Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MadMarketScientist

Day Trading the E-mini Futures with Predictor

One of the tricks liquidity providers will use to make it appear there is activity is pull bids and offers slightly off market to attract trade... often we get a little move higher and then a drive lower

Today rare day where I exceeded my profit target and swung to a loss. The market really changed when we retested 14.25. The herd got short into a larger traders replenishing bid. Still at that time, I was doing quite well. I think one of my anticipations was that a lot of inventory was taken out at 13 and the the dominant trader was still short biased. I notice I have to be very careful when crowd catches on because they usually muck things up.

Still the problem was at end of day, I got a bit greedy and was a bit slow footed. I always tell the (few traders) I've trained to be ready to act in worst situation to prevent it from getting even worse. Its usually a warning when I can't get my limits filled on multiple retests.

---

Home - OrderFlowDashPro

Many HFT bots in futures are programmed to market in orders in front of order book imbalances. At times, this can make it difficult to get a limit order order filled. I can see this very easily using AlphaReveal. However, the larger speculators will tend to get their limits filled eventually as they are a stronger hands player.

Below order book imbalances often rest stops which helps the market to trend a bit.. Some people talk about liquidity but they don't stop to think who is providing liquidity to shorts or longs? These HFT bots go to market in front of these imbalances preventing slower traders from getting their limits filled and then they dump into them when they are able to detect the market shifting.

At any rate... good day and done for day. Some buying coming in at this 17ish level

Thread cleaned - please be respectful of other people's threads. If you do not like the content on it, please ignore it. If you still want to discuss this, head over to the newly created thread: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/e-mini-futures-trading-laboratory/15718-debate-predictors-emini-thread.html

Offending and rude posts will be deleted

thx

MMS

Wrong on that one... difficult day today started off well.. ended poorly

---

I'm thinking that the liquidity providers may start pull from market if this slide continues... HFT bots don't have anyone else to lean on

Edited by Predictor