Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

daedalus

Easylanguage Projection of Price Levels...

Simple idea, at least I thought until I tried to code it up.

I am trading range bar charts and I would like to be able to have an indicator that plots the given high and low range of the current bar as it unfolds so that I can correctly place stops without all the mental math.

i.e.... if the bar currently has a 2 tick range from 985-987 and i'm trading a 4 range bar that its going to tell me based off the current range that a new bar will be created at a move to 983, or at a move to 989... get it?

I guess my only question is how can I set a plot in easylanguage to go a set amount of ticks on top of the given price?

I had some examples of this in my code library that I cannot seem to dig up... anyone got any ideas? Is it as simple as...

" Plot1(Close+.0001, "Buy", Green) " ?

Drrr. I figured it out and got it working perfectly...

Thought I would share...

Inputs:
RangeSetting(.05);

Variables:
None(0),
Value1(0);

None = AbsValue(High-Low);
Value1 = RangeSetting - None;

//High
if Close >= Low and LastBaronChart then
begin
plot1(High+Value1, "BL");
end
else
NoPlot(1);

//Low
if Close <= High and LastBaronChart then
begin
plot2(Low-Value1, "SL");
end
else
NoPlot(2);

Just change the range setting to the right setting for that range you are trading...

Cheers!

Yup....

Mine does the same thing, just not as beautifully! lol. Where did you get yours? You're on OEC as well aren't you?

i made it. ill post my code after i get some lunch. oh yeah runs fine on oec