Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wasp

Live FX Trades

Closed for -10, reversing back to short at 212.82... It's having problems going higher, although I recognize the risk given the double-bottom on the faster frames.

Closed for -10, reversing back to short at 212.82... It's having problems going higher, although I recognize the risk given the double-bottom on the faster frames.

Weee... look at me... I'm a yo-yo!

I've moved my S/R line slightly (from 96 to 76). It seems to fit better, which places the 4-hour candle close inside the band and therefore justifies a move higher? ... Closed short for -14 and long now from 96. Last time I'm switching... it's either do or die.

Talk about drunk driving! Sheesh...

Weee... look at me... I'm a yo-yo!

I've moved my S/R line slightly (from 96 to 76). It seems to fit better, which places the 4-hour candle close inside the band and therefore justifies a move higher? ... Closed short for -14 and long now from 96. Last time I'm switching... it's either do or die.

Talk about drunk driving! Sheesh...

Closed -25. Short from 212.71. :angry::angry:

Its been an, err, interesting week so far... Certainly a lot more trades than usual and the winners definitely are not beating the losers to the extent I like :angry:

-30 +100 +30 -20 -10 +115 +101 -50 -40 +49 -60 +44 +42 -28

Still, +243 at the moment... :(;)

I'm concerned that GJ is exhausted. GBP (on cable) has moved VERY far (some of which is US dollar based). EUR has also moved very far and is looking over-extended. I don't think the Yen has depreciated too much. In my opinion, I think EJ has room to rebound. EJ also touched one of my S/R zones.

SO, change of tactics... I've closed GJ for +9 and am going long EJ at 167.76. See if I can ride this back up toward 168.20.

I must be cursed with your strat, Wasp. Kidding... it's just poor placement.

4-hour candle closed below support, so... according to your destructions... closed for -10 on EJ and short at 167.57 (had I been trading my strat, I would have definitely not considered going long in the first place - but I'm learning this new strat... so...).

Its been an, err, interesting week so far... Certainly a lot more trades than usual and the winners definitely are not beating the losers to the extent I like :angry:

-30 +100 +30 -20 -10 +115 +101 -50 -40 +49 -60 +44 +42 -28

Still, +243 at the moment... :(;)

Closed at 210.94 for +176

Long @ 211.06

Closed long for +12. Against my 'rules' but, with EJ and EU and cable dropping and the daily TL breaking, I cannot see this getting back up to 212 again. I may be kicking myself by the next candle but going to stand out for now as its Friday lunch and the US open did little.

That's +431 on the week. I feel like I am showing off and massaging my ego posting live so I am going to stop unless everyone would like me to continue.

Back to watching the olympics for now....

Closed my GJ trade for +71 and I'll stay flat now through the weekend. Had this not been a weekend, I would have reversed here and gone short at 211.62 But I'm of the opinion that it's not wise to take an entry this close to the end of the week. Anything could happen during the weekend to change sentiment.

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone!

Wasp... you 'da man! I deeply appreciate the time you've taken to share your thoughts and trades during this week.

Closed long for +12. Against my 'rules' but, with EJ and EU and cable dropping and the daily TL breaking, I cannot see this getting back up to 212 again. I may be kicking myself by the next candle but going to stand out for now as its Friday lunch and the US open did little.

That's +431 on the week. I feel like I am showing off and massaging my ego posting live so I am going to stop unless everyone would like me to continue.

Back to watching the olympics for now....

I don't think it seems that way. I find your "live" posts useful to follow. However, i by no means expect you or anyone to make public or justify your personal trade decisions. So while they are helpful, i''d say - don't feel obliged to post anything.

If posting your live trades is affecting your trading performance for the worse, by being a distraction etc. as could easily be the case, for your own sake i would advise you to stop the posts, and concentrate solely on the "business" of making pips.

Mornin' all,

Few additions and changes and lines updated. Here is my outlook for the week ahead and levels I will be watching. A couple more lines to adapt to all levels played important parts in the last few weeks. Also a template for those curious in a bigger picture.

Sunday and the sun is shining so I am out of here... Catch you all tomorrow.

5aa70e7ab3388_thisweek.thumb.gif.71ee8465e6d500d72a3209c61f05505a.gif

levels.tpl

A messy ride down to 209.50-208.50 is plausible, which logically is everyone's hotzone....

I will be monitoring and placing limits as we enter the said level...

An hourly close below 210.70 would prompt to short this pair...

Closed for +40

Short GJ @ 211.25

I assume you are expecting a close below 210.70 on this 4hr and hence the short. May I ask why if you dont mind please? Its just that we have not had a close below that level for 3 weeks and everytime we do dip below we seem to close above...

Could it be the lower high and lower low closes?

I assume you are expecting a close below 210.70 on this 4hr and hence the short. May I ask why if you dont mind please? Its just that we have not had a close below that level for 3 weeks and everytime we do dip below we seem to close above...

Could it be the lower high and lower low closes?

I see resistance at 211.40 area and as it has now rejected said level twice this morning, I expect a re-test of 210.70 at least, if not the break and close below.

I'm still inclined to think this will rise, Wasp. It has a "rolling over" look and feel to it now. The next hour will be telling.

Inclined to agree at the moment. Far too many buyers at 210.70 to let the sellers take it lower. I think we just need a few more sellers to swap over and join the push up instead.