Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

RedJoker81

What market to focus on for beginners? Stocks or Forex

Hello, I wish to get into trading(maybe day trading).  But my question is what should I focus on learning, stocks(btw I know about the $25000 limit but I don't know if I am going trade that many times a week) or Forex, atm I plan to start with 500-1000$. My background would be that I have taken an economics class in which one part was stocking as we had to play a stock market game for around 3 months. Also if you are wondering I don't plan to start real trading for at least a few months(I Plan to practice with demo accounts first and find a profitable strategy first). Thanks for the help! 

Hi Red, I think starting with forex will teach you to stay calm on the market, which is a big plus in the early stages, so I'd suggest that. Not sure how new you are to the business, but check out Earn2Trade. It could help you at learning as well as an option for funding. Just a way to start off.

RedJoker81,

this question is bizarre... I couldn't possibly make an answer anywhere near bizarre enough... anyways

I think you should look inward instead of outward for answer(s) to this question. Which one are YOU best suited for? 

Totally unconscious about it?  If that's the case,  try both stocks and fx trading at the same time.  You'll find out a lot about yourself and the markets and which auctions you can most readily align with...

Those who look at trading as a creation of self and systems instead of as a problems to be solved have a much better shot at sticking around.

To trade Fx or stocks is a matter of trading capital, stocks are not leveraged where's Forex is, so it is much easyer for a trader with a small trading capital to build up their account trading Fx, with stocks or shares you would have to trade a lot of them to make any reasonable return, and that means you need more money to begin with, but if you are a beginner, then I would suggest Fx anyway as you could trade with micro lot sizes, this will allow you to risk the smallest amount of money when you are learning, don't make the misstake trading a large amount of capital in the begining, as you probably most likely will lose it. I personally blew 4-5 accounts before I got the grips of it, and I thought I could trade each time, obviously I didn't know what I was doing Lol:)

Trading is much harder than any one think. that is why Forex with a microlot accout will probably be best for you

and with a good brooker, very important! make sure they are regulated, or you can risk losing it all to some bucket shop