Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

Some of the wisest words ever spoken.

While I still trade most of the day, what I have to agree 110% is this: Trade that one reliable setup in your arsenal and just exploit it on as many markets as you can. Its a hell of a lot easier than trying to trade every setup known to man on one market. It keeps things simple, it allows you to truly spot those exceptional setups, and doesn't force you to force your trades on one market/timeframe because you are monitoring so many that you almost always catch something worth having!

It took me quite awhile to figure that, but once you do and if it works for your trading, it's such a beautiful way to trade. I think we're bred to believe that work must occur from 9am-5pm (or longer) and if you want to be wealthy, you better be working round-the-clock. But that's simply not true in trading. You can take a handful of trades per day, be done by noon and make a good living. It is possible and IMO it's easier than trading all day.

A lot of it has to do with the amount of mental stamina required when trading manually and trading for hours. To trade all day, 5 days a week manually is a daunting task. And I tried so hard to find a way to do it for a long time. It's not easy and I applaud those that can do that consistently and profitably. In the end, all that matters to me is the $$$ gains. That's it. This is what I do to support myself and family so it's about the benjamins. And the 'easiest' way for me to capture the most $$$ was to focus hard from 8am-Noon, be particular on my entries and then just do it. Sounds so easy but it literally took me years and thousands upon thousands of dollars to realize that.

So far so good since I came back from summer break. My strategy is simple, esp on a smaller account - keep intraday losses small, keep profits larger and try to have more winners than losers. That's the basics of it at least. There's some more risk mgmt parameters in place, but that's an entire post on it's own.

As you'll note if you look at the blotters, I do not focus on 1 market. I have a prime setup that I'm simply looking to exploit over a variety of futures markets. At most I will have 3 trades in a market and a good day is more like 2 setups. Since I know my ideal trading setup is 2 winners in a market, I've chosen to open up my markets traded to include bonds, currencies (although currently on hold), oil, gold, indexes, and grains. Now my ideal day looks like 1-2 trades per market x 6 or so markets.

I also don't trade all day. That was also a losing battle for me. I try to get the charts shut off by 12pm EST at the latest. I don't know what happens the rest of the day and I don't care. If I can make $500-$1000/day per contract on this account, that's exactly where I want to be.

It's taken awhile to get to this point - to know that:

1) There's no need to trade all day (and it's actually very counter-productive for me)

2) There's no need to focus on just 1 market and feel like you have to trade in that 1 market you are watching

3) There's no need to have many different setups if you find 1 solid, reliable, consistent performer

Now I'll say this - this week has been FAR from perfect. I track what I did vs. what the system produced. So at this point I should have had a much better week than what was posted, so it's very possible a losing day will hurt more than it should. And that's my issue - overriding the system out of fear.

I need to respectfully disagree with your second point which is probably more accurate if you are a position trader who holds trades for weeks or months where you might chew on a decision overnight to decide whether you should sell, etc and are not bothered by the daily or weekly price fluctuations. But, because of the competiveness of the intraday markets, successfully taking intraday short term trades in one market on a consistent basis is very difficult. Trying to do it in multiple markets is suicide. In sim you are playing something similar to a video game and it’s great to learn that way. But, in live trading you are trading other traders who eat, sleep, and breath the oil market, S&P, Euro, etc and will eat you alive if you do not eat, sleep, and breath that particular market and get on the wrong side of their trade. Their behavior is nothing short of predatory and I would strongly recommend that people master one market especially if you are new to short term futures trading.

I need to respectfully disagree with your second point which is probably more accurate if you are a position trader who holds trades for weeks or months where you might chew on a decision overnight to decide whether you should sell, etc and are not bothered by the daily or weekly price fluctuations. But, because of the competiveness of the intraday markets, successfully taking intraday short term trades in one market on a consistent basis is very difficult. Trying to do it in multiple markets is suicide. In sim you are playing something similar to a video game and it’s great to learn that way. But, in live trading you are trading other traders who eat, sleep, and breath the oil market, S&P, Euro, etc and will eat you alive if you do not eat, sleep, and breath that particular market and get on the wrong side of their trade. Their behavior is nothing short of predatory and I would strongly recommend that people master one market especially if you are new to short term futures trading.

