Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Traders Laboratory Forex Trading Contest!

The system did it all. I was just lucky, as the pair did not retrace significantly, I always was just 50 pips away. This morning it did and I am out. Now I understand how difficult it is to stay in a winning trade. Wondering how people like Stanley Kroll can stay in a trade for more than a year.

Kuokam!

Sim or no, an impressive performance at both making it and keeping it.

The system did it all. I was just lucky, as the pair did not retrace significantly, I always was just 50 pips away. This morning it did and I am out. Now I understand how difficult it is to stay in a winning trade. Wondering how people like Stanley Kroll can stay in a trade for more than a year.

Luck is, as in all things, a small part of it. But your application and your execution of your system is the greater factor by far.

Kroll did it the same way you did it - patience and discipline.

Great Job, kuokam!

You also greatly inspired, thank you. Ingot also. This contest is becoming my best trading class so far.

I've read something on a course: "it is not about discipline, it is not about solid discipline, it is about rock solid discipline".

We are not paid to trade, we are paid to wait.

Luck is, as in all things, a small part of it. But your application and your execution of your system is the greater factor by far.

Kroll did it the same way you did it - patience and discipline.

Great Job, kuokam!

You also greatly inspired, thank you. Ingot also. This contest is becoming my best trading class so far.

I've read something on a course: "it is not about discipline, it is not about solid discipline, it is about rock solid discipline".

We are not paid to trade, we are paid to wait.

Kuokam - It is very gratifying to see someone get it working in the way you have.

Thank you for sharing the journey.

(ex-King) Ingot :):cool:

I am hoping to use my Oanda MT4 a/c for this contest.

Anyone else already using one?

I am currently having difficulty getting my MT4 a/c registered for the contest. I have contacted Oanda front desk and await their response.

In the meantime... any assistance would be appreciated.

And Kuokam - it's official ... you are the new king - congrats mate - well done - a great display of discipline, and brilliant numbers.

Optiontimer - also very well done - not too shabby :) at all

I am currently having difficulty getting my MT4 a/c registered for the contest. I have contacted Oanda front desk and await their response.

And Kuokam - it's official ... you are the new king - congrats mate - well done - a great display of discipline, and brilliant numbers.

I would like to second that well done

Thanks mate. Your help was, is and will always be appreciated. I cannot progress just with books and internet, I need somebody to tell me what to do actually, not virtually. But I also believe the Turtles could not have learned what they did in 2 weeks just on internet and books. It took real Dennis and Eckhardt in front of them to greatly shorten the learning curve.

I make the pledge to keep your crown clean and your throne warm for when you decide to reclaim it :haha:.

Seriously, I got 2 lessons from you, 1 great and 1 less. The great one: you reminded me not to care about intraday wanderings of price when take position off dailies. It greatly helped keep the so anxious part of me in check .This it is not easy for an accountant who works on a computer all day and has a laptop on his night table, with nobody to care when he wakes up at 3 o'clock to check how Tokyo is doing. :)

The less great lesson was when you said you would remain in that trade that has proved you wrong. For me a losing proposition either way. If the price never comes back, you lose your money right away. If the price comes back and you win, this is an even worse outcome, as you will think you can bypass a cardinal law of trading/investing : cut your losses short, which will soon or later hinder your efforts :2c:.

I also learned what timing means from Optiontimer, after reading his thread twice. My understanding being that the best time is when all your conditions are met, not before, not after, all the conditions.

He also deserves the special mention, as he fantastically came back from a difficult position. I could feel a tiger's hot breath on my neck...

As for the MT4 issue, I was never able to use it with Oanda, it looks so complicated I think I will need some help there as well. I have decided to leave it alone for the time being and draw my charts on another broker's platform.

Thanks mate. Your help was, is and will always be appreciated.

Seriously, I got 2 lessons from you, 1 great and 1 less.

The great one: you reminded me not to care about intraday wanderings of price when take position off dailies.

It greatly helped keep the so anxious part of me in check

The less great lesson was when you said you would remain in that trade that has proved you wrong.

For me a losing proposition either way. If the price never comes back, you lose your money right away.

If the price comes back and you win, this is an even worse outcome, as you will think you can bypass a

cardinal law of trading/investing : cut your losses short, which will soon or later hinder your efforts :2c:.

Thank you Kuokam. That summary has brought home something that I need to look at further ... and I

have mentioned it before ... trade management.

