Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mohsinqureshii

Gold Bullish or Bearish

The trend is down, so I would stay short. Good trend following strategies have been short from 1,600 to 1,700 range. 1,425 is likely first place some systems will start covering. If this reverses, it won't happen very quickly. If you want to go long, be patient and wait for a good set up, such as a double bottom. Just my two cents

For all the guyzz who are Bearish on Gold can remain bearish, atleast thats what HSBC is saying. The Investment bank this week further downgraded Gold upon the less than expected demand and predicting it'll end 2013 at a further 10% decrease in its price. 2013 may prove to be an all-bearish year for gold.

For all the guyzz who are Bearish on Gold can remain bearish, atleast thats what HSBC is saying. The Investment bank this week further downgraded Gold upon the less than expected demand and predicting it'll end 2013 at a further 10% decrease in its price. 2013 may prove to be an all-bearish year for gold.
that is exactly what they want the sheeple to think. IMO one better hold to their gold stash if they have any as they are making haste to part all gold holders from their gold...ever wonder why?

that is exactly what they want the sheeple to think. IMO one better hold to their gold stash if they have any as they are making haste to part all gold holders from their gold...ever wonder why?

The want to take the gold and melt it into guns to shoot unarmed civilians.

I think I am learning the way you think.

The want to take the gold and melt it into guns to shoot unarmed civilians.

I think I am learning the way you think.

no they want to make golden golf clubs so self defence experts like you can be in style.

As regards the way i think i told Suntrader SOON the indices would plunge. They did shortly thereafter. As soon as the gold is in the correct hands the manipulation ends and PM will rise and mostly likely rise fast...just watch and see you little mouse :rofl: :rofl: :helloooo:

When that happens you better hope you have your golden golf clubs....

I'm in a jolly mood..... I've got a plan.

I took my stock broker friend's cash on the golf course this morning.And he is a 2 handicap... good.

So he told me I was an idiot for looking at Astro trading ... Horses for courses...

Heres how I read the coming week.

Interest rates are rising and QE3 ending has spooked the big boys.

The sell off has started.........S & P down on Friday

Maybe even a crash on Tuesday/ Wednesday

And its FULL MOON .... markets weaken

So I will short my ALSI 40 and look for a 5 % drop. That applies to the DOW as well.

And if stocks fall , Gold will rise.

But the Gold trend is down so I will sit out next week unless the price can close above the short term MA.... thats about 1306.Thats for a quck BUY .. I remain a gold bear.

And to crown it all, Mercury goes retrograde on Wednesday.

Backup your computer ,fill your car with petrol and make sure all communications are clear.

Prepare for BAD times. Gold traders tighten stops .

regards

bobc

PS. Relax Patuca

tis called propaganda...or lead the sheeple down our path...or screw the sheeple..or we gotta have their gold so lets shake and bake....any above fit the senario...

Cap bob not sure i "see" the astro trading stuff...sounding kinda of like a thin veneer of ole WD?...

Mits could tell us if rotation is about to happen...where are't thou mits.. Did the rotation theory burn in the plunge or are thou simply on the sidelines ...waiting for the next rotation..or was the plunge " THE rotation"?

Db with his boxes could tell us where the next box is but he won't because he requires all to do their own research....

Mr horseshoe is probally busy furiously compiling stats..while Zdo is ..well zzz...zzz... As he observes the aftermath.

Taylor well..he is dead (probally)...and wind bag WHY? ran out of air and is desperately searching for his second wind..

Cap bob is busy buying horses...

Patuca..well ...few listen to him...less like..him...some may detest him...but HE DOESNT CARE..it all dust in the wind..

For a deeper understanding please listen to

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tH2w6Oxx0kQ&feature=relmfu]Kansas - Dust In The Wind - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks

Edited by Patuca

I was being nice capt bob ....i told everyone the plunge was about to happen..none listened to me..and they could have profited..nicely....but instead they will have to settle eating at mcdonalds instead of the steak house...a used car instead of a new one......a boat with a paddle intead of one with a motor.

BTW was your horse a new one? :rofl:

I do not know what happened to mitsubishi. Did price rotate to hard for him?

Should i start charging for my predictions? Maybe folks would appreciate them more....

