Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Traders Laboratory Forex Trading Contest!

Friday, August 31 is the last day one can sign up for the contest. I will log on to Oanda on that day at 10:00 PM EDT ( GMT -5 ) to see if there are any last minute contestants.

The contest begins the next trading day ( for me that would be Sun 9/2 at 5:00 PM

So far we have 8 contestants. Are we all agreed on the Draw down rule? Speak up.

This is not MY contest it is OUR contest.

...So far we have 8 contestants. Are we all agreed on the Draw down rule? Speak up.This is not MY contest it is OUR contest.

that seems ok, I mean there is no need to limit people's risk appetite

Friday, August 31 is the last day one can sign up for the contest. I will log on to Oanda on that day at 10:00 PM EDT ( GMT -5 ) to see if there are any last minute contestants.

The contest begins the next trading day ( for me that would be Sun 9/2 at 5:00 PM

So far we have 8 contestants. Are we all agreed on the Draw down rule? Speak up.

This is not MY contest it is OUR contest.

it seems ok to me ;)

My account was not brought back to the 100 000 starting amount and instead continued with the prevailing amount. Am I alone?

I had not opened the account for the competition especially, I already had it

We are officially started. We had 9 entrants but have 1 resignation.

Good Luck to all !!

My account was not brought back to the 100 000 starting amount and instead continued with the prevailing amount. Am I alone?

I had not opened the account for the competition especially, I already had it

No, Kuokam, it does not matter.

My acc was also started with an odd amount because of interest on the $100,000 added over the past days since I opened it.

What DOES matter now, is that you do NOT alter the amount in the acc by adding/subtracting, because the contest is worked out on percentage gains and losses, not $$ gains/losses as such.

Oh, I see. Thanks Ingot

No, Kuokam, it does not matter.

My acc was also started with an odd amount because of interest on the $100,000 added over the past days since I opened it.

What DOES matter now, is that you do NOT alter the amount in the acc by adding/subtracting, because the contest is worked out on percentage gains and losses, not $$ gains/losses as such.

Mystic, I just wanted to post a quick apology for flaking out on the entry to the contest... Ya know, I was really pretty excited about this, but as I started registering I realized that the pressure of trading in a contest right now will be in conflict with my own personal psych work i'm currently focused on with my actual trading.

I'll spare most of the details, but I'm working on eliminating goals, profit targets, expectations, etc....

As I was registering, I realized that I would not be able to trade competitively without thinking about goals, targets, "catching up if I fall behind", "trying to make the most of every opportunity", etc... and these are the exact issues i'm working to eliminating from my own trading!

Probably some time in the future but for now I will have to sit this one out. As much fun as I think it could be, I can't risk getting into something that has a decent chance of becoming somewhat counter productive for my own trading and psych development

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mystic, I just wanted to post a quick apology for flaking out on the entry to the contest... Ya know, I was really pretty excited about this, but as I started registering I realized that the pressure of trading in a contest right now will be in conflict with my own personal psych work i'm currently focused on with my actual trading.

I'll spare most of the details, but I'm working on eliminating goals, profit targets, expectations, etc....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I was registering, I realized that I would not be able to trade competitively without thinking about goals, targets, "catching up if I fall behind", "trying to make the most of every opportunity", etc... and these are the exact issues i'm working to eliminating from my own trading!

Probably some time in the future but for now I will have to sit this one out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completely understand.

I've participated i so many contests I don't give it a second thought. We'll catch you at some future date.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re prev message. I don't know why the quote did that, I tried editing but couldn't get it straight

To all. Please feel free t post any reasons, descriptions of the trades you have taken. It's not mandatory but I am sure a lot of people would find it interesting.

Hi Mysticforex

Are non participants allowed to comment?

bobc

Hi Mysticforex

Are non participants allowed to comment?

bobc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course. Comment or ask questions.