Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

tradewiser

MP for the Metatrader 4 Platform

Hello

Can someone give very plain example in very plain english with chart...where to enter and where to exit trade based on MP...any pair, any trend, any TF or just on 30min or 15 min.

Thank you

Hello Mario and thanks a lot for the indicator. For any reason i can put the MP indicator that you created in my expert MT4 folder but when i open a 30 min chart and try to drag the indicator to the chart, it does nothing.

Also, in meta editor, it says the the sptlib,mqh cant be open and it gives an error when compiling the sp market profile indicator.

Your help or the help of anybody would be greatly appreciated on that matter.

Also, for a reliable MT4 platform for volume that do not use broker in house volume (volume we means tick data here) but volume from the data feed that they use which is connected to different banks is either IBFX, Broko trader or MBT MT4.

Personally, i use the MBTrading MT4 platform as this broker is an ECN and use different banks in his datafeed which is more near what you can see in e-signal

Thanks a lot in advance

Shreem:)

Shreem the file name error you get....... is the same name as the zip file in the post above yours......... unzip and stick it in the directory with other mqh files in it.... just a logical guess but see how that goes for ya.

Hi all,

sorry I was in Manila few days... and too many work hours.

This is the missing header.

And Back to work to MP for volume.

Ciao,

Mario

Mario:

do you have any news about the MP Volume Indicator?

TIA for your time and commitment

G

Hi,

I finally had time to finish the indicator with volume lines. It is a new indicator "sp market profilex". Volume lines are normalized to the maximum value of the profile, so it does not make sense to compare bar lenghts of different profile. Values are anyway written. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Ciao,

Mario

experts.zip

Hi,

I finally had time to finish the indicator with volume lines. It is a new indicator "sp market profilex". Volume lines are normalized to the maximum value of the profile, so it does not make sense to compare bar lenghts of different profile. Values are anyway written. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Ciao,

Mario

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your hard work in bringing a decent MP implementation to MT4. Having looked at your code and trying to make some changes myself, I notice that your code calls for an import of mpxlib.ex4, which I presume has all of the (static) variables for sizing the text, etc. I understand you not wanting to post the source for that library as it is very impressive.

In this case, I wonder if you could externalise some variables, please? The text size and colour for the TPO's (I use a white background which obviously makes white text impossible to see.)

I also use the M30 time frame as prescribed by the CBOT handbook. Any chance of getting the TPO letters to 'shift' to the corresponding half hour segment? (EDIT: On second thoughts, ignore this particular request, I am not sure this would produce the desired effect I am after.)

Is it possible to externalise a GMT offset the open and end times of the three sessions, also?

I look forward to your response. Thanks again,

Lim

Edited by limstylz

The indicator itself is impressive, however im still trying to figure out what GMT offset Mario used to split the sessions, it doesn´t seem to be GMT+0 or +1. The external file to specify when to start the MarketProfile works only for H4 and not M1.

Sessions should be (GMT+0) Tokio 0:00, London 8:00, New York 13:00 and the indicator doesn´t split them according to those sessions.

(Tested ODL, FXCM and IBFX)

Hi Mario,

really great work on this indi.

However would it be possible to have the option to either display the deviation as it is now or the value area as in a standard indicator on other platforms

Gerry

hello Mario

If I have your indicator on chart: If I draw line and change time frame then line disappear; same is for my pivot point indicator...it disappear after I change time frame.

Can you fix this problem please?

Thank you

I dont know if anyone else experianced this problem but I dont see market profile on H4...

Also is it posible to use this indicator on weekly, daily time frame ( same problem: I dont see market profile on those time frames)?

Mario can you help on this please?

Hi, mikael!

Sorry, I not author of this indicator.

But if you want to see level on each bar use adjustment for instance: TF M15

Range Period 15 (M1-1 M5-5 M15-15 M30-30 H1-60)

RangeCount 50 (depth of the show)

Smooth 3 (0-100)

TickMethod 9 (take into volume tick)

ShowHistogram false

ShowLast true

ShowModes true

Mode Color -any

Mode Width 5 ( or more)

ModeStyle 0

MaxModeWidth 5 ( or more)

You can see points on each bar

Good Luck!