Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I failed to see that 06 is Friday's high that it could not break through in globex or RTH, as well as the general area (05) base of support before last Wednesday's break down. Some may be seeing a right shoulder forming no a H&S starting with Friday, with the target being down towards 83-87. Just observations.

I have a light long on can go either way but I think as we head into close if we don't break down then shorts will cover... tight leash:helloooo:

sc 6.75, nxt 09.50..stp b/e @ 404.50 as posted before for entry hatchling...

Edited by roztom

shorted 04.75 ........

bids holding but not enough green delta here for me, looking for a retest of lows

edit: added one at 06, short now 05.25 basis

lol, the moment I wrote about the absence of green, the buying started... :-/

hanging in and managing this manually to avoid getting ticked out before a reversal.

lol, the moment I wrote about the absence of green, the buying started... :-/

hanging in and managing this manually to avoid getting ticked out before a reversal.

I will be stubborn and leave this on and leave as I have an appointment. Incessant buying into the close.... my biggest problem right now, not taking a loss when I should have simply reversed and could have been back at BE on this trade.

I will be stubborn and leave this on and leave as I have an appointment. Incessant buying into the close.... my biggest problem right now, not taking a loss when I should have simply reversed and could have been back at BE on this trade.

You are amazing..I could never leave my desk let alone go to an appt .. I have a jug I keep under the desk in case my bladder gets out of hand...

You are amazing..I could never leave my desk let alone go to an appt .. I have a jug I keep under the desk in case my bladder gets out of hand...

perhaps amazingly foolish, tom! Although I am typing this from my mobile right now, I still have a remote login service that I use to check my home pc. I may leave the lady at home, but I still callin to check on her ;)

perhaps amazingly foolish, tom! Although I am typing this from my mobile right now, I still have a remote login service that I use to check my home pc. I may leave the lady at home, but I still callin to check on her ;)

Wow..As George Carlin used to say, "Hi-Tech sh*^."

Just checked in at home a few minutes ago, and just closed this at 04.50, for a 3 tick gain. How's that for a f-d up R:R? Happy to get out without getting burned.

Down may very well be the direction overnight, but not wanting to play it that way, would rather be flat.

Just checked in at home a few minutes ago, and just closed this at 04.50, for a 3 tick gain. How's that for a f-d up R:R? Happy to get out without getting burned.

Down may very well be the direction overnight, but not wanting to play it that way, would rather be flat.

You were handed a "gift." The trading Gods smiled upon you...

In my book, that's called a wash (a wash+), not a gain. You had to jump to a larger fractal to get the wash but you got it nonetheless.

You and I apparently play on the same intraday fractal in the ES. The timing of your initial entry was poor, which is why you had little opportunity for a wash and you chose to add on and lower your cost basis, a point of emphasis in your post.

I had read the sentiment the same as you - short - but I read the operating point at that time to be a nondom L2R traverse after a VE of the channel on the preceding dominant traverse and was anticipating a resumption trade at the RTL. The L2R turned into a bo of the channel and the fact that it was so near the end of RTH had me closing shop before the close.

The environment so far this year hasn't been conducive to strong continuation moves at the close, and the day ending on a bo of the short channel put the final nail in the coffin for everyone expecting a break of yesterday's RTH lo. The daily settled as a pennant, so I anticipate a bo to either start or occur during tomorrow's RTH session.

You were handed a "gift." The trading Gods smiled upon you...

Perhaps Tom, but compare yesterday's buying into the close with Friday the 23rd or last Thursday the 29th. The fed's minutes basically said that they are not going to do QE3 unless economic growth slows back down; and, that a significant outlook change could alter their ZIRP which previously was until late 2014.

The buying at the close was pretty clearly not buying which would be expected to continue through the session. In fact, seeing that 09 was last price traded prior to the news being released, if the market could have made it north of that, it would have been very significant.

A couple of weeks ago (I think) I held a trade overnight, but it was already well into profit. This time, as gosu mentioned, my entry price was poor and thus I was not able to secure a profit before heading to bed, and I value my sleep so I chose to close it close to BE rather than run the risk that the market would test 09 again.

So my point is, while it may have been a gift, there was a reasonable basis for a short market bias, both fundamentally and technically, and while I wish I would have held it overnight for my original targets (01 and 97 IIRC), I'm okay with closing when I did.

Josh and N: : Is IRT leaking your memory out still?

