Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

Congrat on your success! Just out of curiosity what are your targets like? Point-wise I mean. I'm just wondering if you're trading huge lots for a few ticks of if you're catching big moves, or somewhere in between. I apologize in advance if you've answered this question in the past...

larger lots for what the market gives me, but I do not hold on for a very long time and a great deal of points.

I should see what my average target is, I would guess around 6-8 ticks, I have been improving on this since mid-summer though. I have been able to have the discipline to hold on longer.

I do not have a target going into a trade that is not based on anything but a number I made up, I wait until the trade looks like it is no longer moving in my direction or something else.

Today was the first day I only watched Crude and the Ten Year, I took one trade a short in CL, and I am happy with my analysis and execution. I was also finished very early which is always nice.

My short took off to the down side and gave me a picture perfect exit at the price I wanted when I entered the short.

I would like to watch the S&P, Crude Oil, 10 Year Note and possibly the Euro, 30 Year, FDAX, FESX, BUND, BOBL, SCHATZ and Nikkei. We will see if I can handle it, my main priority is the ES.

The results here are only Crude Oil. I got out part of my position with a very small gain and partial loss, which let the rest run, after this I managed my position very aggressively.

Results for December 15, 2009

attachment.php?attachmentid=16622&stc=1&d=1260903467

clserious.PNG.aefb2e9385482f57c9d30acffa1e1bf4.PNG

The results here are only Crude Oil. I got out part of my position with a very small gain and partial loss, which let the rest run, after this I managed my position very aggressively.

Results for December 15, 2009

attachment.php?attachmentid=16622&stc=1&d=1260903467

Wait ... Did you just make 183 trades on Crude ??? :shocked:

:hmmmm:

Wait ... Did you just make 183 trades on Crude ??? :shocked:

:hmmmm:

For whatever reason Ninja Trader combines trades, I do not understand why but I placed 1 trade today.

That is 300 posts :)

12-15-09: +$500.00

Just the ES today as I didn't get going till later than normal. Missed some nice moves on oil apparently though.

Nice job BR on the oil trade! Welcome to the cartel. We will be at your doorstep shortly for initiation.

12-15-2009.png.3bfec1a1580ee0957e774fdf99192968.png

For whatever reason Ninja Trader combines trades, I do not understand why but I placed 1 trade today.

That is 300 posts :)

Ninja counts trades by the number of exits/fills not entries.

Gabe

+ $284

Right after oil comes out I seem to do the best. My good "after inventory" trades had to offset my morning overtrading of oil. ZS gave me a picture perfect bounce of my support. I did better not overtrading today but still lots of work to be done on that. I guess I have a bit of a gambler inside me that has to be controlled constantly while watching the charts.

SIM

attachment.php?attachmentid=16657&stc=1&d=1260984170

5aa70f83b602a_12-16-20092.png.3024cad21fc57eb9afb0871e237cdea1.png

Edited by Dinerotrader
oil trade update

12-16-09: +$902.47

Just when I thought I might be getting along with the ES again, it slaps me around and calls me it's bitch. So then I quickly went over to the RLM and got my money back.

Let me explain via pictures...

attachment.php?attachmentid=16674&stc=1&d=1261006024

attachment.php?attachmentid=16673&stc=1&d=1261005770

As they say, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder and for a reversal trader the RLM provided a few nice trades with quick profits and the ES just didn't do anything.

12-16-2009.png.87981f7283f5a10964ffb6b706469fa4.png

RLMarvelous.png.8e95a0b9f27c8886d37f82aa49bd2bd2.png

ESux.png.d9469489b1d8d027050b2e0cec9c0495.png

Edited by brownsfan019

Just when I thought I might be getting along with the ES again, it slaps me around and calls me it's bitch. So then I quickly went over to the RLM and got my money back.

attachment.php?attachmentid=16674&stc=1&d=1261006024

attachment.php?attachmentid=16673&stc=1&d=1261005770

As they say, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder and for a reversal trader the RLM provided a few nice trades with quick profits and the ES just didn't do anything.

Just trying my crystal ball... did you use 3 or 4 contracts on the RLM?

Gabe

I would like to watch the S&P, Crude Oil, 10 Year Note and possibly the Euro, 30 Year, FDAX, FESX, BUND, BOBL, SCHATZ and Nikkei. We will see if I can handle it, my main priority is the ES.

Nice work all round for the year bathrobe. I was puzzled why you would want to watch the nikkei during USA hours. The CME contract is pretty pathetic IMHO and is really nothing more than an after hours market for the main Nikkei out of Osaka. Or, maybe you are meaning to extend your trading hours beyond just the USA session.

I've traded the nikkei daily for a couple of years..it's a pretty low volatility market, but has great volumes if you use the Osaka contracts.

With kind regards,

MK

Nice work all round for the year bathrobe. I was puzzled why you would want to watch the nikkei during USA hours. The CME contract is pretty pathetic IMHO and is really nothing more than an after hours market for the main Nikkei out of Osaka. Or, maybe you are meaning to extend your trading hours beyond just the USA session.

I've traded the nikkei daily for a couple of years..it's a pretty low volatility market, but has great volumes if you use the Osaka contracts.

With kind regards,

MK

I have not taken a hard look at the Nikkei yet but I plan on doing so soon. I was referring to the Osaka contract.

ITs almost over for this year. Next year promises to be very interesting. I have been working on some kind of auto trader for Ninja to just get me into the trade if my rules were met. Something simple, like where is price, where is S&R, where was price before reaching S&R, and if from below, sell it, if from above buy it but only if volume was greater than last time it was here or greater than 2 periods ago....hmm....simple enough?

5aa70f84b37d5_12-16-20096-09-22PM.thumb.png.3177b3b623adb31dd76bbd39d8d40a1a.png

ITs almost over for this year. Next year promises to be very interesting. I have been working on some kind of auto trader for Ninja to just get me into the trade if my rules were met. Something simple, like where is price, where is S&R, where was price before reaching S&R, and if from below, sell it, if from above buy it but only if volume was greater than last time it was here or greater than 2 periods ago....hmm....simple enough?

How do you define SR?

Thanks

Gabe

I was not at work to trade today so I had to deal with kids while trying to keep up with the CL, ZS, 6E, RLM, and the 6E. Not ideal.

I'll definitely be getting office space somewhere once I move to full time trading.

The G oil contract had more volume today than the F for the first time so I switch over and realized the price was way different ($2) and the got confused whether my S/R levels were still in the right place on the new contract. :confused:

The ES is so slow that I had to walk away from the computer just to stay in the trade.

The ZS had a good move but I wasn't watching it at the right time to catch it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=16703&stc=1&d=1261074714

5aa70f8502762_SNAG-12-17-200909.png.849f9944364e4008d5590534df19316f.png

Just trying my crystal ball... did you use 3 or 4 contracts on the RLM?

Gabe

Hi Gabe,

It is up to you, of course, but when you quot someone with embedded charts, or any lengthy post for that matter, you can delete the images or some of the text from the quote to save screen real estate and forum pages.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Here's an example using the post you quoted from Brownie:

Whats QW? :confused:

Quiet whispers ... shhhhhhhhhh.

Quadruple Witching - everything expires tomorrow, futures, futures options, stock options, stock futures.

Best Wishes,

Thales