Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Azioni700

Scalping with Price Action?

:confused:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an intra-day trader, I look to go long or short depending how price reacts to a major level. IOW, I stay 100% neutral bias and only expect a good move from a level, not a specific direction. That way I can profit from bounce or breakout.

In my experience, three scenarios related to price action are common at a major level:

1) Bounce ( reversal)

2) Breakout (price runs through level)

3) Chop (price chops around level, then finds direction)

The question then becomes, can each scenario be predicted to any useful degree? And if so, how? What are your strategies with Price action and/or Scalping good also for Dax-future?:)

:confused:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an intra-day trader, I look to go long or short depending how price reacts to a major level. IOW, I stay 100% neutral bias and only expect a good move from a level, not a specific direction. That way I can profit from bounce or breakout.

In my experience, three scenarios related to price action are common at a major level:

1) Bounce ( reversal)

2) Breakout (price runs through level)

3) Chop (price chops around level, then finds direction)

The question then becomes, can each scenario be predicted to any useful degree? And if so, how? What are your strategies with Price action and/or Scalping good also for Dax-future?:)

Are there any other options? Price can go up, down or sideways. I don't believe there's any other options.

I think the key is weeding out the chop area. It's fairly easy to trade breakouts/reversals in combination. I think the chop is what can really hurt a system. Work on trying to eliminate that and I think you'll find it a bit easier. As for how, no idea how you trade, what your risk threshold is, etc. etc.

Here is a way I occasionally will DayTrade an Option play.

I look at the opening price and setup a dual Fibonacci w/ extensions on the previous closing price to the opening range rebound (usually 10-15 mins from open).

I will then look to buy in the direction of the 50% line breakout, Call if breaks up, or Put if breaks downward. Use the Fibs Extention for exit targets.

Today's example worked , but you have to be on top of things.It will turn on you quickly.

Bought a 560 call on the breakout at 4.2. Closed it after it passed thru the +61.1% extention level. (out at 5.2).

4pvzx2.jpg[/img]

Are there any other options? Price can go up, down or sideways. I don't believe there's any other options.

I think the key is weeding out the chop area. It's fairly easy to trade breakouts/reversals in combination. I think the chop is what can really hurt a system. Work on trying to eliminate that and I think you'll find it a bit easier. As for how, no idea how you trade, what your risk threshold is, etc. etc.

What about forwards and backwards? Fast/slow?? What about down when I need it to go up and up when I need it to go down?Just kidding!:)