Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MadMarketScientist

Day Trading the E-mini Futures with Predictor

Tentatively offering liquidity at 59.25....

----

Wow, our newest order flow tools give us unprecedented insight into the order flow dynamics.. I haven't shared these with the public yet but am very excited. I can't share them until we release (because we have several competitors watching everything we do ). But it's very exciting.. I can see new dynamics in the order flow.

---

Here are a few other things that may be relevant for today's action

Empire State -> Below Exp

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/economic-calendar/

Edited by Predictor

Both the buy and sell algorithms running now are trying to do business around 61.25/61.50... sometimes you'll see an algorithm that waits there too long and apparently has a timer to go to market...

----

Buy programs have started to hit the market... hard for me to execute here though because the its a small range. not much opportunity. They seem to be programmed to go off at random times but they tend to continue buying once they start.

---

Attempting a short off the 63... so far LQ providers have been pulling out... its a 1 shot.

--------

What happens is LQ provider pulls the offer above... then sell program hits... pulls.. sell program hits... or rather sell algorithms.. this is why we can see the market just marching along higher even though there is more aggressive selling

----

See some evidence we may retest lower range still...

Edited by Predictor

Nice work... if you can get it... dfd

---

Absolutely believe that what we've created a superior software for reading the order flow. I look forward to being able to share this after we release. Hopefully it will happen within the next several days...

1466.50 looks like a reasonable short... I can see the LQ providers resetting to this level and it is near our H1 reversal point

----

Bias is short off 66.50. Strong order flow... buy side... need it to reverse here or only take a scalp

---

LQ providers are resetting to 65.25... may get 64ish even

---

OF has turned 1 sided negative.. good sign

Edited by Predictor

LQ providers have pulled to 74.50... will be keen to see what happens around there

----

Consumer confidence at 9.55. If I'm not filled before then may pull... and watch for a better short opportunity on an extreme movement to h1

----

Some demand at 74.50 if we break that then I could target new lows

---

Great entry... not worth the risk of holding through report though. will wait and watch

---

Reshorted.. reading tape updats will be delay

---

Market likely to jump to new low momentarily..

Edited by Predictor

Bias is shift to long at lows... Not an easy day today.. exceeded my profit target nonetheless and DFD. My experience is after exceeding profit goals my risk/reward doesn't increase so I won't be active. There is some opportunity on long side at lows. Very large limit order imbalances on buy side all way down..

Our software gives the me (the discretionary tape reader) a tremendous advantage. The first generation programs that only display the transacted orders are not suitable for the type of precision required in today market.. imho

Still very difficult... today the action was for dropping on buy programs... buy program, drop, buy program, drop. It makes it rather difficult but was able to recognize the pattern early. A lot of sell programs are only programmed to go off on a new high... so as soon as we hit a new high then they push it to a new low.

Edited by Predictor

Keeping in mind H1 is around 78... watching currently but will only take an exceptional opportunity.. unless today turns into a strong trend day then it will be hard to difficult to exceed h1... about 50k contracts accumulated so far...will watch what type of response to what I expect to be a heavy book in the 78ish region

Offering 77.75..77.5

--

LQ providers pulling to 78.5.. marketing in..

----

seeing some signs HOD is in

Edited by Predictor

Added to short position...

---

Lot of pulling on the bids on the back levels but 94 has been added too... lot of traders were short from 94... when those traders finish covering and if we trade below 94 then we could get a nice run

---

Some short term traders are targeting the 92.50... lq provider has reset to just below 92...

Edited by Predictor

HFT traders shorting at market in front of order book imbalances on the offer side...

will let any buyers take me out

----

theres been a hidden seller working below the 94.50 will attempt to exit rest of long more aggressively

Edited by Predictor