Guess we'll disagree MM on that one then. I'm posting blotters showing that it can in fact be done.

How about you? Care to show how it looks perfecting 1 market? Or just an observer? B/c I believe we've yet to see 1 blotter from you demonstrating what you are claiming is the only way to trade...

:)

I find it humorous when people think that their one opinion is the only truth out there. As you can see in my posts, I'm usually pretty good at saying 'IMO' or 'this is what works for me' etc. THE FACT IS THAT THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG WAY TO TRADE. WHAT WORKS FOR YOU MAY NOT WORK FOR OTHERS. AND THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE RIGHT AND THEY ARE WRONG.

There are many, many ways to trade and everyone eventually finds what works for them. And if it works for YOU then it's PERFECT for YOU even if other people would claim it's 'suicide'.

See, what you're failing to grasp MM is that you can in fact master 1-2 predictable setups and then exploit those over multiple markets. I know that trading multiple markets may be daunting to some and most 'gurus' w/ books, newsletters, etc spit out the same rhetoric as you did here, but it's nonsense. Perhaps the edge I'm exploiting depends on certain conditions to be met and those conditions are typically met 1-2 times per day, per market... why just trade 1 then when I can trade more and make more?

Anyways, I'm showing that it can be done daily w/ consistent results. Do you plan to show what it looks like when focusing on 1 market and only 1 market? You'll find that in this thread, it's not just talk. This is the one thread here where people post blotters, which you've yet to do. As they say - talk is cheap. Show me the $.

;)

Guess we'll disagree MM on that one then. I'm posting blotters showing that it can in fact be done.

How about you? Care to show how it looks perfecting 1 market? Or just an observer? B/c I believe we've yet to see 1 blotter from you demonstrating what you are claiming is the only way to trade...

:)

I find it humorous when people think that their one opinion is the only truth out there. As you can see in my posts, I'm usually pretty good at saying 'IMO' or 'this is what works for me' etc. THE FACT IS THAT THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG WAY TO TRADE. WHAT WORKS FOR YOU MAY NOT WORK FOR OTHERS. AND THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE RIGHT AND THEY ARE WRONG.

There are many, many ways to trade and everyone eventually finds what works for them. And if it works for YOU then it's PERFECT for YOU even if other people would claim it's 'suicide'.

See, what you're failing to grasp MM is that you can in fact master 1-2 predictable setups and then exploit those over multiple markets. I know that trading multiple markets may be daunting to some and most 'gurus' w/ books, newsletters, etc spit out the same rhetoric as you did here, but it's nonsense. Perhaps the edge I'm exploiting depends on certain conditions to be met and those conditions are typically met 1-2 times per day, per market... why just trade 1 then when I can trade more and make more?

Anyways, I'm showing that it can be done daily w/ consistent results. Do you plan to show what it looks like when focusing on 1 market and only 1 market? You'll find that in this thread, it's not just talk. This is the one thread here where people post blotters, which you've yet to do. As they say - talk is cheap. Show me the $.

;)[/quote

Brownsfan,

I have been trading futures since 2/08. I am a new trader. At this point I am break even consistently and happy to be breakeven; however, I am down since I began. It’s hard to express an opinion without sounding like you know it all, but I assure you that I do not know all about trading. But, I do know what dangerous advice is for a new trader who is trading live.

I do not know who you are, but if your set up is capable of capturing profits from multiple markets consistently, then you are 1 in a billion which means few can could achieve such results. Suggesting that any trader can duplicate the results that so few can do is dangerous advice. Unless you were to provide us with the magical setup that you have that we are too dumb to uncover on our own. My opinion, therefore, is simply stated to offer balance for newer traders who may read the thread, because most traders will fail if they listen to your opinion on this matter. If you have been trading for so long, then you should know this as fact.

It would be silly for me to post a daily blotter since most days are miniscule losses, breakeven, or small gains, and then the occasional homerun. I calculate my win/loss ratio differently, but if I calculate it the way everyone else does, it’s about 40%. If I calculate it my way, my percentage winners are a lot less. Yesterday I lost $25, Thursday I was out of town, Wednesday, I lost $37.5. Tuesday, I lost 87.50, Monday, I was even. These are brutally honest results of live trading. I don’t lose everyday but it just so happens that that is how the week played out. Once agin, I am down since I have began trading futures and am breakeven since March. So, I have no pie in the sky to offer anyone and I would suggest that a new guy should hope to be breakeven in 2 years. Realism.

If anyone were interested, I could duplicate these results for them live every single day I trade. I have zero fear of losing money in the presence of others. I do not think that anyone posting spectacular results on this thread would dare make the same offer because as we all know if you state live that you are entering a long position at level A with a stop at level B and a target at level C it is incredibly difficult to come close to producing results that are consistent with the results on the blotters posted here no matter how long you have been trading. There is only one way to prove me wrong on the above, all other ways are as you say “cheap talk.”

MM - let me share this w/ you then...

1) I've been trading for about 8 yrs or so now. I've been through the ups/downs and now I'm sharing my experiences here.

2) I know that you've been taught via books, blogs, etc that the way to trade is focus on 1 market and only 1 market. I was there too, just like you are now. After all those years, my focus went from1 market to 1 setup (and trade multiple markets). When I did that, my equity curve changed dramatically.

So I know what the standards or rules of thumb taught out there are, but there also must be a reason why many new traders fail and don't survive this business, yet here I am still doing it after all these years. Maybe, just maybe, I've been there, done that and found a few things that work.

If you don't keep an open mind when you first start trading and learning this business, you'll have a hard time succeeding IMO. Keep in mind that when you read those books, newsletters, seminars, etc. that they are profiting by selling you some item... rarely do they offer anything of substance that can make an impact on your trading.

And no offense, but I don't think a trader that is break-even and trying to find their way should be criticizing someone that makes a consistent profit (proven throughout this thread) and is happy to share experiences here with all. Instead of being so quick to call something 'suicide' maybe take it in and think about it. And if it doesn't make sense now, that's not surprising, but maybe down the road something might hit you.

Like I said though, there is no perfect 1 and only 1 way to trade to make money at this business. There will be plenty of people that think the way you trade is foolish and silly. That means nothing if it works for you and makes you money. It's all about the $$$$. That's it. That's how we keep score here. If you are making it, then it really doesn't matter what other people say. If you aren't making it, maybe listen to those that are... food for thought.

This thread isn't really for people like MM. Most of us are past questioning each other's trading ability and just having useful interaction.

Below are the reasons for posting here as Brownfan said. Stick with those and don't worry about protecting other traders from reading this thread or worrying about how many losses anyone is posting. There is a good "ignore function" on this forum so you don't have to worry about the daily postings here.

Now back to the P/L thread.

Reasons to post here:

FOR YOU

Create a place where you are accountable

Get feedback on your trades, progress, etc

If you do want to post charts, you will probably get feedback on these as well

Occasionally you'll get a PM from a new person that says 'Thanks, you've give me some ideas or given me drive to do this'

FOR OTHERS

Show those new to trading it can in fact be done

Show that there's many ways to make money in trading (by seeing a variety of blotters from people posting here)

Im gonna join this thread, starting with Fridays results as it was a rare winning day!

8 points on the ES (im concentrating soley on the ES at the moment)

We can expect lots of losses next week to slap me back to realilty!!

tlpnl.thumb.JPG.5190c3c2666051d4e451ec7a3ebf621e.JPG

MM - let me share this w/ you then...

1) I've been trading for about 8 yrs or so now. I've been through the ups/downs and now I'm sharing my experiences here.