I was being nice capt bob ....i told everyone the plunge was about to happen..none listened to me..and they could have profited..nicely....but instead they will have to settle eating at mcdonalds instead of the steak house...a used car instead of a new one......a boat with a paddle intead of one with a motor.

Should i start charging for my predictions? Maybe folks would appreciate them more....

Hi Patuca

We were all short long before you told us about the plunge which I dont remember you ever telling us in the first place.

Now I have no Gold position ,:missy: so I would welcome your prediction,:confused: and if its a good prediction ,:roll eyes: and I make some money, then I will chip in for an engine for your cigerette boat;)

regards

bobc

Hi Patuca

We were all short long before you told us about the plunge which I dont remember you ever telling us in the first place.

Now I have no Gold position ,:missy: so I would welcome your prediction,:confused: and if its a good prediction ,:roll eyes: and I make some money, then I will chip in for an engine for your cigerette boat;)

regards

bobc

1) post 493 and 506of this thread.

2) Also post 3 and 5 of the following thread made on 12 and 13 of june respectively

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/candlestick-corner/16615-help-pattern.html#post181678

3) post 18 of this thread http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/trading-markets/16512-best-time-day-trade.html

4) I also made some new predictions today for QE and the future price of gold on this thread post #7 below.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/market-analysis/16697-will-gold-prices-double-five-years.html

Edited by Patuca

It is hard to pay for or listen to a prediction of a "plunge" in the S&P when the same person is calling for a rise in Gold when Gold has been falling steadily for the last 2 years and continues to fall.

The S&P did not "Plunge". it is down about 7% or so from an all time high. The Bull market in the S&P is very much intact and will likely go on to make higher highs before the end of 2013.

On the other hand, gold is in a really nice move down and decent profits can be made if you stay on the right side of it. The right side is short.

A failing of the majority is to constantly try to call a top or a bottom. A gross misinterpretation of buy low and sell high.

It is hard to pay for or listen to a prediction of a "plunge" in the S&P when the same person is calling for a rise in Gold when Gold has been falling steadily for the last 2 years and continues to fall.

The S&P did not "Plunge". it is down about 7% or so from an all time high. The Bull market in the S&P is very much intact and will likely go on to make higher highs before the end of 2013.

On the other hand, gold is in a really nice move down and decent profits can be made if you stay on the right side of it. The right side is short.

A failing of the majority is to constantly try to call a top or a bottom. A gross misinterpretation of buy low and sell high.

i guess it depends on ones perspective. My prediction on the indices heading south was from a short term traders point of view. I would consider (from the time i made the prediction) an over 800 point drop in the dow and an aprox 96 point drop in the s&p a bit of a plunge from the short term perspective. Apparently the news does also...maybe you don't? This prediction was based on an expanding triangle pattern that indicated a mtr. While the slide south already qualifies as a plunge from the short term perspective it could play out alot more and even become a plunge from a long term perspective. The expanding triangle pattern certainly carries that implication also.

Gold on the other hand i was referring to from the long term perspective. While i consider it bullish, it is presently in a correction. Regardless of what the fed is presently feeding the public even if they stop Qe they will soon start it back up ...bigger...that is when gold will ome out of the correction and advance upward.

image.thumb.jpg.4241c2056e91a9a3ae4839ec78345344.jpg

Sorry Patuca

I thought you were predicting a plunge in Gold. Now I read it was the S & P . :doh:

Have you finished with that S&P plunge?

All members.... do not short the S & P.

The Bond market has collapsed and the money has to go somewhere.

And the Bond market is 100 times (guess) bigger than the S & P, so thats a lot of money looking for a home.

And that will weaken GOLD.

Tomorrow the Lunar cycle starts turning positive.

Time to get back in ?????? :confused:

All those traders who stayed short in Gold ..... you are better traders than me.

I must pay attention, I must pay attention, I must pa...............................:crap:

regards

bobc

Sorry Patuca

I thought you were predicting a plunge in Gold. Now I read it was the S & P . :doh:

All members.... do not short the S & P.

The Bond market has collapsed and the money has to go somewhere.

And the Bond market is 100 times (guess) bigger than the S & P, so thats a lot of money looking for a home.

And that will weaken GOLD.

Tomorrow the Lunar cycle starts turning positive.

