Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

VSAtrader

Wycoff Method & Hawkeye Trading Method

Hawkeye Indicators are based on Wycoff Trading Method.

Understanding Volume

Volume in the market is as important is to your car. Prices do not move without buyers and/or sellers.

To help in understanding typical volume and price behavior, post these notes beside your computer and learn to identify the different volume behaviors as they occur on your charts.

Normal Volume Behavior:

• Volume is highest before congestion

• Volume is lowest as it moves deeper into congestion

• Volume increases with a valid breakout of congestion and then subsides as the trend begins. (Look for the last Hawkeye Pivot being taken out.)

• Volume increases with major reversals, approximately for the next 5-7 timeframes

• Volume should move with trend strength, ie if trend dots are up and on an angle greater that 45%.

• Volume should be lower on the second double top/bottom formations showing lack of selling. Then volume will pick up and a trend will be established.

Abnormal Volume Behavior:

Congestion Areas:

• If heavier volume appears at the low end of congestion area, buying is being supported and prices tend to go up after breaking out of the upper price resistance level.

• If heavier volume appears at the higher price level in the congestion area, then there are more sellers than buyers. Prices will eventually decline from the higher support area of the congestion zone.

• Volume should increase during the breakout then subside as the trend begins to form. However, if volume stays high after the breakout and prices move too strongly, then the breakout will not be valid and prices will move back into congestion until fair value has been established then continue in trend (in other words price has got ahead of its self and it requires attendant volume to confirm trend direction.)

• If price retraces after a breakout from congestion on high volume, and bounces off the outside edge of congestion, and then volume picks up again, this is a valid breakout.

Volume should be in the direction of the breakout. However, if volume does not confirm the direction of the breakout, then prices will likely go in the opposite direction. Remember, normal volume breakout increases with the breakout. Therefore, if you see a breakout with low volume, anticipate entering in the opposite direction as price cannot continue in this direction on low volume.

KISS.gif.510ba9c74de7ae86cfacd6d69ed71bb6.gif

volume6.gif.9f4fec0f76ed541e5fdd18a10b13f662.gif

STRATEGY20JULY09.gif.c3b79972bcf7e1c799e1f4176e324f74.gif

Guys, I'm not using these indicators any more. It has huge stops, indicators are choppy like hell,used 3 years never made any money. Additionally, I lost huge amount of money using Hawkeye Indicators. Be careful with these indicators.

Guys, I'm not using these indicators any more. It has huge stops, indicators are choppy like hell,used 3 years never made any money. Additionally, I lost huge amount of money using Hawkeye Indicators. Be careful with these indicators.

Thank you so much for the honesty. I sincerely hope we can sticky your post and forward it to every beginner that enters this site. Especially the "used 3 years never made any money" part. Maybe then they can realize that only screen time and a personally developed strategy will make one profitable.

Wait a minute... are you saying that a vendor selling magical indicators is doing so b/c they are worthless and the only real value is in selling them? Shocking.

I trade commodities using tick charts. Futures and currencies are long term trading. Anyway nothing worked with these indicators -- they really lagged. I went to Nigel's (he claims he invented VSA) seminar. The seminar was all about basics of trading, he never discussed any thing on VSA. Really he just flips through a bunch of charts but you still do not get a real understanding of his indicators or trading. Although the charts are beautiful in hindsight, on the live edge of the market, they leave a lot to be desired.

I trade commodities using tick charts. Futures and currencies are long term trading. Anyway nothing worked with these indicators -- they really lagged. I went to Nigel's (he claims he invented VSA) seminar. The seminar was all about basics of trading, he never discussed any thing on VSA. Really he just flips through a bunch of charts but you still do not get a real understanding of his indicators or trading. Although the charts are beautiful in hindsight, on the live edge of the market, they leave a lot to be desired.

What commodities do you trade that are not futures and how do you trade them if they are not futures if you say futures are long term trading, but you trade commodoties on tick charts?