Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Guest rliceaga

New Emini Trading Strategy

Guest rliceaga

Got this on youtube from eminidaytrader. There's an auto .eld on this. I'm looking for an auto .efs.

1) Create a 3000 tick bar chart of the @ES.D. The system also works on the @ER2.D.

2) Insert a 9 period EMA moving average. Make this line white.

3) Insert a 55 period SMA moving average. Make this line magenta.

4) Insert the Tradestation built-in indicator "TrendLines Automatic". Use the following settings: TrendLines Automatic(4,4,10,"Yes","Red","Blue","Intrabar").

5) Insert the MACD indicator. Use the default settings: 12,26,9.

Here are the trading rules:

1. Red line-this is the resistance line. This line will only be used for buy signals. One close above the red line and you can take a long(buy) entry on the open of the next bar.

2.Blue line-this is the support line. This line will only be used for sell signals. One close below the blue line and you can take a short(sell) entry on the open of the next bar.

3. White line-this line is your intial stop line and trailing stop line. Once you close above the red line or below the blue line then you use the white line as your stop. For ex: if you close one bar outside of the red line would be a buy signal at the open of the next bar. After entry your intial stop and trailing stop would be one close below the white line after entry.

4.Yellow/cyan line-these two lines are at the bottom of the chart. If the yellow line is above the cyan line the market is in an uptrend. If the yellow is below the cyan then the market is in a downtrend. The wider the lines are apart from each other then the stronger the trend in that direction. Also, you will notice a green horizontal line just near these lines. If both lines are above this green line(also called zero line) then the market is in a strong uptrend. If both lines are below the green horizontal line then the market is in a strong downtrend. In uptrends you like to see the yellow above the cyan and both lines above the green(zero line). This indicator validates the breakouts and breakdowns when you enter the market."

In a trend it seems that most moving average systems can catch something...

Guest rliceaga

No, I don't have the .ELD file. It's in the ebook.

But further video research, I found updated information on this auto system.

There is a horizontal bar that auto trails up(buy) and down(sell) trailing stops(dots)that are signified by red dots(sell) and blue dot(buy) on the price bars.

In addition, on an earlier video it showed a slow stochastic in lower pane.

But this has been recently replaced by some type of unlabeled(not shared) oscillator in lower pane, that confirms signals. These auto signals are signified by red and green directional arrows on upper chart. So in the lower panes there are two indicators. MACD and this unknown oscillator. Maybe somebody will recognize this oscillator if they watch the most recent videos. Also added are auto trend lines on these two indicators.

The videos state to only trade in the direction of a long interval(15Min) chart, and use the 3000 tick chart for entries/exit, and follow the trading rules stated. I guess you can add an alert to exit once price meets the exit criteria stated in the trading rules.

I watched many of the posted videos to gather the above information.

Let me know if you can create an .efs file.

Hope this helps.

Guest rliceaga

No, $797. for the ebook that instructs how to auto the setup.

I watched a few of his vids and they were both charts that were marked after the fact. Looks like a stochastic at the bottom that he cherry picks good signals from after the fact...

Is that indicator any good?

A system like that seems like its going to work say 4 times out of 7 and then that one time a reversal happens, you won't get a chance to stop out and you'll get hammered. Plus it's eliminating actual trading skill when you abide by a system like that to make your trades. In other words, it won't make you any better of a trader. It'll probably make you worse...:(

I looked at it last night and saw lots of dangerous setups, no real management, and his videos? Well its pretty easy to say "this signal went +38.75 points to the swing high"... well yea... my signal probably went +30 too, but my METHOD didn't get me all of that, and his didn't either.

Anyone who has to skirt the truth about their methodology to get people to buy it is someone I don't want to learn from.

Stay away from this one. There are better ways to use trendlines.

Yes saw that daytradetowin site also. The major problem I see is that he uses 6 point stops with a 2 point target for most. He does use take off half at 2 points and then the rest at 4 points. No rules that I can determine either. today it looked like he took the signal twice and lost. He does not tell you how long to stay in the que. The signal today was generated early and he still took it at 11:15, about an hour later

I think most traders will tell you that you have to develop your own "system/style". So long story short, don't pay things like this much attention. Take it for what it is, another video to digest, but then move on working on your own theory.

I think most traders will tell you that you have to develop your own "system/style". So long story short, don't pay things like this much attention. Take it for what it is, another video to digest, but then move on working on your own theory.

Wise words right here! :)

I watched a few of his vids and they were both charts that were marked after the fact. Looks like a stochastic at the bottom that he cherry picks good signals from after the fact...

Is that indicator any good?

After the fact is BS to me. Show me real time. Why so many indicators? Give me a TICK chart,Tape, and DOM and ill be just fine :cool: