Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Playing with the VMAR`s open research

FantailVMA5Turbo

________Minimum____Line 1_______Line 2______Line 3

ADXbars_1__________1 fixed______2 __________3

Weight__1.1________3___________3 __________3

Chande__1.0________1__________1.5__________2

Can also get interesting results with Chande=1 for all lines.

Doesn't do long HEs, the smoothing for that was removed to reduce lag.

The problem with live feed may or may not be fixed, find out tomorrow.

Going to look at CCI "VMA" now.

FantailVMA5Turbo.mq4

Wondering about doing a fantail that attaches to a slow ema of the price.

To do the job that VMA1 on 5 min is doing, but without being dependant on any vma version. So as vma's come and go, the fantail doesn't need to be done over again each time.

CCIVMA1

Again, don't know yet if it will crash with live feed.

User settings are-

CCI_Period = 3;

T3_Period = 8;

b = 0.618;

Yes Walter, it uses Sniper's CCI.

Interesting stuff here Bruce, now I loaded and he resembles a vma on the price pane... can he oscillate up and down from a 0 line on a diferent oscillator pane ?... could this be done ?.... I am so gratefull you are doing this experiment, it was something I had great curiosity to see if it could be done... thanks a lot ¡¡ Walter.

FantailVMA5Turbo

________Minimum____Line 1_______Line 2______Line 3

ADXbars_1__________1 fixed______2 __________3

Weight__1.1________3___________3 __________3

Chande__1.0________1__________1.5__________2

Can also get interesting results with Chande=1 for all lines.

Doesn't do long HEs, the smoothing for that was removed to reduce lag.

The problem with live feed may or may not be fixed, find out tomorrow.

Going to look at CCI "VMA" now.

I will be testing this one on a 5 min chart.... as it is so leading it will be interesting to se her working on a bigger chart... once again thanks Bruce ¡¡ nice job man ¡¡ cheers Walter.

can he oscillate up and down from a 0 line on a diferent oscillator pane ?....

yes.

if you want to get a combined signal from two versions, that might also be done in the one indicator.

CCIVMAsub1

First attempt at a sub-window indicator.

Not very good.

Black bars mean HE.

But need to find a way to turn the white line black as well.

When the white line points towards the zero (centre) line, means HE.

When the white line points AWAY from centre line, means ladder.

Pix may help...

Funny that the sub-window version doesn't crash on live bars.

But yes, CCIVMA1 is crashing on live bars, arghh @#$% MT4.

Same program...:crap:

Dumn ass MT$....:doh::angry::confused:

CCIVMAsub1.mq4

sub.thumb.PNG.0bc4c1a4ea85296c4d6c132bd71be984.PNG

Hi Bruce... I am testing oscillator, but seems to plot exactly the same to fxsnipers one... any idea here ?...

Yes it is the same, it did not need to be modified to give HE.

The only difference is now the black bars show when the HE is happening.

Bruce, is it posible to have a cci that has a signal line that instead of being a simple ma, that could be a vma... cheers Walter.

It would look the same as the price chart (with flat HEs).

Try 4,8 or 5,8 on the CCI's, it might look more sensible.

I am looking at turbo5 ... very interesting overshooting of the pullbacks... when they get to the vma3 normal timing, its clear we already did a shift of direction on the turbo... I think this turbo 5 its the nearest to what I envisioned as a tighter vma for lead timing purposes... it looks nice in combination with vma3...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3198&stc=1&d=1191211325

will see how we can get the best of it... cheers Walter.

5aa70e0b3b703_turbo5.thumb.png.d01ae7f2895003d8ace58868228c01b3.png

Walter

There may be a way of making CCI sub indicator more friendly to look at,

but for the moment its too difficult for me to picture how it needs to be.

There might be options for displaying overbought/underbought CCI differences on the price chart. Needs more head scratching, oops going bald now...

VMA5Turbo has live bar issues, will need to use more arrays to fix that unfortunately.

CCIVMA1 has live bar issues, will code MT4s CCI call manually to fix that.

Walter

There may be a way of making CCI sub indicator more friendly to look at,

but for the moment its too difficult for me to picture how it needs to be.

There might be options for displaying overbought/underbought CCI differences on the price chart. Needs more head scratching, oops going bald now...

VMA5Turbo has live bar issues, will need to use more arrays to fix that unfortunately.

CCIVMA1 has live bar issues, will code MT4s CCI call manually to fix that.

Well in terms of cci I imagined an oscillator with an HE fashion on the oscillator pane... offcourse I really don know if that would be possible and also if it would be usefull...

The turbo 5 I had been testing live today and again yes, it plots diferent on live, you reload the indicators and they re-plot diferent... still is a nice leading line representing price...

Dont scratch too much ¡¡ jejeje cheers Walter.

Well in terms of cci I imagined an oscillator with an HE fashion on the oscillator pane... offcourse I really don know if that would be possible and also if it would be usefull...

The turbo 5 I had been testing live today and again yes, it plots diferent on live, you reload the indicators and they re-plot diferent... still is a nice leading line representing price...

Dont scratch too much ¡¡ jejeje cheers Walter.

There is a lot of different information in the CCI curve, may need different approaches to bring out different things. Yes, hard to say yet what is possible or useful, but it seems to have more going for it than ADX. Better place to start from maybe.

Walter

There is also the possibility of combining two CCI signals that use slightly different speeds (bar counts) to reduce uncertainties that you get from just one cci. Don't know yet.

There is a lot of different information in the CCI curve, may need different approaches to bring out different things. Yes, hard to say yet what is possible or useful, but it seems to have more going for it than ADX. Better place to start from maybe.

Walter

There is also the possibility of combining two CCI signals that use slightly different speeds (bar counts) to reduce uncertainties that you get from just one cci. Don't know yet.

My question is : can we sinthezise a CCI that its data series can be passed by a vma (like a sinthetic h/l/c bar of cci dataseries) and get a new vma of that dataseries... on an oscillator format... dont know if you get me...

My question is : can we sinthezise a CCI that its data series can be passed by a vma (like a sinthetic h/l/c bar of cci dataseries) and get a new vma of that dataseries... on an oscillator format... dont know if you get me...

Walter

Are you asking for a vma of the cci ? Something like this?

attachment.php?attachmentid=3199&stc=1&d=1191245984

ccivma.png.4f14f4cd7c688d3e7028a31ed1704f18.png

Walter

Are you asking for a vma of the cci ? Something like this?

attachment.php?attachmentid=3199&stc=1&d=1191245984

ahahahaaaaa-... the chimp is about to get a cardiac arrest jejeje... YES thats the overall idea ¡¡¡