Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

JLJ

Need to Display Multiple Charts Simultaneously

Anyone know of an internet service that will let me display about a dozen charts at the same time? I trade stocks and a few ETFs, I do a few hundred trades a year. I've been happy with Fidelity as my broker - among many plusses, their Active Trader Pro lets you display as many charts simultaneously as you want.

But I just received some bad news. I have to move my account to Merrill (I'm married to a Bank of America employee) - I asked for an exception and was denied. Merrill's trading portal, if that's the word, looks pretty lame. Among its many limitations, you can only display one chart at a time! Sheesh. (It will display a list of tickers and current prices, but I want charts.)

The way I work, I always have at least 10 charts open at the same time so I can monitor my positions and also keep an eye on stocks I migth want to buy.

Can anyone recommend a service that will let me display about a dozen charts at the same time? I'll have that open on one screen while I trade on the other machine.

Thanks for any input, guys.

(P.S. - This whole thing is ridiculous because Merrill already requires I give them my Fidelity account number and I know for certain they're been monitoring all my trades for a while. If a Merrill analyst up or downgrades a stock I can't buy or sell it for 24 hours, even it it's been public knowledge since 9 am. I have to ask my spouse before every blasted trade I want to make so he can check their 'restricted' list. That should be enough for them, but it's not. It's absolutely infuriating. I strongly doubt this is really about compliance with the SEC in terms of preventing insider trading. Merrill and BoA has hundreds of thousands of employees and if you add in their spouses, that adds up to an enormous number of new brokerage customers for Merrill. Incredibly, Merrill's trading software doesn't even prevent an employee or spouse from making a prohibited trade - don't tell me they can't figure out how to add that functionality.)

JLJ

TDAmeritrade's TOS [think or swim] platform allows you to open as many individual charts as you wish OR layout up to 28 charts on one screen if you like. This 5min video demonstrates this optional setup. thinkorswim flash demos Open a cash account or papertrade. It's up to you. good luck