Time to get back in ?????? :confused:

All those traders who stayed short in Gold ..... you are better traders than me.

I must pay attention, I must pay attention, I must pa...............................:crap:

regards

bobc

much of it is going in the dollar

No... Odds favor the plunge to continue...if so i would be johnny on the spot shorting the index...do not understand solar and lunar cycles...etc...

PS folks should read my posts carefully..predictions can be hidden there:haha:

i guess it depends on ones perspective. My prediction on the indices heading south was from a short term traders point of view. I would consider (from the time i made the prediction) an over 800 point drop in the dow and an aprox 96 point drop in the s&p a bit of a plunge from the short term perspective. Apparently the news does also...maybe you don't? This prediction was based on an expanding triangle pattern that indicated a mtr. While the slide south already qualifies as a plunge from the short term perspective it could play out alot more and even become a plunge from a long term perspective. The expanding triangle pattern certainly carries that implication also.

Gold on the other hand i was referring to from the long term perspective. While i consider it bullish, it is presently in a correction. Regardless of what the fed is presently feeding the public even if they stop Qe they will soon start it back up ...bigger...that is when gold will ome out of the correction and advance upward.

If you got long the S&P and were late to the party, then you took a loss or broke even. It was getting sort of crowded. If you were long from early in the year, you are fine. I don't make predictions, but i do think it is going to continue higher. We have a very rare scenario when you consider earnings, interest rates, and inflation. It is hard to make sense of a scenario where i rates are increasing, inflation is falling or stagnant, and earnings are stagnant or increasing. I suggest that it makes the most sense to buy dips and continue long in the S&P until the Bull Market ends. No sense in trying to call a top. I do not ascribe to any chart patterns, moon phases, etc. If you looked to the far left of the chart, you'd find plenty expanding triangles that failed. I can't trade expecting a triangle to form.

If you got long the S&P and were late to the party, then you took a loss or broke even. It was getting sort of crowded. If you were long from early in the year, you are fine. I don't make predictions, but i do think it is going to continue higher. We have a very rare scenario when you consider earnings, interest rates, and inflation. It is hard to make sense of a scenario where i rates are increasing, inflation is falling or stagnant, and earnings are stagnant or increasing. I suggest that it makes the most sense to buy dips and continue long in the S&P until the Bull Market ends. No sense in trying to call a top. I do not ascribe to any chart patterns, moon phases, etc. If you looked to the far left of the chart, you'd find plenty expanding triangles that failed. I can't trade expecting a triangle to form.
i guess whatever floats your boat...i can show lots of charts patterns that work plenty enough to make money in the markets. You obviousley use at least one..trends:rofl: :rofl:

PS within a month or two we will know if the longer term bull run in indices is over...probabilities favor it to be over at least for a while...but i could be wrong...just saying, i think all things considered a further decline is probable. And imo opinion it was already a plunge from the short term perspective.

i guess whatever floats your boat...i can show lots of charts patterns that work plenty enough to make money in the markets. You obviousley use at least one..trends:rofl: :rofl:

PS within a month or two we will know if the longer term bull run in indices is over...probabilities favor it to be over at least for a while...but i could be wrong...just saying, i think all things considered a further decline is probable. And imo opinion it was already a plunge from the short term perspective.

I would guess a gap fill. I won't bet it but I will guess it. Even if it fill the gap, is the bull over?

Gold can't go lower :roll eyes: because

A) Big jewelry purchases in India

B) Fed keeps printing money

C) China is stashing their new wealth in bullion

D) Central banks everywhere are stocking up

E) Fiat money always loses in the end.

Someone forgot to tell all those that are selling.

1255 do I hear 1255, sold. 1254 do I hear 1254, sold. 1253 .... 1252 ....

LOL you guys got it wrong. Imo it is a great time to buy physical gold..silver..price is great..value will probally soon (within next few months..probally within 6) start heading back up. Imo now is the time to buy...not a time for gloating..you bunch of gloaters LOL. Just remember every dog has its day...P.M., I think, will shine brightly not too long from now and you gloaters shall have a big stopper in your mouth and it will get real quiet on this thread. Except maybe ole Patuca he might just do a little gloating himself LOL...you shall see...you shall see...you shall see..:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

All my b.s. opinion :cool:

Edited by Patuca