Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

I am excited, sleep less, still fresh

Hi Doc... How you been my dear Doc ? its been some time since I dont post here... I had been quite busy on some new stuff ¡¡ really great stuff ¡¡ I did encounter even great people that is making a great collaboration on some real cool stuff ¡¡ but I mean cool... do you remember Pyenner ? well great guy ¡¡

My question its about sleep... I dont have any sleep disorder, when I touch pillow zzzzzz nice and nice sleep... now I am sleeping maybe 5 hours per day, wich its not my normal range I used to sleep up to 10 hours normally...

I know I am quite excited with all this new Epiphanys... and its geting me quite busy... on the other hand I feel good , I am fresh... would like to hear your thoughts on this, wich chemical is here changing things and what to expect on the near future... will I get back to my normal 10 hours ? my dad sleeps very little per day (all his life, since kid) , could this be genetic too ? maybe I am growing old jejejej by the way I am 37... also here its about to start spring, climate gets beautifull ¡¡ great nights... well you tell me your thoughts...

By the way I dont know if you already heard about the "Tokyo Gang"... I was thinking If you would accept an invitation ( when time comes ) to our great meeting in Tokyo (all costs payed by the gang)... I really apreciate your non-conditioned inputs on this forum... cheers Walter.

Walter, welcome to my world. I used to sleep 8+ hours a night. I fall asleep as my head hits the pillow. I wake up between 4 and 5 am, no matter what time I go to bed (which is usually 10pm). Started 4 years or so ago.

Scary info James.

Hey Walter,

I see where you're coming from..it is really strange how all of a sudden one day you start sleeping less and feeling fine, and then next thing you know you start requiring more sleep to function..I would definitely be interested to hear what may cause this fluctuation in sleep requirements.

I do have a sleep disorder I think...when in the military, my sleep cycle was pretty much non-existent. I could easily go 24-48 hours with no sleep, and then sometimes I could do 8 on 8 off for weeks at a time...there was really no warning for this type stuff, so no way to prepare or sleep extra in advance...your circadian rhythm goes nuts......It has really messed me up...though honestly, I think its a benefit, because I can go 4-6 hours and feel good...in fact like james_gsx said...sometimes going more than 8 hours makes me feel bad, ironically enough.

Gives me plenty of extra time for trading and studying markets though, so it can't such a bad thing. ha ha ha

Do you get in any exercise Walter? If you exercise regularly you should be sleeping more. I work out around 5 times a week and I need to get 8-10 hours of sleep in so my whole body can recover. Not just my muscles but my central nervous system which also helps me mentally.

Maybe you should start doing some regular exercise to help alleviate stress built up during the day when you trade and then hit the sack for a good sleep.

Sex is also a great form of exercise. I can't function propperly unless I have sex around 5 times a week minimum. Don't want to make this sound seedy or anything but I find that when I have sex I sleep much better and feel revitalised the day after.

Sex is also a great form of exercise. I can't function propperly unless I have sex around 5 times a week minimum. Don't want to make this sound seedy or anything but I find that when I have sex I sleep much better and feel revitalised the day after.

Show Off !! ;)

All us married men think.........Yeh those were the days.:)