Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wasp

Live FX Trades

Well in the end I should have stayed short as the next candle confirmed it but that prior one still said long to me. Once broken 212.20 though it was an easy clear run to 210.66 for sure.

Unlucky cowpip, what made you go long there?

Short from 212.08 in the end (as visable on the chart)

closed short @ 210.93 for +115

long from @ 210.99

Well in the end I should have stayed short as the next candle confirmed it but that prior one still said long to me. Once broken 212.20 though it was an easy clear run to 210.66 for sure.

Unlucky cowpip, what made you go long there?

No kidding. Sheesh... I couldn't wait for that last 4-hour candle to form before hitting the hay, and I must have been too tired to act properly. It was screaming short at me. Sigh...

I'm glad you finally nailed the direction right.

Note to self (again): Don't make decisions when you're tired.

I'm long from 110.74 following the hammer on the 15-min rejection at support. There has been some nice buying down here during the last few hours. Let's see if it continues.

No kidding. Sheesh... I couldn't wait for that last 4-hour candle to form before hitting the hay, and I must have been too tired to act properly. It was screaming short at me. Sigh...

I'm glad you finally nailed the direction right.

Note to self (again): Don't make decisions when you're tired.

lol! That's why I have my way of trading so simple its a case of yes or no and no major decisions need to be made. I just need to remember to look at the right bleedin charts!

Wasp, what is the purpose of your short horizontal lines in your charts? They're obvious S/R, but I can't figure out why they're not long lines as well.

Edit: Oh crap - there I go again. This probably should have been posted in the other thread. Sorry about that.

Edited by cowpip

Wasp, what is the purpose of your short horizontal lines in your charts? They're obvious S/R, but I can't figure out why they're not long lines as well.

Edit: Oh crap - there I go again. This probably should have been posted in the other thread. Sorry about that.

No problems but, on the other thread, can you tell me what exactly you mean? If its the short S/R (not all way across screen, they are just there for information, I don't use them to base decisions).

Closed my long for +43 and now short at 211.25. Stop at 211.68. Why? Seemed like a decent place to reverse at the short-term resistance zone following that rejection off of the 61% fib. Trend is still down, and consolidation is likely to occur, so I'm trying to play the waves. If my stop is hit, that'll signal a decent change in trend.

Ok, let's try this one more time from a slightly better location... short from 211.47, stop at 68.

This has been a butch of a ride... moved stop up to 92 to avoid FOMC news spike and associated "noise." Still short from 47.

closed short @ 210.93 for +115

long from @ 210.99

cheers cowpip :)

closed long @ 212.00 for +101

short order in ready at 211.95 (in case I fall asleep!)

I neglected to mention I scratched for -21 and I'm short again from 212.04. What I thought would be resistance around 211.60 (roughly the 61% fib) was too weak. Should have known.

cheers cowpip :)

closed long @ 212.00 for +101

short order in ready at 211.95 (in case I fall asleep!)

Out for -50

Long @ 212.45

If this market doesn't start picking up I will be taking a break again. This isn't worth getting out of bed for.

I neglected to mention I scratched for -21 and I'm short again from 212.04. What I thought would be resistance around 211.60 (roughly the 61% fib) was too weak. Should have known.

Agreed. I'm out at -40 and long at 212.31.

Edited by wasp

I don't like what I'm seeing. Price has been strongly rejected when above 20 and is now being resisted below 20... I've scratched (AGAIN!) for -23 and am short at 212.09.

Staying long myself, the resistance met can be seen on a 15 minute chart quite clearly but I am sticking with the larger view and think we will be heading up again personally.

daily.gif.33d3402b099cd70ede6481f8c6cce044.gif

Staying long myself, the resistance met can be seen on a 15 minute chart quite clearly but I am sticking with the larger view and think we will be heading up again personally.

Failure to break the 30-min inside bar would confirm your thinking.