Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

nuno-online

Easylanguage: Plot Points at the Extremes of High / Low

here is a screenshot about what i want to do : plot points at the extremes of high / low

An Upswing starts when a bar s high and low prices rise above the respective high and low prices of the latest Downswing. Prices then remain in an Upswing until such a bar that the high and low prices decline below the respective high and low prices of the highest bar of the Upswing. The highest price in the Upswing is called a TOP

A Downswing starts when a bar s high and low prices decline below the respective high and low prices of the highest bar of the latest Upswing. Prices then remain in a Downswing until a bar high and low prices rise above the respective high and low prices of the lowest bar of the Downswing. The lowest price in the Downswing is called a BOTTOM.

in my code, points aren't plotted at the extremes of high / low

THANKS YOU FOR HELP

Vars: Trend(0), DnTrend(False), UpTrend(False), DnTrendLow(999999),UpTrendHigh(-99999),

UpTrendLow(0),DnTrendHigh(0), UpTrendDate(0), DnTrendDate(0), DownTrendBar(0), UpTrendBar(0);

Arrays: LastH[3](0), LastLo[3](0),DateH[3](0),DateLo[3](0);

{ Downtrend = one down bar / Uptrend = one up bar }

DnTrend = High < High[1] and Low < Low[1];

UpTrend = High > High[1] and Low > Low[1];

{ We define a change from an Uptrend to a Downtrend as a simple Downtrend combined with

the low lower than the low recorded on the day of the highest bar of the latest Uptrend. }

If DnTrend = True and Low <= UpTrendLow then Trend = -1;

{ We define a change from a Downtrend to an Uptrend as a simple Uptrend combined with

the high greater than the high recorded on the day of the lowest bar of the latest Downtrend. }

If UpTrend = True and High >= DnTrendHigh then Trend = 1;

{ Keep track of the high recorded on the day of the lowest low of a Downtrend

Keep track of the low recorded on the day of the hightest high of an Uptrend }

If Trend = 1 and High > UpTrendHigh and High > High[1] then UpTrendLow = Low;

If Trend = -1 and Low < DnTrendLow and Low < Low[1] then DnTrendHigh = High;

If Trend = -1 and DnTrendLow > Low then

Begin

DnTrendDate = Date;

DownTrendBar = CurrentBar;

DnTrendLow = Low;

End;

If Trend = 1 and UpTrendHigh < High then

Begin

UpTrendDate = Date;

UpTrendBar = CurrentBar;

UpTrendHigh = High;

End;

If Trend = 1 and Trend[1] <> 1 then

Begin

LastLo[0] = DnTrendLow;

DnTrendLow = Low;

DateLo[0] = DnTrendDate;

Plot1(LastLo[0],"Dn");

//Plot1[CurrentBar - UpTrendBar](LastLo[0],"Dn");

End

Else

NoPlot(1);

If Trend = - 1 and Trend[1] <> -1 then

Begin

LastH[0] = UpTrendHigh;

UpTrendHigh = High;

DateH[0] = UpTrendDate;

Plot2(LastH[0],"Up");

//Plot2[CurrentBar - DnTrendBar](LastH[0],"Up");

End

Else

Noplot(2);

5aa70ea3ae8e5_UPSWINGDOWNSWING.png.3c84d3d5006b130b42c0c1d8fd232e29.png

I am a MC User

We define a change from an Uptrend to a Downtrend as a simple Downtrend combined with the low lower than the low recorded on the day of the highest bar of the latest Uptrend.

We define a change from a Downtrend to an Uptrend as a simple Uptrend combined with

the high greater than the high recorded on the day of the lowest bar of the latest Downtrend.

ZigZag indicator is different

I tried to modidy ZigZag Indicator code but the result isn't what i wanted

I only want to plot points at the extremes of high / low

An Upswing starts when a bar s high and low prices rise above the respective high and low prices of the latest Downswing. Prices then remain in an Upswing until such a bar that the high and low prices decline below the respective high and low prices of the highest bar of the Upswing. The highest price in the Upswing is called a TOP

A Downswing starts when a bar s high and low prices decline below the respective high and low prices of the highest bar of the latest Upswing. Prices then remain in a Downswing until a bar high and low prices rise above the respective high and low prices of the lowest bar of the Downswing. The lowest price in the Downswing is called a BOTTOM.

here is the screenshot that resume what i wanted

I hope someone help me

is it possible to do that

5aa70ea5a3ae3_UPSWINGDOWNSWING.png.08de2f5a49b1e6cfe3fdcfd4b0027a54.png

I tried to modidy ZigZag Indicator code but the result isn't what i wanted .......... I hope someone help me

is it possible to do that

You are probably looking for a ZZ that is not dynamic in nature so that you can do some automated strategy. The code you are looking for has been done by Spyros Raftopoulos in 2003. He originally coded it in Metastock and although there is a TS version, the published code requires more modification to match that of the Raftopoulos.

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/Archive/112003/TradersTips/TradersTips.html

Spyros Raftopoulos's article in this issue, "The Zigzag Trend Indicator," describes a method of deducing trend from reversal filters. In earlier articles, Raftopoulos described methods for charting zigzags, but his zigzag validity indicator only displayed the "locked" high and low, not the moment when the retracement criteria were met. Raftopoulos's new zigzag trend indicator, described in this issue, can now display this previously undisplayed information on the chart.

give this a try...

this is the Price Action code.

It labels HH/LL on your chart.

I have modified it to draw a horizontal line at the top and bottom of each turn.

you have the option to print the text, draw the line, or both.

HH_LL_Line.txt

Hi Tams,

thx for providing this one.

Not sure whats wrong, but it did not verify first and I changed the darkyellow color to get it done.

But neither text shows up nor the lines, and true for theses is set.

Any idea or help?

Running on TS 8.4 latest build.

Thx,

Goody

Hi Tams,

Not sure whats wrong, but it did not verify first and I changed the darkyellow color to get it done.

Any idea or help?

Thx,

Goody

mmm... don't know why.

The code is very generic.

I know people have tried in TradeStation with no problem.

I use MultiCharts.

Maybe someone with TradeStation can share his experience.

Hi Tams,

Any idea or help?

Thx,

Goody

Good news. Fredd has posted an ELD here:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f56/free-easylanguage-indicators-5418.html#post59382