Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Sign in to follow this  
TheNegotiator

Grand Unification Theory of Trading Indicators

Traders, Programmers, Scientists,

Have you ever wondered how the trading universe truly functions? Or how the plethora of trading indicators and styles mesh together to form each market as it is presented to us? Is this the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything or even the holy grail? Well here's your opportunity to discuss or share your thoughts and musings, studies and strategies. This is the Traders Laboratory and we are here to make discoveries and enlighten!!

TheNegotiator.

There are so many indicators used for so many different elements of trading. Some good, some bad. Some used appropriately and some not. Most have some basis however and it's my belief that some measure of credence can be given to anything that a trader(human or not) uses to make decisions to trade.

I personally am an advocate of auction theory and principles of market profile. However, I also integrate price specific volume and delta(aggressive buy-aggressive sell) in my price analysis. I also look and fibonacci retracements and extensions with the day and from strong moves. These methods give me a price framework and context for trading during the day. There are other indicators I like to look at given particular contexts. For example, if a market is or is likely to trend within the specific timeframe I am looking at, I may also incorporate moving averages depending or their ability to demonstrate relevance. Simple but sometimes can be applied very effectively depending on other participants.

That's me for now.

TheNegotiator.