be looking for it. ;) As I told Risk, he'll get a lot more following your thread than this one. If he wants to see a trading system work, it's 1 click away.

I was not asking for your strategies.

I was asking for 1 chart.

I did not expect anything more than that.

If you feel threatened by posting 1 chart than you have a problem which I cannot solve.

Good luck with your trading and thank you for your time.

Risk

PS I just have a question that poped into my head as I wanted to submit this reply.

What is the purpose of posting your P&L in public?

If you feel threatened by posting 1 chart than you have a problem which I cannot solve.

Risk

Attached is an ES 1 min chart. I went long a few times in the afternoon.

PS I just have a question that poped into my head as I wanted to submit this reply.

That, along with your other questions, has been answered previously in this thread. Feel free to spend some time reading through the thread as I don't care to rehash everything when there is a new person to the thread to lazy to read through the thread.

You can start with this post.

Ironically enough, your answer to this question is right there.

5aa70f7e0c50f_TLESCHART.png.d0c48229320b7ae1eb8b3b20aa2067c5.png

Risk

1. 1-Chart can divulge too much.

2. What Thales does is basic, what Brownsfan does is advanced and as said, took years of blood, sweat and tears to develop.

3. Threatened? Problem? So, you expect to be spoon feed a profitable system?

4. Purpose of posting P/L is the fact, he has shown he is profitable! Unlike majority who are not. So, when he does decide to give tips you might want to pay attention.

Edited by mea
Adding additional 5th comment

Lastly, just to give you an example of how generous brownsfan has been in the past. He disclosed how he uses the same system on multiple maket's. Yet, an amateur trader comes along and questioned his logic. Now, anyone who would just THINK a little before posting, would realize he gave out to the general public, what takes years of screen time and research to REALIZE that all market's are fractal in nature. Basically, what works in one will work on all.

Guest Risk

Thank you. I hope that was not TOO difficult.

As far as your chart goes, you realize that it is useless.

I did not ask for your strategy (read my previous post). I asked for one that shows your entries and exits.

Surely you don't think that your strategy can be decifered by your entry and exit points

Let me leave you with a question.

If you want to give something to someone else, would you give him/her an item that is useful to them and is in general good condition, or, you would give them something totaly useless or non functioning?

I would prefer to get nothing rather than being insulted by a getting the latter.

Anyway, I will post one more post and you won't see me here again.

I wish you continued success. .

Risk

Guest Risk
1. 1-Chart can divulge too much.

2. What Thales does is basic, what Brownsfan does is advanced and as said, took years of blood, sweat and tears to develop.

3. Threatened? Problem? So, you expect to be spoon feed a profitable system?

4. Purpose of posting P/L is the fact, he has shown he is profitable! Unlike majority who are not. So, when he does decide to give tips you might want to pay attention.

I thought that someone who is a member here for almost 3 years with over 3600 posts under his belt would be able to answer my questions by himself and he would not need a high strung lacky to defend him.

I have read ALL of your 18 posts and did not find any meaningful contribution to this community by you.

With the above said, I have a feeling that I would DEFINATELY would not want you to be my friend.

Not withstanding the above, I wish all the best and may you achieve what you want.

Over and Out.

Risk

Some people only want the quick and easy way to becoming wealthy... even to the point of belittling those they are asking for help.

The vast majority here get what this thread is for - and that means different things to different people. I post here to motivate myself to become a better trader. I know how to do this (most days) and since we as retail traders live a sheltered work life, I use this thread to help my motivation and accountability. That fact alone escapes a few that visit our thread (see mini mouse and now risk). Others visit this thread to see where trading can in fact take you and that it is possible to make money trading. It's hard and a struggle but it can be done and I take you along my ride each day. While posting the results are good, I try to make daily comments to share what battles I go through every day on my way to trying to make money that day.

Whether you are new to the thread or following most days, there are some great treasures throughout this thread IMO. Yes, it's true - my setups laid out in an ABC pattern are NOT posted here (or anywhere). That's my business and if you can't respect that, then there's a very convenient ignore function on this forum. I suggest you use it. For those that are willing to read and follow along, you just might find some things that are even better than a trading setup. And if you are too narrow minded to see that, then as I said, Thales' thread literally lays out a method step-by-step-by-step.

Soul needs to come in and clear some of these posts out. I can't see why someone can be offended by someone offering them help...perhaps there are personal issues? I know that trading can certainly bring out the demons from within ourselves.