2) I know that you've been taught via books, blogs, etc that the way to trade is focus on 1 market and only 1 market. I was there too, just like you are now. After all those years, my focus went from1 market to 1 setup (and trade multiple markets). When I did that, my equity curve changed dramatically.

So I know what the standards or rules of thumb taught out there are, but there also must be a reason why many new traders fail and don't survive this business, yet here I am still doing it after all these years. Maybe, just maybe, I've been there, done that and found a few things that work.

If you don't keep an open mind when you first start trading and learning this business, you'll have a hard time succeeding IMO. Keep in mind that when you read those books, newsletters, seminars, etc. that they are profiting by selling you some item... rarely do they offer anything of substance that can make an impact on your trading.

And no offense, but I don't think a trader that is break-even and trying to find their way should be criticizing someone that makes a consistent profit (proven throughout this thread) and is happy to share experiences here with all. Instead of being so quick to call something 'suicide' maybe take it in and think about it. And if it doesn't make sense now, that's not surprising, but maybe down the road something might hit you.

Like I said though, there is no perfect 1 and only 1 way to trade to make money at this business. There will be plenty of people that think the way you trade is foolish and silly. That means nothing if it works for you and makes you money. It's all about the $$$$. That's it. That's how we keep score here. If you are making it, then it really doesn't matter what other people say. If you aren't making it, maybe listen to those that are... food for thought.

Once again, I was simply adding balance for newer traders. It appears, however, that balance isn’t welcome. If new guys want to believe that they can successfully take short term trades in multiple markets trading live, go for it. You’ll be part of the majority very quickly.

I am breakeven because I am honest. I could certainly post all type of fun results, but I do not see how that would help me and it would certainly hurt someone else who is trying out trading and seeing that they can’t even come close to producing my fake results. That might lead to a false sense of inferiority on their part as a trader. As I stated, I will be more than happy to demonstrate live that my results are what they are. I reiterate that no one posting spectacular results would dare take me up on my offer to verify their results. So, you guys will all be better traders than me as long as you keep posting great results and no one takes me up on my offer. And, you have carte blanche to continue discrediting my statements because I was honest.

Brownsfan, I am, once again, in no way saying that my way is the only way and that I have it all figured out. The fact that you are suggesting that your view is better because you have been trading longer, etc tells me that you are dealing from a me vs you perspective. My only perspective here is what is good advice for newer traders to be reading. I know there are many ways to skin a cat. I am merely offering newer traders a different view that may appeal to them. It is not me against you. Understand the spirit of my comments.

You blew up accounts learning, right? Apparently you had the ability to replenish those accounts, or you wouldn’t be trading. What if someone doesn’t have the ability to replenish multiple accounts? Or, if they blow up an account and get discouraged, then what? Do you see why I suggest that it could be suicide?

Once again, I was simply adding balance for newer traders. It appears, however, that balance isn’t welcome. If new guys want to believe that they can successfully take short term trades in multiple markets trading live, go for it. You’ll be part of the majority very quickly.

I am breakeven because I am honest. I could certainly post all type of fun results, but I do not see how that would help me and it would certainly hurt someone else who is trying out trading and seeing that they can’t even come close to producing my fake results. That might lead to a false sense of inferiority on their part as a trader. As I stated, I will be more than happy to demonstrate live that my results are what they are. I reiterate that no one posting spectacular results would dare take me up on my offer to verify their results. So, you guys will all be better traders than me as long as you keep posting great results and no one takes me up on my offer. And, you have carte blanche to continue discrediting my statements because I was honest.

Brownsfan, I am, once again, in no way saying that my way is the only way and that I have it all figured out. The fact that you are suggesting that your view is better because you have been trading longer, etc tells me that you are dealing from a me vs you perspective. My only perspective here is what is good advice for newer traders to be reading. I know there are many ways to skin a cat. I am merely offering newer traders a different view that may appeal to them. It is not me against you. Understand the spirit of my comments.

