Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Playing with the VMAR`s open research

Cheers michaltrade

Looks like Walter is finally going to get some options to chose from, so he will have some head scratching to do.

Walter

The settings in this pic are close to 5min type settings.

I don't know if it will be any good to trade with but it looks really spooky on 1min. Uncanny, whatever...

Spooky.thumb.PNG.abd143fc1a7f1ed52f58c1b48898cf61.PNG

Cheers michaltrade

Looks like Walter is finally going to get some options to chose from, so he will have some head scratching to do.

Walter

The settings in this pic are close to 5min type settings.

I don't know if it will be any good to trade with but it looks really spooky on 1min. Uncanny, whatever...

Nice, nice nice.... what would be the yellow line ?

Thank you Walterw and Pyenner. This is an incredible research to bring out the best of VMA. Please provide more video for "the trading training" and "the humor". I really enjoy both. You are a great teacher and a humorus entertainer!!! :)

Thanks also to Blu-Ray for providing the Tradestation code. Blu-Ray, could you keep up with Pyenner to convert some of his latest indicators to Tradestation?

Thanks Michal... we try at TL to make a relax and enjoyable atmosfere... trading "may be" stressing at some periods, so having this place of fresh interaction is a great blessing... please feel free to interact ¡¡ cheers Walter.

Here goes for TS users:

ADXVMA1Test1

ADXVMA6Test1

ADXVMA_Bemac1

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Thanks Blu-Ray ¡¡ once again the collaboration spirit at TL is reinforced ¡¡

you got a front seat at the "Tokyo Gang" man... cheers Walter.

Thanks Blu-Ray ¡¡ once again the collaboration spirit at TL is reinforced ¡¡

you got a front seat at the "Tokyo Gang" man... cheers Walter.

Cheers Walter, it's good to be part of it.:)

ADXVMA6Test2.mq4

Added some more options for messing with the VI signal going from the adx to the vma.

Cant find a checkbox option in MT4 so you get to type in 0,1 or 2 after "VI_0.VIsq_1.VIsqroot_2" to get these options. Primative huh?

0 gives normal VI

1 gives VI squared, stronger HE

2 gives sq root VI, probably no use...

Also added "zeroVIbelow", range is 0 to 1 and

0 is for normal VI.

0.1 weakens HE, closer laddering, have not done much, probably no use.

These were the settings for a stronger HE than vma3 but do fiddle...

ADX_Bars=4;

WeightDM=4.0; Spreading out the smoothing often works best.

WeightDI=4.0; The value will often be similar to ADX_Bars above.

WeightDX=4.0;

VI_0.VIsq_1.VIsqroot_2=1; 0=normal VI, 1=VI squared Better HEs but lags, 2=VI sq root, weak HEs less lag.

VImax=0.7; 0 to 1, 1=off, <1 for stronger HEs but time and price lag.

zeroVIbelow=0; 0 to 1, 0=off, 0.1 weakens HE, closer laddering?

ChandeEMA=4.0; Usually use similar number to "weights" above

EMA100=100; Set to 1 to get rid of the ema line

ADXVMA6Test2.mq4

Wlater

About vma3 not being smooth enough and vma5Line 3 being really unsmooth.

Agree.

Vma does faster than vma3 ok and slower than vma3 ok but with too much lag, but inbetween seems to have a problem. I suspect it is just telling us the truth, that there is enough chop or volatility to confuse things.

For now the only answer I can think of is to have more than one line like vma3, need to have lines either side as well, faster and slower to compare to.

Maybe cci will work better in this area, don't know yet.

Regards slowdown on XP, there is a way using Task Manager to give a program higher priority but it warns you that it can cause system instability.

I have tried it once, no conclusions yet. But I notice a difference between XP and Vista. On XP MT4 is slow but task manager shows only 5% processor use.

On Vista MT4 goes a lot faster and shows 50% processor use. I am starting to wonder if MS is making mischief slowing down XP. Need to try using higher priority on XP a few more times and see if it helps.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Damn that was fast.

Please tell me TS does Forex.

Then we can bribe Walter with a crate of bananas to shift to TS and save my hair line, endangered species ya know...

Blu-Ray

Damn that was fast.

Please tell me TS does Forex.

Then we can bribe Walter with a crate of bananas to shift to TS and save my hair line, endangered species ya know...

hehehe, yes it does forex :o

Chimp is excited with this new vma`s...

he thought sharing this video

cheers The Chimp.

Walter

When I seen this video, I was thinking you must have trawled through youtube for ages trying to find something like that, also thinking that it was off years ago, so you can imagine my face when I'm watching the tv tonight and that advert comes on......I nearly choked on my beer.:rofl:

Cheers

Blu-Ray

>I nearly choked on my beer....

You do have a nice life Walter...

Comparison of different methods with settings a bit faster than vma5Line3 (not smooth). Looks like Test2 might be improvement on vma5. (VImax=3 in the picture, should have been 1, makes not difference, just confusing, need a beer.)

Whats next, chimp in the tub with candles and champagne?

vma5Line3comparison.thumb.PNG.f1bc5edfac73e6e27e864c76dea45090.PNG

[quote name=PYenner;21513

Whats next' date=' chimp in the tub with candles and champagne?[/quote]

jejejej... that would be totally fantastic ¡¡

here is some playing....

attachment.php?attachmentid=3359&stc=1&d=1192227979

the red line its not any vma, actually a hull 9 representing the bars action (pure noise)... but notice the cyan working as a solid signal line... scalpers haven ¡¡

About TS it would take a lot of bananas to brib the chimp... jejejeje...

you stay cool guys, this vma its really going veeeeeerry nice... cheers Walter.

5aa70e0f58cc3_somecoolvmas.thumb.png.785b5fd25d4abe19802f4001cc76bb8e.png

Ok Ok... now with this new vma bananas I will have an input weekend...

I will probably shop more coffee too jejejeje... thanks Bruce, so far testing previous versions on real time there has not been any ploting problems(diferent plotting from history).... I am finding great timing usages for this ones as specially the 5 min trends being plotted on the 1 min chart (much easy life)...

take it easy Bruce ¡¡ when we have our republic we will install by decree a 30 hour day ¡¡ sun and night, we will invent something jejej... cheers Walter.

Greetings gentlemen,

This thread is the most fun serious endeavor I have encountered. Thank you.

PYenner,

Thank you for sharing your thinking and your hard work. You see very clearly sir.

Walter...most appreciated.

Regards

Thank you for your kind words sundowner.

Mostly it seems like chaos and confusion that I see but with patience persistence and luck, the sunshine sometimes shines through and shows a way ahead.

Regards (and happy banana day) to you.

>>so far testing previous versions on real time there has not been any ploting problems(diferent plotting from history)....

Igorad used a fix for this in vma1.

I try to avoid using it but maybe I understand it enough now to use it if we have to. That fix is a bit like driving at full throttle because the handbrake is on, using the fix slows things down even more and uses more arrays, so its not exactly a desirable fix you know. Its more like papering over a crack instead of fixing the crack.

Walter

Should have told you that the Chande setting seems to produce more lag than the other ema weight settings. When trying to get a good close line I often end up with the Chande setting being a bit smaller than the other weights, often seems to give least lag that way.