Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

EnergyOptions

Energy Options (Crude, Nat Gas, Heat, RBob Gas)

Hello,

I currently work on the floor of the NYMEX in energy options and am looking to expand my knowledge, contacts (and book ;) ) within the energy markets. I'm a young guy eager to become successful in this industry. The firm I work for can excecute all options trades on the floor with the 4 energy markets:

Crude options- LO (symbol)

Heating Oil options-OH

Natural Gas options-ON

RBob Gasoline options- OB

The company I work for is in a great position near the pits and if any quotes throughout the trading day or service is needed, I can personally help you out by adding you to our Yahoo messenger or AOL IM (where you can see the markets or size trades in live time) or exchanging phone numbers for more personal contact. Thanks

If anyone has any questions on how things work on the floor as opposed to OTC, please leave a reply. Thanks again

Brian

Hi Brian,

Welcome to TL and good to have you on board. Not many traders get to experience the life of a pit trader. I am sure most of the members would be interested in hearing more about your experiences at the pit.

What is the culture like amongst traders? Do some traders have an upper hand over others? What is the turnover ratio for floor traders? The advantages vs disadvantages of being on the floor, etc....

Just a few questions I have off the top of my head. Would appreciate if you can share with us some thoughts. Thanks.

Hi,

I am a futures and options trader with very little experience on strtegies. I would love to hear more on p/c ratios at certain strikes etc. If you wish to have a chat, please let me know. I will then call you or forward you my number.

i used to clerk on the NYMEX floor and traded on the NYBOT for a while. trading crude options from the screen now. anyone still interested in this thread?

energyoptions (Brian) if you are still here, who do you work for?

Brian,

I know your post was some time ago but it could be a very interesting topic. I have traded equity options for a number of years now but have never done anything with the futures options.

I would be very interested to hear about your approach on the floor with these products. I'm curious to know how well some of the common options strategies work on the futures options.

Would really appreciate any input you would be willing to give.

I am mainly trading with NG futures options and I love the way it pays in terms of credit/margin ratios. It is also true that NG is a "bit" volatile so you really have to have some kind of adjustment strategies in place to protect your portfolio.

I would love to work in that pit man, so good to have you here...