Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

Record day for me on my futures trading. +$723

And that is even with a choppy day on the ZS. All currency trades were from last night.

attachment.php?attachmentid=15337&stc=1&d=1258388470

You know what is interesting dinero? You are showing some nice results w/o touching the ES. At one time around here that was the standard. If you didn't trade the ES, you weren't a trader.

Amazing how you can make some very nice profits (and some days easy profits) w/o even touching that bot crazy market.

Not happy with last night's trade. I was too quick on the trigger imo. Should have waited a bit to see how the market was going to move before putting on a trade. What actually happened was my position got steamrolled as I was on the other side of a moving market.

I'm happy with how I limited my losses by using a stop loss and actually sticking to it, however.

jjopvtwt.jpg

qox0c3iq.jpg

happy trading

You know what is interesting dinero? You are showing some nice results w/o touching the ES. At one time around here that was the standard. If you didn't trade the ES, you weren't a trader.

Mostly thanks to your posts about other futures. Hopefully everyone else will keep trading the ES as usual. I still haven't really spent much time with bonds during economic announcements. Its on my to do list. Oil and the soybeans keep me pretty busy. I don't have any time for trading this morning. I should be back at it tomorrow. I am always scared I'll miss that huge move on some day that I can't trade, even though I am still on SIM (I take my SIM trades very seriously).

11-17-09: -$77.50

A whole bunch of work for that. Some days you got it, other days you don't. A few trades could have been managed better, but tomorrow is a new day.

Also - once again, I think I am divorcing the 6E. We seem to have a love/hate relationship and lately it's been a lot of hate. So we are done till I get the itch again. ;)

Per a request, I'm going to try to remember to color code my days green = up, red = down. Apparently the - sign is hard to read for some.

11-17-2009.png.7b16ecd5c177bc0f6010992efb5dec3d.png

-NZ$39.92

Put on a short position on the DAX before the US market open and went to sleep. The market didn't decline much then rose, hitting my stop loss.

I wonder if there is a function that allows you to move your stops automatically so that it becomes a trailing stop. Will need to find out on my platform.

Anyway, the market was rather choppy and non trending today. I'll look for a short opportunity tomorrow. I think the mistake I made today was not waiting for a high probability setup. I knew my stop was likely to get hit but just went for the trade anyway. I think I was just afraid of missing out on a huge move.

DAX 30 min:

4mnixhp1.jpg

az4o0xlt.jpg

happy trading

No blotter. Down $300 ish. Not good. Couldn't get in the zone today. Still seem to be doing OK on a weekly basis so not panicking yet but my 'hot streak' has definitely died down.

On to tomorrow.

Cheers.

... been absent last few months.

Tuesday's p/l on gbp/usd:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/members/hedonq-albums-pnl-picture80-11-18.gif

Tough start but made some defensive and tactical adjustment in mid flight.

The last two trades were terrible, game plan dictated more ambitious target. In hindsight, price reached the target level eventually.

I think I did not not define what exactly needs to happen to invalidate the setup on the last two trades. Some price pressure needs to be considered as long as the setup is valid.

Good Luck.

No trading for me for last week and the rest of the week, in case anybody was wondering.

You guys are quite impressive with commodities. I lightly trade Oil and in the past some currencies, but I always felt these markets had geo-political and fundamental reasons as to why they moved (my father was a professional trader and taught me this) but you guys prove otherwise everyday.

No trading for me for last week and the rest of the week, in case anybody was wondering.

You guys are quite impressive with commodities. I lightly trade Oil and in the past some currencies, but I always felt these markets had geo-political and fundamental reasons as to why they moved (my father was a professional trader and taught me this) but you guys prove otherwise everyday.

BR - they all have the reasons for moving but I really enjoy Oil and Soybeans. If you want quick and decisive moves, you should take a peak.

BR - they all have the reasons for moving but I really enjoy Oil and Soybeans. If you want quick and decisive moves, you should take a peak.

Yeah, I have traded oil I will look at soybeans next week and maybe trade on very light size.

FWIW my father and I view all markets from opposite ends of the spectrum. I did not mean because he said that it was right........he traded in the late 1970's early 80's

11/19/09 +447.48

I missed the big oil move of the day which I had fully anticipated but I was on the road while it happened. Is there a way to make OEC generate a commissions expense so you have a net number at the end of the day. I am still overtrading so I need to get better at waiting for the moves. A big reduction in my P/L might help me with that.

attachment.php?attachmentid=15563&stc=1&d=1258655239

5aa70f63759dd_11-19-20093.png.3b3eb5741ae8e61d2038ee49e2c49e1f.png

11/19/09 +447.48

I missed the big oil move of the day which I had fully anticipated but I was on the road while it happened. Is there a way to make OEC generate a commissions expense so you have a net number at the end of the day. I am still overtrading so I need to get better at waiting for the moves. A big reduction in my P/L might help me with that.

I asked them to implement that before but I don't think it has. Send them a support ticket and I will do the same. Maybe a few of these will get it on their list again. I agree 100%, your p/l should be able to reflect gross AND net.

If you save the thumbnail and re-open it, everything seems OK but not if you just click on it.

Gabe

Not sure why this is happening. I tried it in Chrome incognito and Firefox with cookies and caches cleared, works fine.