Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

GREY1 took an over night LONG TRADE on BTU as seen,, The shown P/L does not mean any thing as the market could Gap down and I am toast,,

BTU is an energy stock and could defy the gravity ..

I be happy with $1000 profit and a loss of $500

We will see tomorrow

Grey1

GREY1 closed his over night BTU long Trade with $828 profit as seen ,,

Round1 Grey1 wins Mr Market lose,,

Grey1

snapshot-851.png.13917405242beaf7ebe552ce5179e5cb.png

BTU.jpg.df9ee49cdc7270db87ba4dda49d51405.jpg

snapshot-852.png.7a168872b141e1f4549ec19797980417.png

GREY1 closed his over night BTU long Trade with $828 profit as seen ,,

Round1 Grey1 wins Mr Market lose,,

Grey1

Round 2 LONG XOM the entry for the stock was perfect ( automated entry ) .. LONG 725 which profit was taken on 544 when it hit its first target with 181 to run ,,, the last lot was closed resulting in a total of $1083 profit for the day.

Grey1

snapshot-859.png.98c47e3d827b4adc573b8bc70d9cf4d1.png

snapshot-855.png.6f9d5059b0af18391ed0b71488c820ba.png

5aa70f45db2e7_today2.jpg.6b0b181de547d77cad3ba61c9ed66ec3.jpg

snapshot-856.png.5d084cb2f4b97cdbb7f107b85c793e91.png

10-27-09: +$302.50

Overall was ok but I really f'd it up on oil and Russell today. Oil was short, got out and proceeded to watch it drop hard. Not smart. Russell just flat out missed an easy long off the open. That simply is unacceptable.

Still working on my timing here, even after all these months. Hopefully my frustration at times serves as an aid for others to see that no matter how much you do this, you can still miss some easy setups for whatever reason(s).

The good news is that even by screwing a few things up, I've made about over $700/ct the last 2 days. While not perfect, it's still not too bad IMO. Trade 10 or 20 contracts and it just multiplies.

With that said, I'm not content with almost doing the job correctly.

10-27-2009.png.fcf671f78c2d2ec6edf9b81c3f8721d7.png

BF, same thing happened to me on es, I got short at 66 right before the news, got a bit scared as it shot to 69, got out with a tick and watched it drop 12 points in 2 minutes.

Im not done for today though

BF, same thing happened to me on es, I got short at 66 right before the news, got a bit scared as it shot to 69, got out with a tick and watched it drop 12 points in 2 minutes.

Im not done for today though

Glad I am not alone. ;)

Good to see you back BR. Now get back to work and show us how it's done please.

anyone.gif

Anyone still around besides a couple of us?

Hiya, Browns, Grey1, Chris, Brian! i'm here, for what it's worth. Good to see you guys posting and great to see your gains, as always :)

I'm in the red today and veeery vexed with myself :crap: Back later to 'fess up :roll eyes:

Hiya, Browns, Grey1, Chris, Brian! i'm here, for what it's worth. Good to see you guys posting and great to see your gains, as always :)

I'm in the red today and veeery vexed with myself :crap: Back later to 'fess up :roll eyes:

Just don't hide from it hunny. We are here to help and you'd be amazed how it feels just putting it down for others to see. Yeah, losses hurt (money + ego) but IMO this will accelerate your learning curve.

Grey1 will not be trading any more to day ,,hence this the final P/L

Final P/L + $1430

I am including all trades and the price filled .. I doubt posting P/L will help any 1 to learn trading hence I wont post any more and instead will be posting on various advanced Risk analysis,statistical arb , pair trading , program trading ,modern chart analysis ( pattern recognition using gentic NN, fuzzy analysis, expert systems and various AI techniques ) as we go along ,, this way I am sure my expertise will benefit some soul .

Muachs Gracias

snapshot-860.png.7c59f43f2322ded041b1d60ca357d0c4.png

final.jpg.5cc6053682887710fa2a01976eccc752.jpg

I doubt posting P/L will help any 1 to learn trading hence I wont post any more

Once again, you fail to see how your posting can help others. Maybe not learn to trade a specific method (that's the easy part) but learn how a successful trader manages trades, what kind of results are possible and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

But we seem to mix like water and oil so this doesn't surprise me. Take care Grey1 and if you are going to post these ideas here on TL, I'm looking forward to reading about these ideas you mention.

Final P/L + $1430

I am including all trades and the price filled .. I doubt posting P/L will help any 1 to learn trading hence I wont post any more and instead will be posting on various advanced Risk analysis,statistical arb , pair trading , program trading ,modern chart analysis ( pattern recognition using gentic NN, fuzzy analysis, expert systems and various AI techniques ) as we go along ,, this way I am sure my expertise will benefit some soul .

Muachs Gracias

you are in the p/l thread........not the fuzzy analysis thread

Final P/L + $1430

Muachs Gracias

It is spelled Muchas Gracias and it would be nice if you will stop refering to yourself in third tence.

