Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jojojo

Alternative MP

Hi jojojo

What does MP means ?

Isn'it Market Delta ?

Why arbitrary Time & dates ?

CalcTime(1200

value8=TL_New(Date, 1300, POCValue, Date, 1315, POCValue);

Regards

Edited by aaa

ThanX Ochie

Market Profile had its hour of glory toward the end of the years 80, beginning of the years 90. Then, everybody dropped because no one ever succeeded in winning money with.

Steidlmayer himself wrote a second modifying book the first, adding new profiles, and explaining that the markets had changed since the publication of the method.

A video here of an introduction of MP

Emini Profile Day Trading

July 19 Emini Profile Day Trading | Free Educational & How-To Videos - Watch Educational & How-To Videos Online | Veoh

That value puts the indicator at a specified time of the day

value8=Text_New(date, CalcTime(0800{Sess1StartTime}

??

If time=2200{sess1EndTime}

?????

Also This indic has no volume element

Edited by aaa

ThanX Ochie

Market Profile had its hour of glory toward the end of the years 80, beginning of the years 90. Then, everybody dropped because no one ever succeeded in winning money with.

That is not concordant with my observations. Not something I use personaly but I know a few successful traders that do. (Well I guess they are successful as they don't get fired). I'm kind of interested in what you are basing your opinion on.

That's nonsense. Though you don't need MP itself (as indicator) to make money, the MP -- and particularly the Auction Market Theory which it is based on -- is still far superior than all the MA Ribbon Could and other the stuff which you play with.

Dear Blowfish

As a beginner I have no opinion

I've learned from TAMS that any kind of methods is good if U get money with it

I try here 2 understand + learn + share with respect w/o judging anybody

Silly me, I imported it, displayed it on a ES 5M chart, and just got trendlines. Must i Use diff style? Any usage documentation?

Please and Thanks

I gave to mmustoe the result of a serious Google research

--First I've translated the 2 first lines from French from a topic from this forum

(I guess that everybody doesn't understand French)

Boursosmile :: Voir le sujet - Market Profile

--Then videos of an introduction of MP

July 19 Emini Profile Day Trading | Free Educational & How-To Videos - Watch Educational & How-To Videos Online | Veoh

I don't expect thanks from anybody

But I'm surprised how quick the bullets flyed

Please don't be offensed

kind regards

aaa

PS ... I read that my interventions are not at a good level

even tho I try 2 do my best 2 B helpfull

It turned me sad

So I will be more discret from now on this forum

But I will still read you very carefully

Take good care of you

Much Love from

Katarina

:ban:

FULL TRANSLATED FROM FRENCH 2 ENGLISH

Market Profile

I search for people practicing the analysis according to the Market Profile of Steidlmayer.

Thank you to contact me in promenade for exchanges on the method.

@ + and good trades.

"He/it learned some stars that only the interior light permits to shine"

Paulo Coelho

Manual of the Light Warrior

Winnie

Bizuth

27 07 2004 to 13: 38

To come back in top

Steidlmayer himself wrote a second modifying book the first, adding new profiles, and explaining that the markets had changed since the publication of the method.

Personally, I continue to use Market Profile, but not of the way conceived by his/her/its creators.

I use it to represent the market intraday. It is a very good graphic, more talking representation than the classic charts. She/it permits to identify the extreme intraday (spikes and thrusts) more easily notably.

I use his/her/its philosophy as general model of the activity intraday of them worked. It is mainly about considering the markets like a system of bids, with a price that moves in the sense of the facilitation of a maximum of transactions. Cf. the analogy with a market to the beastly, that another author uses on the market profiles (I forgot the names of the author and the book).

edict:

I recovered the book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0934380538/qid= 1090928674/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/102-2256916-2114533?v=glance&s=books

It is impossible to illustrate live on a forum. It is a method intraday. It is necessary to understand the concepts then to follow the formation of profiles it in real time.

