Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

12-7-09: +$590.00

Nice day on oil once again. As each day passes, I lean more and more towards just trading oil. It's clean and moves with me for the most part. Add in that I could work 9am-Noon EST and that's very attractive. The oil pits are open till 230pm EST but I like to shut it down into lunch.

Just something I've been considering more and more lately. I still watch and monitor a handful of markets, but if it's coming to me easier on oil, then maybe I should focus there and possibly just increase the contracts being traded. The nice thing about oil is that even with 1 little contract you can make a nice yearly living.

12-7-2009.png.087efdd4eb449a0917892572b98086e3.png

Done pretty early with the good CL trade, and took a little heat as the ES got bogged into a range. Finally gave up and just took what was available.

Here's the beauty of trading and why it's so interesting in my eyes. Ed here took a net of 14.5 ticks on a 'good' trade and I'm not interested in the CL unless I can push at a minimum of 30 ticks. Personally I won't touch it if I can't get at least 20 out of the trade.

To each his own, this was not a dig or anything, just showing how 2 different methods both made money on the CL today.

Here's the beauty of trading and why it's so interesting in my eyes. Ed here took a net of 14.5 ticks on a 'good' trade and I'm not interested in the CL unless I can push at a minimum of 30 ticks. Personally I won't touch it if I can't get at least 20 out of the trade.

To each his own, this was not a dig or anything, just showing how 2 different methods both made money on the CL today.

Yes, that's correct. Each trader needs to find out what works for them. And most importantly, what they can do successfully on a consistent basis. BTW, during thankgiving time - I got a single CL trade of 1.02 on 2c.... but that doesn't happen for me every day. So, while I wait for those bigger one's that fit into my trading method, I just scalp my way along.

12-7-09 Final: +$4020.00

What can I say, when you are feeling it in a market, take it. I think my next car's license plate will be something like I LUV OIL or CL TRADER or something like that. ;)

12-7-2009.png.bb1f3c78e1589513abb995c468edaf40.png

What can I say, when you are feeling it in a market, take it. I think my next car's license plate will be something like I LUV OIL or CL TRADER or something like that. ;)

Whew!!! Great trade..... repeat. repeat..repeat...

Nice work yet again in the "late" market. Did you add some contracts to your position?

Edited by Dinerotrader

Nice work yet again in the "late" market. Did add some contracts to your position?

That was a couple trades actually - not just one. I wish I could tell OEC to also list the amount of trades but I don't think that's an option. I'll have to poke around.

Guest Risk
That was a couple trades actually - not just one. I wish I could tell OEC to also list the amount of trades but I don't think that's an option. I'll have to poke around.

Hello

I am new here and I might have missed some essential things that you posted but could you maybe post a chart with a short explanation of your entry and exit on CL?

Thanks

Risk

Hey, brownsfan. Nice trading. I'm curious though, does your live oec account in which you are placing these trades factor in commissions in your average positions window?

For example when Dinero posted awhile back some live trades HERE. His trades reflected more charges due to commissions being deducted from his pl. However when he posts trades in a simulation account the pl reflects no commission.

5aa70f7c69486_dineropl11-24-20091.png.ad403437c47ae8383fa4924e86c9bd17.png

5aa70f7c6c2f6_brownspl12-7-2009.png.2ebd848c0100185f0568e17bbc8563f9.png

Hello

I am new here and I might have missed some essential things that you posted but could you maybe post a chart with a short explanation of your entry and exit on CL?

Thanks

Risk

I have a number of things posted in the candlestick corner which you can find here.

Guest Risk
I have a number of things posted in the candlestick corner which you can find here.

Thanks again.

I went through a lot of your posts.

All I am asking for is one chart of a real trade with markers for entry and exit and maybe, if you would be so kind, add the reason behind the trade.

Thank you

Risk

Guest Risk

I have gone through most of the links that you refered me to.

Thanks again.

Would you mind posting 1 chart of CL of a trade with the entry and exit marked.

I could not find anything in this format in your other posts except for references to other people's setups and your preference to look at certain candle formations in respect to S/R areas.

Thank you

Risk

Thanks again.

I went through a lot of your posts.

All I am asking for is one chart of a real trade with markers for entry and exit and maybe, if you would be so kind, add the reason behind the trade.

Thank you

Risk

I don't have my exact setups outlined verbatim here or any forum for that matter. If you want to hunt around, you'll find stuff. If you want an A B C guide, you won't find it. For that, head to Thales' thread. He's much more generous than I.

