Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

Got into a trade this morning that I shouldn't have...

Other than that it was an ok day. About average. Nothing to write home about but profits profit and I'm happy to have more now than I did this morning.

Hell, considering this is on a 4k account its 2% on the day.... lol.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9708&stc=1&d=1236643026

1.png.473115d6b820823e6fc54bffc443d220.png

I will join the slow day club:

attachment.php?attachmentid=9709&stc=1&d=1236654751

Once again I missed a couple trades. For whatever reason the trades that show up at 8am or close to it seem to catch me off guard. I'm there and ready to go by 8 (and sometimes just getting to the computer by 8) and I think it takes me a little to settle in sometimes which is costing me trades.

Good news is that I really saw this b/c of this thread and it's something I can work on.

3-9-2009.png.b3d696a21cb53910af8f7542e4c80b81.png

Screwed the pooch today. Could've been profitable but I took +.25 on a textbook 7pt move this morning due to mismanagement and got caught in a megaphone pattern in the afternoon. Disappointed in my execution overall.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9714&stc=1&d=1236712599

5.png.9fe6bf90dd266bdbb551ad64313a3491.png

3/10/09

attachment.php?attachmentid=9715&stc=1&d=1236713600

Not bad, but not great. In the TL chat room I posted a pretty nice LIVE ES trade but that was done in a different account from this smaller one that I am using in this thread. I thought about including it to boost the number, but it's really not fair to myself since I am focusing more on my bond trades and this smaller account for this thread.

On a side note, the TL chat room is an interesting thing. There's a couple that actually post trades live (props to eminiME and firewalker) and there's others that would give the appearance of trading, yet will not post when a trade is showing up and/or whether or not they took the trade. What's the point of pretending on an anonymous chat room? If you aren't trading, then WORK ON IT AND STOP PRETENDING.

I guess it's sometimes easier to just keep the deception going than to admit what is really occurring.

:confused:

I haven't used the TL blog space here before but I think I may use that to document my personal views and opinions of this chat room. It will be MY opinions so hopefully they can be respected w/o moderation...

3-10-2009.png.b66c2b42b939ad367e6a523af9117246.png

Today I would have lost ca. 700 $.

It was one of these days again.

On these days, I know that a trade will not work out, just after I entered,

but I stay in.

Btw. tomorrow I will not be able to trade.

Then I will reactivate my blog too,

preparing my transition.

Lets see if it works out during the next two months.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9717&stc=1&d=1236716881

NQ-10.03-Demo.png.984a8b22a37d91c729f6bc777c7a1f92.png

dae - we've all been there and done that. Learn from the mistakes and make sure it doesn't happen again (or not that often). ;)

Wise words. Long story short - I traded like a little bitch and I got what I deserved. Next day please. :)

If it's accountability/credibility you are after, then a better approach may be to promote the concept of streaming the account PnL live throughout the day and then finish it up with a quick summary and snapshot on this thread. One could do it in TL's room using free software like ManyCam. No "calling" would be necessary in the room. Those that want to follow an individual could just monitor the progress via video. If someone doesn't want to mess with the room they could always use a free service such as Ustream. :2c:

I also started a blog here.

Just my opinions of the chat room and what you can expect from it.

Hlm, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Is this on purpose?

hlm - neat idea, feel free to run w/ it. As I said in post #1, what the person posts or provides is up to them. Firewalker suggested posting the total pt gain vs. actual $. That's cool too, whatever works for you. Let me know if you get yours up and running so we can watch!

As for the blog, I have no idea. Not sure how the software is setup so I'll have to poke around tomorrow unless someone that has used it before can suggest what to do.

Glad you stopped by hlm and hope we can see some participation from you too!

attachment.php?attachmentid=9727&stc=1&d=1236809448

Poor performance today on this account. Not sure if it was lack of focus or what but this was way below what the result should have been and is unacceptable.

Note - in addition to tracking how I did, I also track what I should have done (meaning following the plan 100%). Today was a terrible day in that regards.

:angry:

:crap:

:doh:

5aa70eb862ad8_3-11-20095-47-32PM.png.b6a0e0266a772aa37af9345e78f0f3b4.png

I too had a wash day... (negative if you include commissions). But unlike yesterday I didn't make any mistakes or mismanagement. This was simply the outcome of what was there per my rules.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9731&stc=1&d=1236816779

1.png.0fd5cd303ce6377601e4e3576c4f614d.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=9740&stc=1&d=1236900986

Ok on the small account today.