You blew up accounts learning, right? Apparently you had the ability to replenish those accounts, or you wouldn’t be trading. What if someone doesn’t have the ability to replenish multiple accounts? Or, if they blow up an account and get discouraged, then what? Do you see why I suggest that it could be suicide?

I think the bottom line is that you have been doing this for two years and is still not profitable, but yet you think your believes about trading are correct. If after two years you are still breakeven and you do not change what you are doing and believing to be correct, you will still be breakeven after another two years.

If I am a new trader and I have to decide whos viewpoints and believes I am going to pay attention to and have to chose between between someone who has demonstrated over and over that he know what he is talking about and is profitable, or between someone who admits that he is not profitable, then this is a no brainer.

I am not sure what other viewpoint you think you are giving to newer traders? Your viewpoints are that you disagree with someone's who is profitable, but yet you are not profitable yourself following your own advice and view. Why do you think new traders will find this appealing?

I think the bottom line is that you have been doing this for two years and is still not profitable, but yet you think your believes about trading are correct. If after two years you are still breakeven and you do not change what you are doing and believing to be correct, you will still be breakeven after another two years.

If I am a new trader and I have to decide whos viewpoints and believes I am going to pay attention to and have to chose between between someone who has demonstrated over and over that he know what he is talking about and is profitable, or between someone who admits that he is not profitable, then this is a no brainer.

I am not sure what other viewpoint you think you are giving to newer traders? Your viewpoints are that you disagree with someone's who is profitable, but yet you are not profitable yourself following your own advice and view. Why do you think new traders will find this appealing?

Dude,

Unfortunately, that is the deficit I face because I am honest with my results. I am a breakeven trader because I have stated such; they are good traders because they post spectacular results here. I will prove live that I am what I say I am. Will they prove that they are what they are? Do not count on it. If they are unwilling to verify that they can actually produce those results, do you still want to believe it?

They really have no right to discredit me because of my results unless they are willing to verify live that they can produce these results. I promise you they will not. Doesn’t the silence on this issue tell you something?

I started out losing like a lot of traders do and I am basically breakeven since March of 09. I might be in the same position in 2 years, I might lose money again, or I might be ahead. A good trader can have flat YEARS, but you do not want to hear that because that doesn’t fulfill the fantasy promoted by many about trading. Do not take my word for it; research it on your own. Do you have any idea of what a decent rate of return is for a trader? Do you know what an awesome rate of return is for a trader? Research these on your own. You will be shocked to learn. I am not going to tell you because I am a breakeven trader and not credible.

Do not for a moment think that breaking even is not good. Statistically, I trade better than something like 90% of all traders. Do not be naïve. This is harder than you think. Unfortunately, doing well in this business can mean that you are not losing money. Hope, that you have figured out how to not lose money in the markets in about a year, but don’t take my word for it because I am only a breakeven trader and not credible.

Why is what I say appealing? It may not be appealing. Apparently, new trader prudence is completely against the grain in this thread.

You appear to be saying that everyone here that posts and is successful is lying about their results. At least it certainly sounds like it. You are breakeven because you are honest but everybody else is lying because they say they are making money? You hare happy to demonstrate live because you are honest but nobody else will because they are dishonest? You seem to be contrasting your honesty with everyone else's 'dishonesty'. I can only assume you are doing this because since you aren't making money nobody else can be?

Just to be clear, are you asking for 'real time' trading calls to verify ones claims of success?

PS .- Im also pretty much a B/E trader aswell (after MORE than 2 years im sad to say!!)

You appear to be saying that everyone here that posts and is successful is lying about their results. At least it certainly sounds like it. You are breakeven because you are honest but everybody else is lying because they say they are making money? You hare happy to demonstrate live because you are honest but nobody else will because they are dishonest? You seem to be contrasting your honesty with everyone else's 'dishonesty'. I can only assume you are doing this because since you aren't making money nobody else can be?

I guess if you really try, you can deduce that. Or, it could be that I simply wanted to offer newer traders a balanced view on the topic of whether they should trade 1 market or multiple markets.

