Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TinGull

Hawkeyetraders.com

Just curious as to if anyone has had dealings with this site? A fellow board member brought it to my attention, and thought it looked interesting from a VSA standpoint. I think eSignal has a Hawkeye indicator system, as does tradestation.

Just an interesting site. :)

I've been using some of the hawkeye indicators for a couple of years. In my opinion, they provide an excellent product & great support if needed. They're quick to respond and very personable. A trading partner of mine attended one of Nigel's training seminars and found it profitable. My nic is hawk but no connection.

The essence of VSA is this:

Looking at Volume, which is activity, and the resulting effects this CHANGE in volume has on spreads and closing price (high, middle, low of bar).

Since volume is activity, tick volume can be used where actual volume is not available.

But take a look at his charts, the volume is constant as he is using tick charts. If there is no change in volume because it is held constant, it can not be VSA. The concept of Relative is essential. Today's period relative to the volume 1 bar prior or two bars prior.

Simply, It may have some value, but it is not VSA.

Nigel had some connection with Tom Williams back in the 80s. I think I met him in London at a VSA software demo. So I guess he knows VSA.

Indeed. I heard (not from Tom but from someone that is quite close) that they had some sort of falling out a way back.

The old Hawkes web site made a brief mention of Charles Drummond, I got the impression at some time he had been influential. Seems latterly he has thrown up Murray Math lines too.

He has put a rigorous methodology together based round a few simple indicators. I kinda chuckle at the indicators because I think I have a good idea of exactly what they all are and where they came from! Personally I think he should sell the methodology and give away the indicators.

I'd like to meet the guy sometime seems that we share some common influences.

The essence of VSA is this:

Looking at Volume, which is activity, and the resulting effects this CHANGE in volume has on spreads and closing price (high, middle, low of bar).

Since volume is activity, tick volume can be used where actual volume is not available.

But take a look at his charts, the volume is constant as he is using tick charts. If there is no change in volume because it is held constant, it can not be VSA. The concept of Relative is essential. Today's period relative to the volume 1 bar prior or two bars prior.

Simply, It may have some value, but it is not VSA.

PP, what charts are you referring to? I downloaded and ran his free volume indicator for Tradestation and it performs as advertised. It even has his voice for audio alerts.

Does anyone have any material written by Charles Drummond and/or that they can share or point me in a direction to find it?

looking for Charles Drummond Advanced P/L and Charles Drummond P/L Labs

I've had the distinct honor of meeting both Gail, Nigel and Harry at three workshop/seminars and have the upmost respect for their professional character, and willingness to assist with the ongoing education of everyone involved.

My first impression of Gail on the chat room was that she showed genuine interest in members and followed up questions and concerns with thorough responses.

Specifically, Gail is always prompt with a response to any questions I may have. Particular examples include:

Showing how indicators work as a daily part of the routine and is thorough and consistent in covering the entry and exit point before and during each trade.

Indicating positives and negatives of trades to find a balance through understanding what constitutes a good or bad trading day.

Alerting you to daily news to stay informed on how it can affect trading.

Approaching trading without emotion, relying on her vast experience and strict adherence to following the rules.

Going out of her way to work with you on targeted issues to get you back on track.

Genuine and sincere, and dedicated to providing the proper tools for individual success.

Over the past 4 years I have paid to attend other chat rooms, however; none of them have provided the level of expertise and personal assistance that I have received from Hawkeye Team. [if any folks need a solid foundation and education to be successful in trading I would highly suggest their trading room... I thank Gail, Nigel and Harry for their commitment toward helping anyone who is serious. Check everything out for yourself, they have nothing to hide and you have everything to gain from Hawkeye indicators and training.. - Dr. PN

Nigel and Tom Williams worked together on VSA in earlies. They had a seperation in their work, but both are friends until today. Both are good in Volume Spread Analysis. I use of both of their indicators. For me If one is not picking other definitely pick. Nigel Combined Momentum, Standard Deviation and chart patterns with Volume that gave me an edge. Thanks for Nigel and Tom!! Great works!

Edited by VSAtrader