Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Mini Nikkei Futures?

Does anyone have access to mini Nikkei futures data? Unfortunately Tradestation does not provide this data. I am looking to obtain a snapshot of a weekly, daily, 30min, 5min, and 30min market profile chart (approx 10 days back) of the mini Nikkei. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

IB provides the data but you need to subscribe to the Osaka Securities Exchange for about $10 a month. I don't subscribe any more. I have eSignal 15 minute data is a .csv file for the full-sized Nikkei between 24/10/06 and 15/01/07 if that's any interest to you. The full sized and the mini have practically identical data as they're both electronic contracts.

You can get a week of historical data from IB by downloading their TWS software and using the username edemo and the password demouser. Symbol for mini Nikkei is N225M.

Guest cooter

Good one, nosast. And since futuresource.com is now part of the same company as eSignal, these feeds should be available through them.

Soul, you might want to check with your contact at eSignal, since you have a discount available for us.

That website appears only to have the out-of-hours Nikkei futures offered by the CME and SGX. The only Nikkei contract really worth trading is the one offered by the Osaka Securities Exchange (OSE).

The mini Nikkei traded at the OSE is alot more liquid compared to the Simex. The Simex is handy though to look at market action premarket before the Osaka Exchange opens and during the lunch hours when the OSE halts.

You need to add OSE to your data subscriptions. It's about $10. N225M is the IB symbol for the mini Nikkei. Just google Osaka Securities Exchange for the English website.

Guest cooter

Decent size. Around your YM or ER2 volume, no?

Does anyone have access to mini Nikkei futures data? Unfortunately Tradestation does not provide this data. I am looking to obtain a snapshot of a weekly, daily, 30min, 5min, and 30min market profile chart (approx 10 days back) of the mini Nikkei. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi SoulTrader,

I have been trading the Nikkei225 for a while now. Started with the singapore contract but now use the mini. I'm charting the Singapore contract (because I'm with DTN IQFeed who only offer Singapore for Asian markets) and trading the mini. Works great!

Best regards,

MK

The mini Nikkei traded at the OSE is alot more liquid compared to the Simex. The Simex is handy though to look at market action premarket before the Osaka Exchange opens and during the lunch hours when the OSE halts.

That is true Soultrader, is does about 1/2 of the mini volumes on a daily basis. But you must remember, it is worth 5 times the value....Great points on pre-market trading, very useful indeed.

Best regards,

MK

Hi SoulTrader,

I have been trading the Nikkei225 for a while now. Started with the singapore contract but now use the mini. I'm charting the Singapore contract (because I'm with DTN IQFeed who only offer Singapore for Asian markets) and trading the mini. Works great!

Best regards,

MK

Hi MidKnight..

what is your broker that your trading Nikkei for a while now.?

Could you give me the link ?, or more informations on that broker just like a what kind a trading platform, etc or maybe more others stock indeks available on there?

i'd like to open real acc to trade nikkei indeks, Mini Acc for a while, i'm looking for the broker

Thanks and Regard,

I'm interested in this too.

It looks like the mini nikkei moves in 500 yen tick sizes so thats about 5 bucks USD a point?

Soultrader did you ever get a market profile snapshot? I think if you got the data from IB you could use ninja trader and that MP addon reaver mentioned in his thread in the beginner forum to get the profile.

I guess tradestation is out though if you want to trade the mini?

Maybe IB, multicharts for all the easy language stuff, ninja with the MP addon...I don't know. That much stuff going might get hairy.

I came across this broker in Japan for trading mini nikkei futures. Commissons are dirt cheap. Anyone care to shed light on this? I'm based in Vietnam so instead of trading the US sessions it would be wonderful to keep normal hours and shift my trading to the morning rather than the late late evening.

http://pr.gmo.jp/en/article/20070522_62.html?ref=%2Fen%2F%3Foffset%3D60

I came across this broker in Japan for trading mini nikkei futures. Commissons are dirt cheap. Anyone care to shed light on this? I'm based in Vietnam so instead of trading the US sessions it would be wonderful to keep normal hours and shift my trading to the morning rather than the late late evening.

http://pr.gmo.jp/en/article/20070522_62.html?ref=%2Fen%2F%3Foffset%3D60

Do you know anything about the Nikkei? It is a completely diffferent market if you are used to the US. Also those commision rates are pretty much standard right now, some brokers go as low as 80yen rt. (approx 75 cents)

With the rates shown in the link, you should save the trouble and just open an account with IB. They offer similar rates. Most Japanese firms will be distratrous when trying to communicate in english.

Do you know anything about the Nikkei? It is a completely diffferent market if you are used to the US. Also those commision rates are pretty much standard right now, some brokers go as low as 80yen rt. (approx 75 cents)

With the rates shown in the link, you should save the trouble and just open an account with IB. They offer similar rates. Most Japanese firms will be distratrous when trying to communicate in english.

I'm not sure if you are taking a shot by asking if I know anything about the Nikkei. I'll choose to take the side of diplomacy and say "yes," a thing or two about it =)

The main thing I was interested in knowing was the behavior of the mini futures contract and the rates (which you mentioned already).

"mezarrashi" meo