Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Traders Laboratory Forex Trading Contest!

Not the same party at all, a pity.

But don't let one black swan fool you :)

Too bad ... it's not the same party without Ingot!

But thanks for the heads up - I had better get trading then, as kuokam has proven to be quite the champion trader! I'm going to see if I can rustle up some early pips ...

Ingot! I thought you were a brother? Now you are abandoning this sick and lame baby antelope to hungry agile cheetahs in the plain :frustrated:.

Pater noster qui est in caelis...

Prayers will not help you (in trading matters).

And I can not.

You are better to converse directly with God than to waste time on His disciples!

Aides toi et le ciel t'aidera!

No one is more unhappy than I, about missing this contest - it is what I asked for ... and I could have entered using the standard platform. account.

But I didn't want to have 2 entries under different names - that would have been construed as an attempt to cheat. No one wants that to happen.

Anyway - I might trade along with a shadow account myself, once I find out how to access the platform under my other username (that Oanda forced me to register). They will not allow you to operate a MT4 practice account as well as a standard practice account, by using the same username.

It's just how they do it, and I don't think they could have foreseen this.

And the winner is.......... Kuokam !!! An outstanding performance

WOW, Kuokam, Congratulations! What an inspiring performance!

Optiontimer, Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing your tools!

Mysticforex, Thank you for keeping us informed.

Ingot, please post your progress in the discussion thread so we are able to follow also - the party room has expanded :)

Ni dieu ni maître

I no longer have a god to converse with, since I made all them redundant years ago.

Now I have but myself for help, and a few mates, like Ingot.

"You should never put a head above yours, not even my head" Buddha Gotama

Prayers will not help you (in trading matters).

And I can not.

You are better to converse directly with God than to waste time on His disciples!

Aides toi et le ciel t'aidera!

No one is more unhappy than I, about missing this contest - it is what I asked for ... and I could have entered using the standard platform. account.

But I didn't want to have 2 entries under different names - that would have been construed as an attempt to cheat. No one wants that to happen.

Anyway - I might trade along with a shadow account myself, once I find out how to access the platform under my other username (that Oanda forced me to register). They will not allow you to operate a MT4 practice account as well as a standard practice account, by using the same username.

It's just how they do it, and I don't think they could have foreseen this.

Wow! Nico's got it right this time. Well done!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems to me - Holiday Season notwithstanding - that the 2-month contest is working extremely well.

Take care today and Monday - end-of-year squaring of the books for hedge funds and institutions could skew things quite a lot.

Good luck all for the second leg of this.

I have only followed this contest and the previous one - is it pretty normal for Optiontimer to rank highly?

BlueHorseshoe

ps. it's a genuine question to save me trawling the entire thread, not an attempt to antagonize anyone!

I have only followed this contest and the previous one - is it pretty normal for Optiontimer to rank highly?

BlueHorseshoe

ps. it's a genuine question to save me trawling the entire thread, not an attempt to antagonize anyone!

I have usually done ok, but that has come to an end. I just discovered this morning that after I put a trade on yesterday, in my haste to get back to real business, I exited the fxgame without setting my profit limit order or my stop loss. The trade went against me, and without a stop loss what should have been a 2.1% loss has turned into huge loss of all of December's profits and a significant portion of the starting equity. So I will not rank highly at all for the balance of this contest.

Good luck to the other traders!

That is disappointing, OT - however, you have nothing left to prove, imho.

Your consistency is incredible, and I really think if you wanted to, you could come back and street the competition even with the handicap you endured ... unless you have surpassed the DD limit.

Well done, regardless.

I have usually done ok, but that has come to an end. I just discovered this morning that after I put a trade on yesterday, in my haste to get back to real business, I exited the fxgame without setting my profit limit order or my stop loss. The trade went against me, and without a stop loss what should have been a 2.1% loss has turned into huge loss of all of December's profits and a significant portion of the starting equity. So I will not rank highly at all for the balance of this contest.

Good luck to the other traders!

Thanks for your response. Possibly more amazing than your performance is your modesty!

And hard lines on the stop-loss . . .

BlueHorseshoe

Ohh Dear Optiontimer, I am so disappointed for you. Shows that market is ready to take it back any time there is any opportunity - even from the best of us. I would still very much like to find out how a +40% is achieved within such a short time. It is an Amazing accomplishment!

Thank you Optiontimer for your generous sharing.

I agree with Ingot. The contest is only at midpoint.