No. I closed a few charts with big vp's on, did database maintenance wizard and turned off a load of pointless crosshairs. I'm sure the first point makes more difference, but a couple of weeks ago I was on 800mb now I'm just over 400mb.

Btw, did you move to the full release at all yet?

Perhaps Tom, but compare yesterday's buying into the close with Friday the 23rd or last Thursday the 29th. The fed's minutes basically said that they are not going to do QE3 unless economic growth slows back down; and, that a significant outlook change could alter their ZIRP which previously was until late 2014.

The buying at the close was pretty clearly not buying which would be expected to continue through the session. In fact, seeing that 09 was last price traded prior to the news being released, if the market could have made it north of that, it would have been very significant.

A couple of weeks ago (I think) I held a trade overnight, but it was already well into profit. This time, as gosu mentioned, my entry price was poor and thus I was not able to secure a profit before heading to bed, and I value my sleep so I chose to close it close to BE rather than run the risk that the market would test 09 again.

So my point is, while it may have been a gift, there was a reasonable basis for a short market bias, both fundamentally and technically, and while I wish I would have held it overnight for my original targets (01 and 97 IIRC), I'm okay with closing when I did.

I concur 100%... I had 9.50 as my tatget for my last long off yest low and stopping @ 09.00 was a bit of a flag but holding overnight is - at least for me - not a manageable risk... In my mind failure to take the previous days low out with paper sitting there was a problem for the shorts which is why I went long down there... just to take advantage of the short covering into the close..

With these downside targets taken I am not sure what to expect since we are @ 50% of typical 20 pt extended range but ACH...

In my book, that's called a wash (a wash+), not a gain. You had to jump to a larger fractal to get the wash but you got it nonetheless.

You and I apparently play on the same intraday fractal in the ES. The timing of your initial entry was poor, which is why you had little opportunity for a wash and you chose to add on and lower your cost basis, a point of emphasis in your post.

Sure, call it a wash. No problem with that. But on the brokerage statement there will be a little + and not a -, and that was my goal here. Yes, poor entry for sure, no doubt about it, though the basis was solid. I was only willing to commit up to a certain amount against the position, or I would have really liked to added again at 09.

I had read the sentiment the same as you - short - but I read the operating point at that time to be a nondom L2R traverse after a VE of the channel on the preceding dominant traverse and was anticipating a resumption trade at the RTL. The L2R turned into a bo of the channel and the fact that it was so near the end of RTH had me closing shop before the close.

Might as well have said gobbeldy goop, this means nothing to me.

and the day ending on a bo of the short channel put the final nail in the coffin for everyone expecting a break of yesterday's RTH lo. The daily settled as a pennant, so I anticipate a bo to either start or occur during tomorrow's RTH session.

Does the overnight activity change that perspective, given that Monday's low has not only been broken, but is now providing resistance above? Or does that not count for you?

Edited by joshdance

So Fed were fluffing their lines over QE3 in the FOMC minutes then? What is Bernanke trying to achieve then I wonder, if he came out after the meeting suggesting QE3? Hmm. Not sure on that one. Looks like the market isn't certain either. Whatever happens, there are a number of great looking areas to watch today. Of course this is as always dependent on where and how we open.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28327&stc=1&d=1333542875

2012-04-04.thumb.jpg.74d247ba5c880bde6406d388194cf087.jpg

Nope, only that one time for me. I consistently sit just below 190MB.

By the end of the day I am over 600Mb and it does crash my computer - especially if I do a playback... not sure what the problem is... I can't imagine I have so much going on that I am sucking the life out of it...

By the end of the day I am over 600Mb and it does crash my computer - especially if I do a playback... not sure what the problem is... I can't imagine I have so much going on that I am sucking the life out of it...

What version are you on now?

What version are you on now?

Final release... it is the same as before... when we discussed it... I raised the memory alarm to 650mb but I am crashing... I can watch the memory climb in task manager..

BTW: I sent an email to Bill Linn. I am hoping I can send them my entire layout so they can see what is going on...

I didn't have any of this until this build...

Final release... it is the same as before... when we discussed it... I raised the memory alarm to 650mb but I am crashing... I can watch the memory climb in task manager..

BTW: I sent an email to Bill Linn. I am hoping I can send them my entire layout so they can see what is going on...

I didn't have any of this until this build...

There is a full release now available which you probably want to consider.

Investor/RT - Quick Download Center version 10.5.1