Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Stockaddict

What Made You Profitable?

It has been said before by many in this thread.

Don't overtrade (I study charts for 20 - 40 minutes pre FO LO (5-6am gmt) place the trades and go back to bed) two or three 20 - 40 pip trades a day for 20 minutes work suits me well.

Could you possibly give us an example of this?

I would say right mindset!:2c:

Just recall turtle traders.Many of them were not able to apply strategy that was pulling out money from market.All just because issues within scull.

This is good advice, about not overtrading. However, many day traders cannot plan their trades in advance with that small of a range, particularly on volatile markets. We must trade what we see NOW. Others are able to do this, depending on their strategy and market and time frame.

100% agree ... its OK to have cash sitting and not being invested\trading something. Only when the right opportunity comes do you need to deploy it.

MMS

Don't overtrade (I study charts for 20 - 40 minutes pre FO LO (5-6am gmt) place the trades and go back to bed) two or three 20 - 40 pip trades a day for 20 minutes work suits me well.

Ha ha. Unfortunately, you can not cash in the 20-40 pips your earn during REM sleep.

One day you too will realize how ridicules your statement is.

This is good advice, about not overtrading. However, many day traders cannot plan their trades in advance with that small of a range, particularly on volatile markets. We must trade what we see NOW. Others are able to do this, depending on their strategy and market and time frame.

I choose pre FO and LO for that reason, I consider it the positioning or grinding time of the day, the price almost always moves nice and steadily to the levels that they start the games during the Frankfurt and London sessions. I am told the pre Asian session moves in a similar way.

Have a look at the way the price goes mad at about 7 - 7.30 am UK time, that is why I like to be out of the markets by then.

It works extremely well for me.

Mate, I do not need to know anything about you. I do know that no one makes money in their sleep the way you claim and that is all I need to know. And you are included when I say no one. You will be able to review them in time and you will learn how foolish your statement is to those who know how to take money from the markets. That is okay because everyone begins their trading journey with naive beliefs like you are displaying. I assure you that most people here do not believe that you are telling the truth.

I flipped thru a few charts at 6am UK time, EU looked the best bet.

20 minutes work 30 pips profit. Rinse and repeat tomorrow.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDt1U98XWAs]todays trade - YouTube[/ame]

Mate, do you have any live statements from your trades?

Three winning trades in total, 80 pips nett profit, rinse and repeat tomorrow.

trade two

trade three

yesterday I said I take two or three trades a day, today I produced the goods.

A very relaxed days trading, all the analysis was done in about 20 minutes at 6am UK time.

Have a nice day.

xkr, I'm not asserting that you are not taking these trades in real time. However, a video does not prove anything. You can record two separate charts, one with you shorting, and one with you longing, add the audio later, and voila, you can never lose.

The ONLY way to prove that what you are doing is real is to call the trade REAL TIME. So, next time you start your video recorder, why not post your trade as you're taking it?

To whoever mentioned it, a brokerage statement proves nothing either. Hedge your position with two live accounts--long in one, short in the other, and again, you can't lose.

I'll re-iterate. The ONLY way to prove a trade was taken is to announce the trade AS it's taken.

Again, I'm not calling you a liar. I'm simply saying that your video means nothing, if the intent of the video is to prove that you took the trade. It may have value to someone learning to trade a particular method, however.

That's funky TL, my earlier posts are deleted!? ... doesn't matter

Yes I know statements can be manipulated that way. My bad but maybe I didn't say it right but I just questioning the trader's live trades since all I see are trades after the fact. Calling out consistent "live" trades would be the way to go.

Plus, no need to prove yourself xkr, if it works for you so keep doing what u do

xkr, I'm not asserting that you are not taking these trades in real time. However, a video does not prove anything. You can record two separate charts, one with you shorting, and one with you longing, add the audio later, and voila, you can never lose.

The ONLY way to prove that what you are doing is real is to call the trade REAL TIME. So, next time you start your video recorder, why not post your trade as you're taking it?

To whoever mentioned it, a brokerage statement proves nothing either. Hedge your position with two live accounts--long in one, short in the other, and again, you can't lose.

I'll re-iterate. The ONLY way to prove a trade was taken is to announce the trade AS it's taken.

Again, I'm not calling you a liar. I'm simply saying that your video means nothing, if the intent of the video is to prove that you took the trade. It may have value to someone learning to trade a particular method, however.

Point taken of course. I am not here to prove anything really. MM made some high handed remarks and got my back up.

As for wasting my time concocting fake videos I have far better thing to do with my time. I am an open book.

That's funky TL, my earlier posts are deleted!? ... doesn't matter

Yes I know statements can be manipulated that way. My bad but maybe I didn't say it right but I just questioning the trader's live trades since all I see are trades after the fact. Calling out consistent "live" trades would be the way to go.

Plus, no need to prove yourself xkr, if it works for you so keep doing what u do

Hi,

Yes, vendor-related (bash, accusation, prove yourself, etc) posts that are off-topic from the original thread will be deleted as they take the good thread down a bad road.

thx

MMS