Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

Thanks for generously sharing your trades and blotters with us - Chris, brownsfan and Thalestrader - so we can learn how it's done. It's heartening to know that there are successful traders out there and even more heartening that they take the time to share their methods of spotting high-probability trades with rookies. I've learnt quite a bit from reading your various posts (but am only scratching the surface still), so please keep it up! :thumbs up: (sorry about the emoticons - it's a girl thing)

Thanks, Grey1, for sharing the signals from your automated TS8.6 system with us, and everyone who's making this such a great and interactive thread!

I'm new to this whole thing, so there'll be lots of daft questions i'll ask - please bear with me?

Here are a couple for brownsfan, please:

(1) what are these instruments you were trading - GCLX9, ZN29, ZSX9? :confused:

(2) and if it's not too much trouble, would you be so kind as to explain the oil trade setups to which JKLM refers?

Thanks!

Thanks for generously sharing your trades and blotters with us - Chris, brownsfan and Thalestrader - so we can learn how it's done. It's heartening to know that there are successful traders out there and even more heartening that they take the time to share their methods of spotting high-probability trades with rookies. I've learnt quite a bit from reading your various posts (but am only scratching the surface still), so please keep it up! :thumbs up: (sorry about the emoticons - it's a girl thing)

Thanks, Grey1, for sharing the signals from your automated TS8.6 system with us, and everyone who's making this such a great and interactive thread!

I'm new to this whole thing, so there'll be lots of daft questions i'll ask - please bear with me?

Here are a couple for brownsfan, please:

(1) what are these instruments you were trading - GCLX9, ZN29, ZSX9? :confused:

(2) and if it's not too much trouble, would you be so kind as to explain the oil trade setups to which JKLM refers?

Thanks!

1) GCL = oil, ZN = 10 yr bond, ZS = soybeans. When in doubt, use the CME website as a reference tool.

2) JKLM made an inference as to where I entered based on the blotter. The exact trade setup is not outlined on TL.

Couple other things...

... JKLM brought to my attention that even though the time stamp is removed, it's not terribly difficult pinpointing where I entered and exited. I'm not sure that is what I want at this point so I may be blurring out prices or using a condensed p/l that just shows end of day results, not broken out per trade.

... While the exact setup isn't laid out in 1,2,3 steps, you might find a good bit of info in the Candlestick Corner which I started here on TL.

brownsfan

sorry ..i didn't want offend you

I just want chat about your CL trades, and I don't see why is that a problem

btw. I see lot of post you claiming that you trade few market only AM since that is time when market moving ....

your second trade was 1 pm ...

if you don't want talk about it ....no problem :) we all breaking our trading rules sometimes :)

cya

Had a nice trade off a retrace to S/R......a tech glitch made me have to flatten to get out and cost me around 10k.

I attached a chart with some thoughts behind the trade.

107.PNG.43b1e1a8db3d978e7f86ff98ee484c51.PNG

chart07.thumb.PNG.6e1151a621caff6af405e444f1d594bd.PNG

Edited by bathrobe

Sorry the glitch mucked up what would've been a nice trade, Chris. Man, that must have sucked. Thanks for explaining the thoughts behind the trade.

Brownsfan, thanks for the pointers.

Done for today. Happy with + 2.75

I will start posting blotters again soon, but having issues with a ninjatrader upgrade. Dont want to lose all my chart settings. Trades were:

Would have been a very very good day if it wasn't for those 2 losers before the market opened, trading the globex session. Thinking about not trading globex and only trading RTH. Maybe not enought volume on globex making trading too choppy?

As always, 1 contract, so +$110 or so after commissions.

Sim trading. 15 min. chart. Set trade before I went to bed. I had my sell stop for entry at the previous swing low, and stop at previous swing high shown by ellipses. Traded 2 contracts. First target around the 43 area at previous support, and second target around 40 at previous support. Used the 60min chart for targets.

I was stopped out within 1 tick of the high for the day. If I had set my stop 2 ticks higher, I would actually still be in the trade, but still not have hit either target yet. Disregard 'target' on the left of the chart. That is from my trade yesterday.

