Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

metalhead

Adaptive Moving Average (AMA)

I recently purchased the JMA (comes with DMX),VEL, and RSX indicators. I find the JMA and RSX to be very beneficial, and VEL a distant third.

JMA is superior to HMA for reasons posted above: the phase element enables control of lag/overshoot. This is critically important.

The RSX is more than and RSI with JMA smoothing (I tried to avoid the expenditure, but could not code anything close).

For a short term trader these indicators can make a very positive difference.

thanks for the reply...I'm just trying to get set up...I'll probably be getting the indicators...but I was thinking of using Multicharts, and they aren't supported on that platform.

Guess I'll check out some others....

thanks again....HF

I recently purchased the JMA (comes with DMX),VEL, and RSX indicators. I find the JMA and RSX to be very beneficial, and VEL a distant third.

JMA is superior to HMA for reasons posted above: the phase element enables control of lag/overshoot. This is critically important.

The RSX is more than and RSI with JMA smoothing (I tried to avoid the expenditure, but could not code anything close).

For a short term trader these indicators can make a very positive difference.

Can you post some screenshots of when these indicators gave good signals and when they gave bad signals? Jurik's webpage doesn't have many examples of various time periods.

Thanks.

I would be glad to. I had a tough morning bowling with the kids, so give me some time.

If you, or anyone else, has a specific equity and time frame the'd like a shot of with the above indicators then let me know.

hi....just wonder what you use for a platform?

I was looking at Multicharts...but it was mentioned to me that Amibroker is good with Jurik..

also look forward to your chart posts.....thanks

I use tradestation and have for the past several years.

This shot will be faily unexciting. The focus is on the 2 JMA's, yellow and cyan/red. I think the JMA is the basis for the value I see in Jurik. Happy to compare vs. HMA,Adaptive,Ema, etc., but that's been done elsewhere.

Again, tell me what you trade and would want to see and I'll do my best.

spy5-10.thumb.jpg.bc446bc159733e04efd39c2f7cda77d1.jpg

next time I'll use bitmap for more detail :)

bitmap file size is too big.

use GIF for charts, the foot print is smaller, and it gives more even coloring.

i.e. less noise/snowflake on the flat background.

i.e. less noise/snowflake on the flat background

Edited by Power555

i.e. less noise/snowflake on the flat background.

Great idea. Could you provide the steps to do this in TS 8.x? I don't see GIF as an option.

Guest Bodhi Dharma Zen

hello all, I just introduced myself in the appropriate thread. I'm very interested in adaptive signals and have read this thread with attention. Can someone upload a graph comparing "normal" moving averages against the adaptive ones?

And I also would like to know if someone has an automated trading strategy using this indicator?