Being that I stated, honestly, that I am not making money, it was used against me in a condescending manner. So, being honest did not pay off for me and my statements were discredited because they directly opposed the authors and he felt the need to discredit me in any way he could just to remain right.

So, if someone is willing to discredit me, because they are more experienced and a better trader than I, they should certainly be willing to back it up. If they are not willing to back it up, they really shouldn’t bring it up in a conversation since all they have are after-the- fact blotters that do not prove much. I can generate those all day long.

Once again, I wanted to offer newer guys friendly advice to help them one day preserve capital when they went live because what was being presented is dangerous for newer traders.

Just to be clear, are you asking for 'real time' trading calls to verify ones claims of success?

PS .- Im also pretty much a B/E trader aswell (after MORE than 2 years im sad to say!!)

Cheif, you are about 1 in 10. That's not very sad.

MightyMouse:

1. The trade you are asking people to make here is a pretty bad one for someone who is able to trade their strategy profitably because they are making money, and you are not. You're basically saying: "I'll show you how to break even, if you show me how to trade profitably." And yeah, I realize that a lot of people don't mind showing others exactly how they trade. I respect their reasons for doing so, but I am not one of those people, and there are many others who feel the same as I do. I'm sure you can understand why. You should be thankful that brownsfan and others have taken the time to share the information with you that they have.

2. Do you think someone is going to do you the tremendous favor of posting their live trades for you after you flat out accuse them of lying?

MightyMouse:

1. The trade you are asking people to make here is a pretty bad one for someone who is able to trade their strategy profitably because they are making money, and you are not. You're basically saying: "I'll show you how to break even, if you show me how to trade profitably." And yeah, I realize that a lot of people don't mind showing others exactly how they trade. I respect their reasons for doing so, but I am not one of those people, and there are many others who feel the same as I do. I'm sure you can understand why. You should be thankful that brownsfan and others have taken the time to share the information with you that they have.

2. Do you think someone is going to do you the tremendous favor of posting their live trades for you after you flat out accuse them of lying?

You guys are funny. I can see how Bernard Madoff was able to get away with what he did for so long. Sometimes the obvious just can't be seen until you get whacked in the head by reality.

Everyone! Browsfan is right! trade 6 markets before you learn how to trade 1. Go for it.You should all be able to do it since he did it.

That has nothing to do with my post. My point was that there's no need for you to be so rude, and if it seems like people don't respect you, it's because you are being very disrespectful yourself, from the first post you made in this thread.

That has nothing to do with my post. My point was that there's no need for you to be so rude, and if it seems like people don't respect you, it's because you are being very disrespectful yourself, from the first post you made in this thread.

Give me a lesson in etiquette. Certainly, you have proof that I was disrespectful in my first post. Prove it.

"Is this thread all sim? Is it pretend? It's funny how barely anyone has a win/loss percent of anything less than 70-80%.

20 out of 21 profitable days? 37 winning trades in a row? I am embarrassed for you if these are supposed to represent real trades.

If you guys are posting this rubbish to solicit traders for your business or something, I am sure you are in violation of CFTC, FinRE rules on communicating with the public."

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/103/trader-p-l-2009-a-5521-80.html#post73344

If that isn't your first post in this thread then I apologize in advance.

"Is this thread all sim? Is it pretend? It's funny how barely anyone has a win/loss percent of anything less than 70-80%.

20 out of 21 profitable days? 37 winning trades in a row? I am embarrassed for you if these are supposed to represent real trades.

If you guys are posting this rubbish to solicit traders for your business or something, I am sure you are in violation of CFTC, FinRE rules on communicating with the public."

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/103/trader-p-l-2009-a-5521-80.html#post73344

If that isn't your first post in this thread then I apologize in advance.

If my firmly stating the preposterous is disrespectful, then you are right, I am disrespectful. Forgive me, but I found it difficult at the time to believe that this thread has traders that are better than the best traders in the world. But, because of an incredible change of events, I now believe, unequivocally, that the best traders in the world are on this thread. So, I will keep quiet and learn from those traders who are better than I and will no longer try to offer a balanced view to newer traders because I am just a breakeven trader and only the opinions of the guys who post the spectacular blotters are what matter. I think I got it now.