Hey, brownsfan. Nice trading. I'm curious though, does your live oec account in which you are placing these trades factor in commissions in your average positions window?

For example when Dinero posted awhile back some live trades HERE. His trades reflected more charges due to commissions being deducted from his pl. However when he posts trades in a simulation account the pl reflects no commission.

LF - I have a 1 contract dummy account linked to my block accounts for purposes here. As I stated in the beginning, I am showing a smaller account progression. I do not show the entire block p/l for personal reasons. Whatever I show is just magnified (good or bad) with the block being traded.

As a side note, OEC's block function is very nice. When I was trading blocks with T4 I literally had to send an email at the end of the day with allocations. Then I had to hope their back office did what I wanted manually. With OEC, it's just done and I don't have to do anything else with it. So very nice.

I have gone through most of the links that you refered me to.

Thanks again.

Would you mind posting 1 chart of CL of a trade with the entry and exit marked.

I could not find anything in this format in your other posts except for references to other people's setups and your preference to look at certain candle formations in respect to S/R areas.

Thank you

Risk

Now that I reread what you wrote, you do know what I do. You wrote it out verbatim.

;)

Oil was a pain in the neck today.

I have never really got a good feel for the RLM but the ZS has been so slow and choppy that I am working on acquiring the feel for the RLM. We'll see if I can find it.

SIM

attachment.php?attachmentid=16417&stc=1&d=1260301391

5aa70f7ca913a_12-8-20093.png.06948acd08d2135371a3f60455b4ca60.png

Guest Risk
Now that I reread what you wrote, you do know what I do. You wrote it out verbatim.

;)

:cool:

Sorry about the multiple posts but for some reason after I hit the SUBMIT REPLY - nothing happened so I just reposted assuming that I did something wrong.

"Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam" - Marcus Porcius Cato Maior

and in our case

"Ceterum censeo, would you mind posting one chart?" - Risk :)

Risk

:cool:

Sorry about the multiple posts but for some reason after I hit the SUBMIT REPLY - nothing happened so I just reposted assuming that I did something wrong.

"Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam" - Marcus Porcius Cato Maior

and in our case

"Ceterum censeo, would you mind posting one chart?" - Risk :)

Risk

I have charts posted all over this place, incl this thread. From there, you have to dig around. Or visit Thales' thread as I suggested.

12-9-09: +$1720

I thought the day was done and then the ES gave some easy longs there so that got me positive again. If the ES can give me reliable setups like this, then I might have to do a little more there than I previously said. I guess that's why it's useful to watch a handful of markets even if you are not trading them so you can see opportunities when they arise.

In the last week or so I've also been working to refine my entries a bit so that is helping so far as well. As I've said many times, I can't time exits for the life of me so I directed some energy into seeing if I could time my entries better and so far it appears to be working. If I can get into moves sooner, I can lower my risk and increase my reward so we'll see.

12-9-2009.png.09b11fe1fd253b459b10bdb6bf937111.png

Would you mind posting 1 chart of CL of a trade with the entry and exit marked. I could not find anything in this format in your other posts except ... your preference to look at certain candle formations in respect to S/R areas.

;)

Sometimes, this is so easy, that the mind, thinking it must be more difficult than it is, refuses to see the answer right before the eyes.

If you want an A B C guide, you won't find it. For that, head to Thales' thread. He's much more generous than I.

But Brownie, would it kill you to post one chart, once in a while? I promise you that it will not dull your edge. And besides - Good comes to those who first do good themselves.

Who knows, a little kindness on your part, and perhaps the Browns win another football game before the end of the season.

Either way, best to you Brownie. Good stuff you've been posting lately.

I'm a Brownsfan Fan.

Best Wishes,

Thales

It was going to be a great day but all my charts and DOM froze for 20 minutes or so after I got in a trade. I had several more freezes and charting issues. OEC has a hard time keeping the DEMO version quality up to the live version but I am not sure why.

I won't post my P/L since it doesn't reflect what would have happened on a live account. I had a good ZN trade and my first good mini russel trade.

On oil, I missed a great setup up right after inventory came out. Then came the landslide and oil went into a price area where I didn't have any S/R levels noted because am I still sorting out historical PA that I can go through. I'll get that sorted out soon.

I really wish I had a nice 3 monitor setup for each contract I am watching. Sometimes I switch over from oil to the russel and barely have time to react to the obvious setup its in. All in good time.