Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

Guess most of us had a slow Monday. I'm really upset at myself for missing a nice bond setup, but for whatever reason, my head wasn't in the game. Not sure if I like 3 day weekends or not. lol.

But we gotta keep positive - 4 days remaining this week to get the job done and done the right way.

:)

two trades so far this morning on ES... a long from 841.75 and a long from 847.50. I've posted charts on my blog of the trades setting up and entry.

Boost!

my monday was good, kept disciplined and focused. Good trade, bad trade....next trade. Here is what my day looked like trading some bond futures... Obviously I could have held on to some like the long at 125.19, which then traded at 125.79, would have made $1000 but I am too chicken to hold it, but hey at least I'm green today.

5aa70ec4796b2_April142009.JPG.bbcc7771f41ef051f2f2292ec3412f1e.JPG

I trade the EC for about 3 hours in the morning between 500 and 800.

I use three time-frames: 34t (trade from this screen), 170t (intermediate trend), 850t (long term trend). Time frames are multiples of five.

My system is biased off the Watts system.

I’ve been simulation trading for over a month now and things have been going really well. Last week was almost too easy as my entries were spot on. Starting this Monday things have been painful as I now have two losing days in a row. While I’m correct with my assessment of the trend of the market, I’m entering too soon on the retracements. The retracements pull back further than what I'm use to seeing and I then get stopped out.

Then I noticed something after my 5th losing trade.

Most of the time over the past month the trends have been rather strong - at least when I'm watching the market. My normal entry screen is 34t chart and it has been a great place to find a pull back – in a strong market. However, now things are not trending as well and I’m noticing my middle time frame (170t) is a much better entry indicator.

This is something I will have to monitor more closely. I will also go back in history and review my setups and triggers considering the possibility that my intermediate time frame has it's place as a entry indicator during more choppy market conditions. I think in the recent past my three chart system would often keep me out of choppy markets. Sometimes several days passed where I did not make a single trade. And that's fine with me. However, Monday and Tuesday the market was trending on all my time frames but in a choppy manner. I may have to recognize these conditions and watch my mid-chart more closely.

I'm still training my neural net but I think I learned a valuable lesson over these last two days.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10163&stc=1&d=1239731193

EC_Day_06.thumb.jpg.7faa5b1127fa09e0442c76f0bab2322b.jpg

hi folks

I like this thread ... and special thanks to brownsfan who start it

I trade oil, and will also contribute posting P&L

cya

my first trade of the day on es was a real jammy one. I'll post it on my blog later but i was long from 837 with a 6 tick stop, market came down to my stop, kissed it, didn't fill, then shot off and i got my 3pts lol

First trade of the Day, no brainer, easy money...

Ronin - can your blotter show the P&L in terms of $? As you know, bond quotes are not fun to interpret, so for lazy guys like me, just wondering if you can show it in $ amounts too.

Glad to see another bond trader here!

here it is

today I restart trading after 21 days off ( because of 20% drawdown )

didnt trade much today ... I just wan't to feel market again and wining atitude ..

t1.jpg.5b16b7dcbd715dca4b5b4af717bb072f.jpg

JK - what market(s) do you trade? I see the CL today, any others or just oil?

last year or so I trade only oil

It is hard to me stay focused on two things at same time

but since I am in europe, in the morning I watch FESX and trade it sometimes

I've made a post on trailing stops in the emini's so check the blog out if you're interested It's a nice and simple practical method and is something that you can implement straight away into your trading.

Let me know what you think about it, or if you have any suggestions

Boost!

Brownsfan I have a question for you. What is the basis of your decision making process on trading the bonds(literature, fundamentals, indicators etc...) I would really like to know because as of yet i m still just scalping and would like to know what to read to get better.