Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

[Simple Price Action With Supply and Demand]

Superb trading Soul ¡¡ , want to ask what are your settings (filter) for the heavier right hand tape.... very nice stuff here Soul, learning very powerfull strategy here cheers Walter.

Notice how the premarket resistance was at 12300? Price tested it multiple times and we saw sell volume at that level. The lower range was the value low pivot indicated by the red dotted line. Did I say multi-pivot?

hey Soul,

great video-- i have been using this supply demand idea a lot recently. one question, how do you differentiate short covering from new buyers? are there certain price targets or levels that short sellers would look for? thanks!

hey Soul,

great video-- i have been using this supply demand idea a lot recently. one question, how do you differentiate short covering from new buyers? are there certain price targets or levels that short sellers would look for? thanks!

Its not exact science but I tend to memorize the lot sizes and the approx big lot traders that came across the tape on the decline. I am also looking to see orders getting hit at the ask towards the end of an decline or around a key support level. This will be the first sign of short covering. You will then see people scattering to cover as the tape which as all getting hit at the bid now is getting hit at the ask.

This takes time and experience to feel the tape and to recognize such behavior. Also ask yourself, if you were short from above where would you most likely cover?

I imagine this technique would be best suited to one who was focusing on a specific market, as appropriate lot sizes for each category would vary significantly with each market...ie a large lot size in the S&P 500 has a very different definition than in, say Corn.

Good info James.