Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Traders Laboratory Forex Trading Contest!

Thanks for that info Obsidian !

You can now sign up for the November Contest.

I guess November will be a 1 month contest. For Dec we will try a 2 month. December and January. This will also compensate for the holidays a bit.

Think nothing of it - it was a pleasure :cool:

I think this is the correct link for the contest. I signed up. In the future, it would be nice to link directly to the contest. Like this:

TL Nov 2012 contest registration Oanda

I think this is the correct link for the contest. I signed up. In the future, it would be nice to link directly to the contest. Like this:

TL Nov 2012 contest registration Oanda

You're a very hard man to please, 4EverMaAT.

You said:

These steps should be such that if everyone follows them, they will be

fully registered for the contest. I have not seen one post that was clear about exactly where to sign up.

It should be one link for the contest, and on that webpage, a button that says 'register'.

I do not see this unfortunately.

I've never seen a contest so difficult to sign up for.

So I spent nearly one hour of my time outlining the specific and literal steps for you to follow. No thanks at all.

If you weren't so lazy, you could have quite easily read the instructions in Mystic Forex's post #139 here:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/forex-trading-laboratory/9303-traders-laboratory-forex-trading-contest-5.html

The link you "found" and posted today, is exactly the same one as Mystic Forex posted.

Surprise! Surprise! I put it in the instructions for you as well.

If you ask for help in future, make sure you have done a little reading of the thread first, but don't expect it from me.

Not even a shred of gratitude for the help you have been given!

It was clear from your post that

I've never seen a contest so difficult to sign up for
So you were given the EXACT steps, but then it transpires that all you wanted was for

someone to provide you with a link that was already available!

Next time you ask for assistance, please be certain to appreciate the response.

You're a very hard man to please, 4EverMaAT.

You said:

So I spent nearly one hour of my time outlining the specific and literal steps for you to follow. No thanks at all.

If you weren't so lazy, you could have quite easily read the instructions in Mystic Forex's post #139 here:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/forex-trading-laboratory/9303-traders-laboratory-forex-trading-contest-5.html

The link you "found" and posted today, is exactly the same one as Mystic Forex posted.

Surprise! Surprise! I put it in the instructions for you as well.

If you ask for help in future, make sure you have done a little reading of the thread first, but don't expect it from me.

Not even a shred of gratitude for the help you have been given!

It was clear from your post that So you were given the EXACT steps, but then it transpires that all you wanted was for

someone to provide you with a link that was already available!

Next time you ask for assistance, please be certain to appreciate the response.

I did act a bit hastily, and I apologize for my error. I did actually appreciate the response and detailed steps and I followed them through all the way.

For some reason, when I clicked on all the links from other posts referenced, I kept wondering "Why no direct link to the individual contest?" But even without the direct link, the contest homepage didn't have too many to sort through. I was probably irritated at someone else and took it out here on this post for some reason.

I did act a bit hastily, and I apologize for my error. I did actually appreciate the response and detailed steps and I followed them through all the way.

For some reason, when I clicked on all the links from other posts referenced, I kept wondering "Why no direct link to the individual contest?" But even without the direct link, the contest homepage didn't have too many to sort through. I was probably irritated at someone else and took it out here on this post for some reason.

You might not be the only one who acted a little hastily ... looking back, my own post was less than hospitable towards you.

I take back my words and apologise for the outburst - I have my own irritations which are more to do with being tired than you personally, 4EverMaAT.

Glad you were able to sort it through.

Note:

With Hurricane Sandy expected to make landfall sometime in the next 24 hours, there is a high probability I will lose power ( if it were a trade I would take it ).

I have a generator for electric power but my internet is on phone and cable lines. So, if I am "inactive" for a few days, that is the reason why.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oc29.thumb.jpg.0dc52b08204df175b567896ee3117b93.jpg

Note:

With Hurricane Sandy expected to make landfall sometime in the next 24 hours, there is a high probability I will lose power ( if it were a trade I would take it ).

I have a generator for electric power but my internet is on phone and cable lines. So, if I am "inactive" for a few days, that is the reason why.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope you be safe mate !

The October contest is now closed. Congratulations to OPTIONTIMER The winner.

There is 1 day ( today ) left to join the November contest.

Well done Optiontimer!!

You only made two trades and 15% return. That pays the rent.

I wonder if you would consider telling us how you did it?

kind regards

bobc

Well done Optiontimer!!

You only made two trades and 15% return. That pays the rent.

I wonder if you would consider telling us how you did it?

kind regards

bobc

Thank you, Bob. I already did show how I do it in another thread here at TL:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/trading-psychology/10158-optiontimers-project.html

What I'd like to know is how I am showing a huge max drawdown. I did not have a losing trade this month. When I go back through my activity for the month, I see a low balance of $99,809.21. Before the contest started, I adjusted the balance from 170K +/- to 100K even. This was done before October 1, so that should not have effected the drawdown number. I had a stop loss and profit target associated with each entry order, and the only orders filled according to my activity is entry orders and take profits, so I am a bit baffled by the max drawdown number.

My current balance in the practive account is $115,162.13. Rather than adjust it back to 100K even, I will just use that as my starting balance for the November contest.

attachment.php?attachmentid=32522&stc=1&d=1351710022

5aa7116ed8e0e_OptiontimersOandaPracticeAccount.JPG.4f30a8df50e1745fbce76d0ab3438c85.JPG

I screwed up... Didn't get to approve the last 3 entries in time

Optiontimer, Obsidian, and Kuokam please rejoin the November contest that starts on " November 2nd "

done :cool:

Just re entered the contest.

okay, Sir ?

I screwed up... Didn't get to approve the last 3 entries in time

Optiontimer, Obsidian, and Kuokam please rejoin the November contest that starts on " November 2nd "

Now I don't know what's going on. I know I got optiontimer Obsidian, and kkouman in, but I show now that they were not in time, actually Optiontimer was accepted. Maybe they use a different cutoff time than mid nite EST.

What should we do? start again on Mon the 5th? or give November a break and start our 2 month contest in December? Pipe in folks and let me know what we should do.

Now I don't know what's going on. I know I got optiontimer Obsidian, and kkouman in, but I show now that they were not in time, actually Optiontimer was accepted. Maybe they use a different cutoff time than mid nite EST.

What should we do? start again on Mon the 5th? or give November a break and start our 2 month contest in December? Pipe in folks and let me know what we should do.

if a contest ends on a week day, lets start on next Monday:cool:

Set for Monday Nov 5th.

Go to the current contests ( page 2 ) and join the one that starts Nov 5th.

Sorry for the confusion, I have been doing these for years and can't believe I screwed it up.

I will log in several times over the weekend and approve entries. And 1 last time around 10pm Sunday.

I see "rejected by administrator" on my record. Wonder what it means. I have got some trades on metals rejected and Oanda could not tell me why.

Kuokam, I screwed up the entries...

Look for the contest that starts November 5th. and join that. Sorry for the confusion.

As for Oanda not accepting your Metal trades, I don't know the reason. I see you don't live in the States so CFTC rules should not apply to you.

I just re-signed to the contest

Set for Monday Nov 5th.

Go to the current contests ( page 2 ) and join the one that starts Nov 5th.

Sorry for the confusion, I have been doing these for years and can't believe I screwed it up.

I will log in several times over the weekend and approve entries. And 1 last time around 10pm Sunday.

I suppose restarting the contest is the way to go. Good thing I didn't get the EA started yet.

I signed up for the nov 5th contest. But a small note: there are TWO nov 5th contests by TradersLaboratory. I went for the one that had a user already registered.