We can continue this in the Discussion thread. I am only getting half (of what I need) correct.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/forex-trading-laboratory/14629-trading-contest-discussion-2.html

I also learned what timing means from Optiontimer, after reading his thread twice.

My understanding being that the best time is when all your conditions are met, not before, not after, all the

conditions.

He also deserves the special mention, as he fantastically came back from a difficult position. I could feel a

tiger's hot breath on my neck...

Yes ... watch him ... he knows how to trade, and with the 2-month contest looming, he will be a force to deal with.

Thankfully people like him are apt to share and assist, and I feel he has given a priceless gift to anyone

willing to follow that thread.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/trading-psychology/10158-optiontimers-project.html

As for the MT4 issue, I was never able to use it with Oanda, it looks so complicated I think I will need some

help there as well. I have decided to leave it alone for the time being and draw my charts on another

broker's platform.

I have always used MT4 - since 2005. But the Oanda version is not slotting in to the contest interface too

easily for me. More on that in the discussion thread, link above.

I would like to say thank you for the graceful way you have acknowledge the things and people that have

assisted you in trading. I am learning from you, OT and others all the time - simply because of the sharing.

I also learned what timing means from Optiontimer, after reading his thread twice.

Congrats Kuokam on great performance and thank you for mentioning that thread.

Also thanks to Ingot for posting the link. Will start reading asap.

Thanks and welcome Tony. I believe you registered on the contest with a different screen name ? I could not find TTony on the membership list.

Congrats Kuokam on great performance and thank you for mentioning that thread.

Also thanks to Ingot for posting the link. Will start reading asap.

Ah, I didn't know I must register with the same username. Registered as "Tony Macaroni" but haven't been approved yet.

I hope it's ok, I'm the only "Tony" registered so far so it's obious that's me.

And the winner is.......... Kuokam !!! An outstanding performance

Bravo! Bravo! Bravissimo!

Next time I'm in Luxembourg, kuokam, dinner is on me ... my bag is packed, and as soon as the Euro goes par to the USD, I'm there!

You are warmly welcome, bro.

May I include a tour of the "route du vin" around Schengen, and a London session open in the program ? waoh !

Now let's just sit tight and watch that euro reach the target :)

Bravo! Bravo! Bravissimo!

Next time I'm in Luxembourg, kuokam, dinner is on me ... my bag is packed, and as soon as the Euro goes par to the USD, I'm there!

Missed the cut for this contest - bit upset with Oanda for not responding to request for assistance (problem with linking MT4 platform to contest).

Directing people to FAQ page and promising "will respond within 1-2 business days" is good enough if you have the time, but even Oanda "Chat" was not able to assist.

See you in February 2013.

Missed the cut for this contest - bit upset with Oanda for not responding to request for assistance (problem with linking MT4 platform to contest).

Directing people to FAQ page and promising "will respond within 1-2 business days" is good enough if you have the time, but even Oanda "Chat" was not able to assist.

I thought the contest didn't start until tomorrow?

Hey Mystic, why not retire this thread and start a new one for this contest?

I thought the contest didn't start until tomorrow?

It's a bit conflicting ... the posting was in this thread:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/forex-trading-laboratory/14629-trading-contest-discussion-2.html

It's Tuesday here (4th December) in Oz.

See posts #23 and #39 and #41

Post #23 says "The start t date will be:Mon. 12/4"

Post #39 says "The next contest starts Dec 1 and runs for 2 months."

Post #41 says " I am in EST so the new contest will start on the evening of Sunday Dec.2"

In Oz ... it is 1107 Australian Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday 4th December 2012 as I type.

I clearly missed the cut ... and Oanda still has not responded to my email, other than a standard automated business response.

It's all cool. Just hoping to road test the MT4 platform for the contest.

It's a bit conflicting ... the posting was in this thread:...See posts #23 and #39 and #41

Post #23 says "The start t date will be:Mon. 12/4"

Post #39 says "The next contest starts Dec 1 and runs for 2 months."

Post #41 says " I am in EST so the new contest will start on the evening of Sunday Dec.2"

Too bad ... it's not the same party without Ingot!

But thanks for the heads up - I had better get trading then, as kuokam has proven to be quite the champion trader! I'm going to see if I can rustle up some early pips ...

Ingot! I thought you were a brother? Now you are abandoning this sick and lame baby antelope to hungry agile cheetahs in the plain :frustrated:.

Pater noster qui est in caelis...