Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

It's about 11:30 EST and it worked. I was able to log in with no issue. I have to catch a flight so I will not be in tomorrow but have a good time guys. Don't forget it's FOMC.

Yes, its temporarily working but still a bit worried about stability. We are considering moving the media server for the chat. I should have a fix for this by today US open. Thanks.

Logged in pre-open, and after couple of minutes Firefox totally crashed and I got a crash report. It's the first time EVER Firefox crashed like that...

now I'm trying to get back in but hanging at the 'initialization' screen

Edit: just got back in

Crashed again. :(

I HIGHLY suggest we put back the old chat room until the media server has been proven stable with the new software.

FWIW, the PM function is not working. Rather than start a new thread, and since it appears to be associated with everything else that's going on, I've included the notice here.

FWIW, the PM function is not working. Rather than start a new thread, and since it appears to be associated with everything else that's going on, I've included the notice here.

PM went thru. I have no idea what the problem was or why it isn't a problem any more. But that's one less thing to deal with :)

Yes, it's down for now (he's been having some issues with the server). If you'd like to chat for the rest of the day see my link above. Soultrader is most likely asleep right now and nothing will be done until later today.

Server crashed again.

For temp chat room see link earlier in this thread.

And that's without TOG even talking...

imagine what it would do when he's actually typing :)

can't get back in btw

restarting the media server now. should be up in a few minutes. if it crashes again, i wont be around till 6pm est. Also getting a team to reinstall the system again later. Thanks.

Hi, might be a bit too unstable today with the tech team currently working on it. Might be best to use the temp chat room until further notice. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate the patience.

Updates >>>>>>>>

I have some updates regarding the chat system. Our technical team monitored the chat system for 12 hours last night and have concluded that the server simply shuts down after being heavily loaded by requests.

In order to fix this problem, we are installing a new media server. I have been told that ETA is 40minutes, but I suspect will take over 2 hours. After we sort this out, please expect a stable chat system.

My apologies for the issues. Since this is our first time implementing such an advanced system within our boards, there has been numerous technical problems as well as delays. Hopefully this will all be taken care of today. Thank you.

Hi all, we are up and running on a fresh media server. Please report any errors. Hopefully this time we are all set to go. Thanks.

Thank you, James. Here's hoping all runs well.

Hi,

I was away last night and logged in today to see the chat room froze again. Did anyone experience any issues on Fridays session? Thanks.

Yes, James. Still the same issue. First the chat started lagging and after a few minutes it crashed. I can't remember exact time when it happened, but it was later in the day than usually, I'd guess 2 or 3 hours after US open.

I think we found another bug.

If you type too much text it will just cut it off at a certain point while posting. However, since the text window doesn't give you a heads up to how much is too much it can be annoying after half your text vanishes. I am not sure if this is new or if it's always been like this. Most programs will either not post it (keeping it in the text window for you to edit) and let you know it's too much, or make it so you can't type anymore at a certain point.

However, for the majority of the chat this is probably not an issue since most people use short sentences.

Just thought I would mention it.

Edited by Hlm

I think we found another bug.

If you type too much text it will just cut it off at a certain point while posting. However, since the text window doesn't give you a heads up to how much is too much it can be annoying after half your text vanishes. I am not sure if this is new or if it's always been like this. Most programs will either not post it (keeping it in the text window for you to edit) and let you know it's too much, or make it so you can't type anymore at a certain point.

However, for the majority of the chat this is probably not an issue since most people use short sentences.

Just thought I would mention it.

Thanks for the notice Hlm. It appears to cut off at 500 characters or so no matter what limit I place. Im looking into this problem now.