Gabe

Real Money trade for today. YRCW +0.11/share or +3.9%

attachment.php?attachmentid=14610&stc=1&d=1256660539

SIM trading for the day. Took more trades than I usually would but I am still trying to get comfortable with my order strategy and build my skills in exiting when my entry appears flawed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=14611&stc=1&d=1256660539

5aa70f46187a4_10-27-20092.png.86b7904c4ac79f777b57e098bb07795f.png

5aa70f461f311_10-27-20091.thumb.png.4425dd5ab758422a63c48ce0a97ac141.png

Well...made hard work of it today. Made loads of trades which certainly isn't part of the plan. All that being said, i'd be a very happy guy if all of my 'hard' days were still winners like today, lol.

tlpnl.thumb.JPG.de92644cb21b1ce1943ce77e0e454bbf.JPG

Once again, you fail to see how your posting can help others. Maybe not learn to trade a specific method (that's the easy part) but learn how a successful trader manages trades, what kind of results are possible and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

But we seem to mix like water and oil so this doesn't surprise me. Take care Grey1 and if you are going to post these ideas here on TL, I'm looking forward to reading about these ideas you mention.

Although I can see the point of posting P/L because it demonstrates that it is possible to make money from trading, I am sure (from knowing Grey1's material on another site) that readers will find what he has to say extremely interesting and useful. I am sure that he will show very clearly how successful traders manage trades, because trade management and especially risk management forms a major part of his strategy.

Many people followed his technical trader's thread over on T2W and found it beneficial. A number of people including myself have incorporated these ideas into automated or semi-automated trading engines.

Charlton

Although I can see the point of posting P/L because it demonstrates that it is possible to make money from trading, I am sure (from knowing Grey1's material on another site) that readers will find what he has to say extremely interesting and useful. I am sure that he will show very clearly how successful traders manage trades, because trade management and especially risk management forms a major part of his strategy.

Many people followed his technical trader's thread over on T2W and found it beneficial. A number of people including myself have incorporated these ideas into automated or semi-automated trading engines.

Charlton

Sounds good, looking forward to reading about the ideas.

Charlton

Hi

I hope you have developed your risk based engine and happy with it,,, LOTE_TREE was here in my house and he is on his way to develope his own code..We spent 9 hours to gether and it was mostly about risk management... Let me know if you have any problem then perhaps we can meet here for a full day of live trading..

grey1

Hi

I hope you have developed your risk based engine and happy with it,,, LOTE_TREE was here in my house and he is on his way to develope his own code..We spent 9 hours to gether and it was mostly about risk management... Let me know if you have any problem then perhaps we can meet here for a full day of live trading..

grey1

It's coming along slowly thanks. I took some time out, but am trying to make up ground again. It was quite some session with Lote_tree by the sound of it !

Thank you for your most generous offer about any problems I may have and the possibility of a meet up. It would be something I would like to do very much and I think sometime post-Christmas would be great so that I can get a little more development work done so that I might be able to also show you what I have done.

Fly me to the Moon :rofl:

Charlton

one trade went +190/per and my target was +200... so i missed by a tick and took a par...

and then i caught this move in the BP later in the day...

2r77ej8.png

1 contract, 30 ticks.

Bring on tomorrow!

It's coming along slowly thanks. I took some time out, but am trying to make up ground again. It was quite some session with Lote_tree by the sound of it !

Thank you for your most generous offer about any problems I may have and the possibility of a meet up. It would be something I would like to do very much and I think sometime post-Christmas would be great so that I can get a little more development work done so that I might be able to also show you what I have done.

Fly me to the Moon :rofl:

Charlton

please email me to arrange a date as it says you donot accept private message on this site

tgafar@btinternet.com

thanks

Stopping early again as have done well. I appear to be on a roll recently, averaging about 45 pips per day. Dont konw if it means im getting better or the market just happens to be suiting my style, but I expect to get a beating soon enough! Still, cross that bridge when i come to it I guess:

tlpnl.thumb.JPG.53883ae4454ba5cda1b844651f384325.JPG

The good, new record. The bad, gross loss.........same as last time I had a huge day. My problem with these trades where I have an overall winner but a large gross loss is I get shaken and bail early. Usually my analysis is spot on. I need to work on this.

I cannot post the .png image directly to my post, what is explained in the link provided by BF does not work for me I have no clue why.

Also, I took 1 trade today, not 257

1028.PNG.57aa6f55a50f1018116cc43285af260b.PNG

10-28-09: +$257.19

Couldn't quite get in sync w/ oil today as I went 1/4 there today. The good news is that even batting 25% there was a minimal loss. That just comes from risk management and getting good returns on your winners. That's part of the reason why I don't put as much in winning % as I once did. If your winners can outpace your losers enough, the win % does not have to be huge.

10-28-2009.png.b1b71ee3681a389efebeb0c476a002ba.png