For the follow-up in real time, one can have an idea of that that it gives on the mini-dow of the cbot: http://www.cbot.com/cbot/pub/cont_detail/1 ,3206,1063+16814,00 .html

The site of the cbot also has a whole set of free articles and a list of books on market profiles: http://www.cbot.com/cbot/pub/page/0 ,3181,1186,00 .html

To understand the concepts, it is necessary to read the book that I have above stated. It is the best on the topic.

Market Profile is a way to observe, to represent and to interpret the movements of the market. But best in the beginning, it is not to consider profiles it that like a new shape of graphic representation, for the same reason as the barroom charts or the candlesticks.

The interpretative aspect - Auction Market Theory - is interesting. He/it presents common points with the works of Crabel (opening arranges breakout), of Wyckofves (spikes and thrusts) and some simple interpretations of the candlesticks.

However, to consider profiles it like a method prédictive is dangerous because profiles it describes the present. The survey of the present permits to place some trades, but doesn't have a value prédictive. The investment of the trades comes from an analysis of the present market, that Market Profile facilitates. Not of any value prédictive of this last.

It is not a magic method. I believe that the disappointment of the users passed of Market Profile comes from it. They waited for another holy grail that was going to give them some easy trades. It is not the case. If they had confined themselves to consider it as a new very useful tool for the observation and the reflection, they would have been less disappointed.

http://market-inside.forumpro.fr/index.htm

Edited by aaa

That's nonsense. Though you don't need MP itself (as indicator) to make money, the MP -- and particularly the Auction Market Theory which it is based on -- is still far superior than all the MA Ribbon Could and other the stuff which you play with.

Exactly, I was trying to be tactful.:D I am a not huge fan of AMT though have respect for those that use it to provide a framework for there trading.

Hey AAA I figured that might be the case. Forming an opinion based on some random forum post is unlikely to move you towards the truth. The way you posted also came across as though this was 'authoritative'. This is how mis-information gets spread and the truth gets buried.

In this business of outrageous assertions and inflated egos one has to be a bit more rigorous in qualifying supposed 'information'.

Hi

I do not want to mix in your discussions, but this is the coding forum.

there are a lot of interesting informations here about marketprofile,value area and this whole stuff.just do a search.I found the programmatic side of visualization of the MP is very sophisticated and on a higher proglevel, so my thought was maybe someone better than me could make some efforts on this code .It's only rudimentary for my opinion, so nothing to take only and that's it.It has to be developed a bid further.:confused:

regs

yes that' s what it looks like.The lines are the Poc's of the last days which should be en/disabled via input(showpocs) , but is not yet integrated and the todays volume distribution is shown as text with the "x" es.But I'm not clear with it how it's calculated.

At the end the x'es vol-distribution should be fix on the screen and not move with the bars.

puh

Hi Jo

U can look at this result of a search on charthub

http://www.charthub.com/chart/search/profile

They are thousands of screen snapshot of MP ( also volume Profile)

This one looks like your code concept ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=19459&stc=1&d=1266693725

-----------------------------------------------

PS My yellow lines was definitky wrong.

try 2 remove this line

value7=TL_SetExtRight(value8, true);

or have a look of this modification

Replace this ;

If time=2200{sess1EndTime} and date<> currentdate then

begin

value7=TL_SetExtRight(value8, true);

value7=TL_SetColor(value8, ColorPOC);

If ( date=JulianToDate(DateToJulian(currentdate)-1))

or ((dayofweek(currentdate)=Monday and date=JulianToDate(DateToJulian(currentdate)-3)) )

then TL_SetStyle(value8, 1) else value7=TL_SetStyle(value8, InputStyle);

end;

with that ;

//----------------------------------------------------

Input:

//----------------------------------------------------

BeginOfDayTrade( 0800 ),

EndOfDayTrade( 2200 ),

Plot.POC( 1 ),

Size.POC( 0 ),

Style.POC( 3 ),

Color.POC( White );