I guess if you really try, you can deduce that. Or, it could be that I simply wanted to offer newer traders a balanced view on the topic of whether they should trade 1 market or multiple markets.

Being that I stated, honestly, that I am not making money, it was used against me in a condescending manner. So, being honest did not pay off for me and my statements were discredited because they directly opposed the authors and he felt the need to discredit me in any way he could just to remain right.

So, if someone is willing to discredit me, because they are more experienced and a better trader than I, they should certainly be willing to back it up. If they are not willing to back it up, they really shouldn’t bring it up in a conversation since all they have are after-the- fact blotters that do not prove much. I can generate those all day long.

Once again, I wanted to offer newer guys friendly advice to help them one day preserve capital when they went live because what was being presented is dangerous for newer traders.

You are missing the point. No one is using you being a breakeven as condescenting. The fact is that by following your own advice you are a breakeven trader, but yet you want to tell other people that they should do what you do and believe. Why do you think your advice is of any value and going to help anyone when this is not even helping yourself? This is like me saying, hey guys, I cannot break 100 in golf, but if you do exactly as I do and ignore the advice the PGA pro gave you, then you will play better golf.

You can tell yourself all day long that breakeven is good and better than most. Breakeven trading does not pay the bills.

You mainly come over as bitter and sour that other people are successful when you are not. "Proving" that you are a breakeven or losing trader, will not prove anything or give you any credibility. Anyone can put on losing trades by entering a couple of random trades.

Just wondering, how do you know who the best traders in the world are, and how do you know how much they make?

It's all available on the web it is not my opinion Real interviews with real traders not sites designed to BS you into thinking they have the Holy Grail. Most traders drool to earn 20% per year, given a sane level of risk. There are the freaks of nature that will have an incredible streak and produce incredible results for a long period of time and we are fortunate that we have some of those freaks right here on this thread to learn from. I do hope that this is not going to turn into debate about rates of return and I will concede beforehand that I know nothing because I am breakeven and don’t know as much as others on this thread that post spectacular blotters.

It's all available on the web it is not my opinion Real interviews with real traders not sites designed to BS you into thinking they have the Holy Grail. Most traders drool to earn 20% per year, given a sane level of risk. There are the freaks of nature that will have an incredible streak and produce incredible results for a long period of time and we are fortunate that we have some of those freaks right here on this thread to learn from. I do hope that this is not going to turn into debate about rates of return and I will concede beforehand that I know nothing because I am breakeven and don’t know as much as others on this thread that post spectacular blotters.

But how do you know that they're the best traders in the world? and what gives those traders more credibility than the ones in this thread?

You are missing the point. No one is using you being a breakeven as condescenting. The fact is that by following your own advice you are a breakeven trader, but yet you want to tell other people that they should do what you do and believe. Why do you think your advice is of any value and going to help anyone when this is not even helping yourself? This is like me saying, hey guys, I cannot break 100 in golf, but if you do exactly as I do and ignore the advice the PGA pro gave you, then you will play better golf.

You can tell yourself all day long that breakeven is good and better than most. Breakeven trading does not pay the bills.

You mainly come over as bitter and sour that other people are successful when you are not. "Proving" that you are a breakeven or losing trader, will not prove anything or give you any credibility. Anyone can put on losing trades by entering a couple of random trades.[/quote

If someone suggests that they should know something more than you because of their credentials, do you want to question their credentials? I mean if they post week in and week out great results then shouldn’t they be able to produce those live? I mean what would be the difference between showing someone that they can really produce those blotters live and posting them after the fact? Can you guess why no one will do this? I know. No one has anything to prove. But if you have nothing to prove, then you really shouldn’t suggest that you know something more than someone else because you are “experienced” if you really do not want to prove that you are a better trader.