On another account I got whipped around a bit there in the mid-morning. Part of the problem was missing a nice trade there, which in the end puts the day at a good result.

Better today, but not great. One more day left this week to get a decent result and then we take the weekend to refocus.

5aa70eb8a8f09_3-12-20095-32-27PM.png.19551d0bd9a284fb0565b30535038d46.png

FYI - I lost -162.50 after some DOM issues this morning on rollover... :(

But i'm going to be simming today through next friday for starters on a new idea. I'll post up results still but they won't be real $$$ for at least a week while I vet this new idea.

Cheers!

3/9/2009

3/10/2009

3/11/2009

3/12/2009

3/13/2009

Not a bad week but should have been better.

Previous week was +1312.51 which gives us a running blotter of +2365.65 over 2 weeks.

Per week average: +$1182.83

It's not great, but not bad. If I can focus like I did today every day, then we should blow those numbers out of the water.

:applaud:

Hey Brownsfan,

Been following your P&L thread with great interest. Would you mind sharing what your methodology is for trading the bonds? If you already have discussed it in another thread you can just point me in that direction. Thanks.

I have your thread bookmarked and look forward to seeing how you finish up your day. I'm always pulling for ya!

Best Regards,

Bruce

Hey Brownsfan,

Been following your P&L thread with great interest. Would you mind sharing what your methodology is for trading the bonds? If you already have discussed it in another thread you can just point me in that direction. Thanks.

I have your thread bookmarked and look forward to seeing how you finish up your day. I'm always pulling for ya!

Best Regards,

Bruce

Bruce,

My methodology is not necessarily laid out in one thread; however, I moderate the candlestick corner and much is there. Feel free to poke around and ask questions there if you'd like.

Ok on the small account today.

On another account I got whipped around a bit there in the mid-morning.

I don't quite understand why you trade multiple accounts . . just curious . . ?

I don't really post regularly enough to post results every day, but I think is a great idea for a thread. Accountability is a must in trading.

I don't quite understand why you trade multiple accounts . . just curious . . ?

I don't really post regularly enough to post results every day, but I think is a great idea for a thread. Accountability is a must in trading.

Many reasons to trade multiple accounts... trading for myself in multiple accounts (retirement and non-retirement funds, can't mix them), trading for family and/or friends, etc.

Hi BF,

I have just a question (and maybe some advice you can give me). Based on this thread and other posting I understod you are simultaneously trading Bond and ES, and as far as I can see from the trades in a quite actively way. Don't you have any problem to daytrade different items at the same time ? Does it happen to you also to have position open at the same time in ES and Bonds? I ask you this as I tried to trade at the same time the DJ EuroStoxx and the German Bund but I never managed to keep a good focus on both and more than often I was missing opportunities and managing the trade in a terrible way. By now I decided to focus on the DJ EuroStoxx only but I liked the movement of the Bond so I would be happy to trade both.

Thanks

Fedeo

Hi BF,

I have just a question (and maybe some advice you can give me). Based on this thread and other posting I understod you are simultaneously trading Bond and ES, and as far as I can see from the trades in a quite actively way. Don't you have any problem to daytrade different items at the same time ? Does it happen to you also to have position open at the same time in ES and Bonds? I ask you this as I tried to trade at the same time the DJ EuroStoxx and the German Bund but I never managed to keep a good focus on both and more than often I was missing opportunities and managing the trade in a terrible way. By now I decided to focus on the DJ EuroStoxx only but I liked the movement of the Bond so I would be happy to trade both.

Thanks

Fedeo

Fedeo - good points. As you can see, almost all of my trades here are placed on the Bonds. While I watch the ES and NQ (and sometimes place a trade there), most trades are placed on the bonds.

I would suggest placing all trades on one side of the market (bonds or indexes) until you got a firm handle on that. And by then you might not even want or need to trade on the other side. ;)

For me that has meant placing trades on the bonds, with a focus on the ZB contract. Reason is that for my trading it moves the most and can reach my profit targets much easier than the ZN or ZF most days. But I use the ZN or ZF to trade from, just place the trades on the ZB.

FYI - amount of posts here is NOT a requirement to post in this thread. If you can post on the forum, you can post here too!

:)

So feel free to join us here and that post count will go up every day!