5aa70f3715372_ES12-0910_7_2009(15Min).thumb.jpg.85b98a0929b2a7df30e9c947d6f3d286.jpg

market is dead hence small P/L

Two trade first one a loss of $76 and the other a gain of $216 Net profit of$140 Deposit for a cabbage

On days such as to day where volatility is low making proper $$$ can only be achieved by taking out of proportion risk which i am not prepared to take... It is yet early and it still could trade couple more times to improve on the P/L but it might not take any trades.

I could manually increase the pos size for better gains how ever this would skew the historical risk ratio which in turns it means a potential risk to capital .. This I cannot allow.

Was it Alen Farley who said pro look into Risk others chase the gains or some thing to this effect..

Done for today. Happy with + 2.75

I will start posting blotters again soon, but having issues with a ninjatrader upgrade. Dont want to lose all my chart settings. Trades were:

Would have been a very very good day if it wasn't for those 2 losers before the market opened, trading the globex session. Thinking about not trading globex and only trading RTH. Maybe not enought volume on globex making trading too choppy?

As always, 1 contract, so +$110 or so after commissions.

I did not see or hear anything about a Ninja Trader upgrade, is this only the UK? Did you not download the upgrade from a few months ago?

Chris

I did not see or hear anything about a Ninja Trader upgrade, is this only the UK? Did you not download the upgrade from a few months ago?

Chris

Do not worry. Its my own fault. I haven't upgraded in a long time. Will do it at the weekend i think, but until I do my performance tab isn't updating properly, hence no blotters at the mo.

brownsfan

sorry ..i didn't want offend you

I just want chat about your CL trades, and I don't see why is that a problem

btw. I see lot of post you claiming that you trade few market only AM since that is time when market moving ....

your second trade was 1 pm ...

if you don't want talk about it ....no problem :) we all breaking our trading rules sometimes :)

cya

I'm not offended at all, sorry it came across that way. I just have a reservation about dissecting my trades to the point where entries can be zero'd in on. Call it old school or ego, just don't want all that out there freely. It's my issue to work with, not yours.

Sim trading. 15 minute chart. Sold on break of consolidation (top red dashed line). This has actually become my favorite trade. The ES almost always consolidates in the evening, and trading that breakout for a few points. Target was bottom red dashed line. Had target set about a point above that. Sometimes it tends not to quite reach the support so I fudge it and set the target a little higher. Although it did go on to break support. Trade triggered at 11:50 last night and target hit at 9:33 this morning. 3 pts.

5aa70f37b08f0_ES12-0910_8_2009(15Min).jpg.b748945a46f560c3d0a8ede83535e939.jpg

Sim trading. 1 pt. within the square. You can also see previous 3 pt.trade for the day which I have already posted about. +4.

5aa70f37be56e_ES12-0910_8_2009(15Min)2.jpg.6ce6d4fd15b523c5bb1496b76352ad29.jpg

trades.thumb.JPG.5fa0cbfe6b5d4101158e3b60572bc7b1.JPG

Edited by BrianNC

Today I had a problem with my platform again :crap::crap::crap::crap:

I had to flatten, which sends a mkt order, which I normally do not use.

You gave all that back due to a market order? Aye chihuahua.

Edited by BrianNC

10-8-09: N/A

Nothing today as I was up late doing a few things. Got to the computers too late today, but man some nice setups were there. I just hate trading when tired so the snooze button was used today.

:sleep:

10-8-09: N/A

Nothing today as I was up late doing a few things. Got to the computers too late today, but man some nice setups were there. I just hate trading when tired so the snooze button was used today.

:sleep:

Brownsfan,

I can't remember how you trade. Are you price action/patterns only or do you use indicators?

Today I had a problem with my platform again :crap::crap::crap::crap:

I had to flatten, which sends a mkt order, which I normally do not use.

It wasn't so much the market order as the fact that many of my contracts were not in my target which I did not notice until I thought I was out but the dom p/l was dancing around. As you know in Ninja Trader you can not just hit a button to flatten but you have to right click and choose "flatten everything" By the time I realized all this and did some quick math regarding what my commissions are on the trade, I decided to flatten. But no I did not lose that much from having to flatten.