Keep up the good work brownsfan!

Soul needs to come in and clear some of these posts out. I can't see why someone can be offended by someone offering them help...perhaps there are personal issues? I know that trading can certainly bring out the demons from within ourselves.

Keep up the good work brownsfan!

I think some folks just wander in on their way to ET.

Best Wishes,

Thales

I was up $350 on CL and then everything froze for a while so I won't post my P/L again today. I was going to try to get in that corn trade I posted about on the grains thread but I was frozen at the time so I missed that one too.

But Brownie, would it kill you to post one chart, once in a while? I promise you that it will not dull your edge. And besides - Good comes to those who first do good themselves.

Who knows, a little kindness on your part, and perhaps the Browns win another football game before the end of the season.

Either way, best to you Brownie. Good stuff you've been posting lately.

I'm a Brownsfan Fan.

Best Wishes,

Thales

What do you know? The Browns won. :rofl:

It's official - the Steelers are horrendous. They are done this year. All b/c of no Troy P??? Amazing how different a team is w/o 1 player.

And to think I was willing to post a chart to get this win. That was unnecessary. ;)

Took a long look at the ES 15m with just the FTP and MP VA's...and Paul Fribush sent this over - "nice trade today sold 1102 covered at 1096.50"

I think he was teasing me....

Happy Holidays everyone.

5aa70f7f5b7a8_12-11-200911-04-53AM.thumb.png.895916a9eb40564728e6687d9cfef816.png

12-11-09: +$87.50

This is what a scared day of trading will get you. I started strong, lost a few and then went into 'I don't want to lose' mode. So I didn't lose... but I missed some very easy setups later, esp on the ES afternoon. I literally stared at 2 of them going - easy buys here - and I passed.

Oh well, not the greatest Friday but live to fight another day. As I've said all along, if you can keep your losses small/manageable then you can keep going the next day.

12-11-2009.png.4de20507bf8e873afa02d9237bae7033.png

solitary preditor kills in one leap.... so to speak. You need to have fun with it, otherwise it can get hard

;)....

Nice, I have stuck to the bland My Workspace and ES trading, blah

12-11-09: +$87.50

This is what a scared day of trading will get you. I started strong, lost a few and then went into 'I don't want to lose' mode. So I didn't lose... but I missed some very easy setups later, esp on the ES afternoon. I literally stared at 2 of them going - easy buys here - and I passed.

Thanks for your honesty.

Was there a turning point in your trading? It might have been even before you were profitable, but where you knew deep inside you would be able to make it in trading.

thanks,

Bruce

Thanks for your honesty.

Was there a turning point in your trading? It might have been even before you were profitable, but where you knew deep inside you would be able to make it in trading.

thanks,

Bruce

Bruce - excellent question and one that I'm not sure I can quickly sum up as I am out the door. I think it can be summed up with a quote that we used when I was a trainer @ the brokerage firm that we would tell rooks - the biggest and most wealthy brokers were just too dumb to quit...

:)

I guess you could say that I was too dumb to quit trading.

If that's not clear to anyone reading this, it basically means that most quit after a couple weeks or months of trying this. Why? B/c normal rationale says to quit something that seems impossible to beat. Take the path of least resistance.

We also know that in order to become an 'expert' at something you really need to perform this job for YEARS and YEARS. And that is assuming FULL-TIME.

Therefore... if one wants to become a successful trader (and I define success purely in monetary fashion) you simply can't stop after a few months. You have to be in it for the long haul. Many will not get here b/c there is not guarantee if you do that you'll be successful; it's just more likely that you will be.

Thanks for your response.

I first started trading back in Dec. 98 a friend had bought Wade Cooks course on options. He kept bugging me to watch the videos. I finally did and opened an account with Web Street trading call options.

In the first 3 months made about 25 grand. Needless to say I thought I hit pay dirt. Boy this was going to be easy. Wasn't long until I lost all the profit. Been an on-again/off-again trader ever since.

For the last 3 years up until May 2009, I have been running my general contracting business (commercial and residential remodeling). It took me to completely step away from trading for those 3 years, to realize trading has to be run like a business.

For me, one of the most interesting aspects of trading is how trading is a mirror of our internal struggles and personal issues.

Thank you to all who post, this is the one forum that I make sure I check everyday.

sincerely,

Bruce