Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

DavidHP

Start on New Posts

Greetings,

Is there a way to setup a link so that I start on a page with just the new links since my last visit?

When I try to use the CP to do that I get a search ID page and when I use that, it is invalid at my next visit.

Thanks

Thanks for your replies.

However, I'm lazy.

I would like to put a link on my desktop that would bring up TL and it would already be on those pages. When I click the links you referred to they simply create a link that is a search string with a number assigned.

Once that number expires, the link no longer works.

There has to be a static URL that links to this stuff???

Thanks

So basically a page listing just latest and new posts?

it would be alright if you have this link at the top of the page, with default to 50 threads

Traders Laboratory - Latest Forum Activity

people can look at the topics at a glance... and choose whatever that catches their eyes.

about this page:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/

the design is clean, and the categories are nicely structured,

but difficult to find threads because they are buried in another layer.

also, when people do not see what catches the eyes, they tend to move away instead of dig deeper.

it would be alright if you have this link at the top of the page, with default to 50 threads

Traders Laboratory - Latest Forum Activity

people can look at the topics at a glance... and choose whatever that catches their eyes.

about this page:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/

the design is clean, and the categories are nicely structured,

but difficult to find threads because they are buried in another layer.

also, when people do not see what catches the eyes, they tend to move away instead of dig deeper.

Ive set the default to 50. Still working on rewriting the url and will look to implement this in a more convenient area. Thanks for the suggestions Tams.

Thanks for your replies.

However, I'm lazy.

I would like to put a link on my desktop that would bring up TL and it would already be on those pages. When I click the links you referred to they simply create a link that is a search string with a number assigned.

Thanks

Hi David,

Try this link here: Traders Laboratory - Latest Forum Activity

I will be posting this url up somewhere on the forum shortly as well. Thanks.

Thanks for your replies.

However, I'm lazy.

Thanks

You're lucky that James takes all suggestions into consideration, incl changing something that is not broken. If moving your big, heavy mouse to the top right corner of the screen is asking too much, then you decide if it's worth your time to spend about 2.3 seconds doing that.

:roll eyes:

This function has been added below unread posts. (screenshot attached)

Please do let me know if you would like to see this elsewhere. Thanks.

James:

Thanks for this link placement...

I hope this Recent Activity page, with all the stimulating topics, will prompt more discussions and participations.

TAMS

You're lucky that James takes all suggestions into consideration, incl changing something that is not broken. If moving your big, heavy mouse to the top right corner of the screen is asking too much, then you decide if it's worth your time to spend about 2.3 seconds doing that.

The fact that James is so quick to respond and so helpful in many ways, is one of the reasons this forum stands out from the rest.

But I think we shouldn't waste his time with asking for a load of little "nice-to-have" features :)

The fact that James is so quick to respond and so helpful in many ways, is one of the reasons this forum stands out from the rest.

But I think we shouldn't waste his time with asking for a load of little "nice-to-have" features :)

Thanks fw :) As long as I can handle it with my limited amount of programming knowledge then i dont mind cause I also learn something new. If its beyond the scope of my abilities, thats when it gets costly and could take some time.

No reason to be critical.

This was simply a question and not a request to change.

I thought maybe I had missed a way to do this that was obvious.

FYI: I put a shortcut button on the Firefox toolbar for TL (as I do for all my most favorite sites). All of the other buttons take me to the exact page I want to start my daily routine. If this could be done with TL it would just make it easier to navigate a site I enjoy.

Have a great day.