Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wasp

Live FX Trades

Will be taking longs shortly and I'll try to remember to post but no one else does on my thread :(

I post whatever I do, just don't trade very often.....

In fact, just going long GJ at 208.05 with 75 pip stop and a target circa 213.50

How long you holding this for?

Few days probably, see how quickly it pans out. Moving over to larger TF's mean the targets are further away of course so I won't be posting / trading as often but on this TF, trades are usually 3-4 days.

That wasn't meant about you btw, that Jtrader and Trendie could put fingers to keyboard occasionally too :roll eyes:;)

In fact, just going long GJ at 208.05 with 75 pip stop and a target circa 213.50

Order in to SAR @.....

Closed @ 208.55 for -50

Short GJ @ 208.50

Take profit @ 213.40

Sorry, I mean it will be closed for -50 if it hits the order and I would short after @ 50

Otherwise, If it continues long, I have a limit for 213.40

_____________START OF NEW WEEK______________

bit of a harsh gap down!

Out for +1 and short GJ at 208.00

Edited by wasp
dividing weeks

bit of a harsh gap down!

As i mentioned before on t2w, I have 2 accounts which I trade exactly the same. One I get a 'wage' and the other is run till end of week and take the average. Neither last week were exactly great and both run all week.

Anyhow, this week, the wage account closed for just past target @ 205.80 for +220 and the other still open.

gj.thumb.gif.59ebe1266d06a61dfb37517076a3b66b.gif

As i mentioned before on t2w, I have 2 accounts which I trade exactly the same. One I get a 'wage' and the other is run till end of week and take the average. Neither last week were exactly great and both run all week.

Anyhow, this week, the wage account closed for just past target @ 205.80 for +220 and the other still open.

Nice one mate!

bit of a harsh gap down!

Closed for +250

Order in to buy @ 204.75 with 100 (:shocked:) pip stop.

EDIT: btw - I do not expect, if my order gets filled, to get stopped for even close to -100, its just a safety net so I can sleep peacefully. 240min candle alarms and alerts at points on the way down set just in case so I can act in case of the inevitable!

Edited by wasp

Not best pleased with this area and it stalling here.

Whilst it is important, it statistically gave 4 false signals prior and whilst this time may be correct, I'd really like it to break it and continue up.

Incidentally, if it does hold, it could proceed to become an H&S formation on the 4hr.

hmmm.thumb.gif.1721a1265e2ed820ce7631a81a92097b.gif

hns.thumb.gif.58088ec27c16e4d94d1d7ed137f64161.gif

Arghh, something has come up and going to have to take a couple of days away. :(

'Wage' account closed out for +221

My other account closed out for another +210 so with the +1 and +250 already, equalling +461.

Have a good week all.

...and breakeven stoploss.

Not usual way for me but as I have a healthy return already this week plus dubious about this area anyhow, the 4hr S/R suggests safety and I am cautious today.

Closed for +9. Never traded GJ over NFP and dubious. Shouldn't be I know but still....

That's +600 for the week and I'm calling it a day/week.

Have a good weekend all.

Right never traded currencies before, so just messing around on a sim account with it.

Just applying a bit of a trading know how to it to see what that crack is with this market.

Anyway, know it isn't a live trade, but USD/JPY went long 108.7, and out at 108.12