Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Xiao si

Learning Easy Language

Fair enough too, you seem beyond the need for enlightenment regarding the benefit of systematic trading anyway.

Perhaps I'll find a thread on books a do a quick review there for those that may benefit from such a publication.

Cheers,

XS

You might find the Art Collins book "Beating the Financial Futures Markets" (why do they always have such horrendously crass titles!?!?) useful. It covers system development in a simple and practical way, giving EL code for about fifty strategies.

Despite the fact that the author's approach is very different to my own (he builds systems in which momentum is the primary focus), I still found it very beneficial reading.

Bluehorseshoe

You might find the Art Collins book "Beating the Financial Futures Markets" (why do they always have such horrendously crass titles!?!?) useful. It covers system development in a simple and practical way, giving EL code for about fifty strategies.

Despite the fact that the author's approach is very different to my own (he builds systems in which momentum is the primary focus), I still found it very beneficial reading.

Bluehorseshoe

Excellent I'll have a look on Amazon.

XS

I have a code for easy language. I think it was one program that is just a little differnt than tradestation's . I will post it and if any one can help would appreciate it. MACDBB

Thanks

inputs:

FastLen( 12),

SlowLen( 26),

Length( 10 ),

StDv(1);

VARS:

BB_Macd(0),

Avg(0),

SDev(0),

Upper_band(0),

Lower_band(0);

BB_Macd= MACD( Close, FastLen, SlowLen ) ;

Avg =xAverage(BB_Macd,Length);

SDev = StdDev( BB_Macd, Length ) ;

Upper_Band = Avg + StDv * SDev ;

Lower_Band = Avg - StDv * SDev ;

Plot1(BB_Macd);

Plot2(Upper_Band);

Plot3(Lower_Band

I have a code for easy language. I think it was one program that is just a little differnt than tradestation's . I will post it and if any one can help would appreciate it. MACDBB

Thanks

inputs:

FastLen( 12),

SlowLen( 26),

Length( 10 ),

StDv(1);

VARS:

BB_Macd(0),

Avg(0),

SDev(0),

Upper_band(0),

Lower_band(0);

BB_Macd= MACD( Close, FastLen, SlowLen ) ;

Avg =xAverage(BB_Macd,Length);

SDev = StdDev( BB_Macd, Length ) ;

Upper_Band = Avg + StDv * SDev ;

Lower_Band = Avg - StDv * SDev ;

Plot1(BB_Macd);

Plot2(Upper_Band);

Plot3(Lower_Band

I am consulting the crystal ball to see if it can read your mind... will be back once connection is made.

Tams

I am tring to get it to work, a friend of mine sent in an email

The description has X', or ") expected' here. line 23 type Error (#175)

I do not know enough about easy language. I'm 71 years old and do not think that I will live long enough to learn it.

Thanks

Marty

Tams

I am tring to get it to work, a friend of mine sent in an email

The description has X', or ") expected' here. line 23 type Error (#175)

I do not know enough about easy language. I'm 71 years old and do not think that I will live long enough to learn it.

Thanks

Marty

you can copy and paste the error message here.

Thanks for your time IO went over it a few times and the last line it was missin ); and when I put it in it worked .. I din't know I knew that much about EL No I think it was just DUMB luck..

I want to thank you again for your help and the time you spent on it.

Thanks

Marty