Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

Hello everybody, it has been a while.

I have been using the fin-alg Market Delta chart with S/R and so far so good. I was busy while this formed but see these set-ups quite a lot, so unfortunately, did not take this trade.

The blue and green lines are S/R levels and this is a good example of using Delta/VSA.

For those lf you that do not know the bottom chart is a NYSE $TICK chart (up ticking stocks-down ticking stocks). Soultrader made a video on how to use market internals.

Hi Bathrobe,

I have no idea how to use what you posted, but I'm happy to hear that it is working well for you.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Hi Bathrobe,

I have no idea how to use what you posted, but I'm happy to hear that it is working well for you.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Thales,

Since you use Ninja Trader to trade futures you should consider downloading the 30 day free trial from Final| Financial Algorithms

The charting programs in Ninja and shows the delta, the max delta, min delta, cum. delta, cum. delta/volume, volume, cum. volume, Cumulative Delta/Cumulative Volume %,Bid/Ask Histogram, Bid-Ask Histogram, fully customizable.

It is pretty interesting (seeing the number of contracts being bought and sold at S/R) and there is no requirement to fill in credit card info, it simply expires after 30 days, or you can pay $59/month after the trial. From what I understand Final| Financial Algorithms is the same as MARKETDELTA :: HOME only it is 1/3 of the price.

Who knows though, maybe 30 days from now I will have realized it is really no different than any other charting/indicator.

I admit though, I am pretty excited about it..

Chris

Hello everybody, it has been a while.

I have been using the fin-alg Market Delta chart with S/R and so far so good. I was busy while this formed but see these set-ups quite a lot, so unfortunately, did not take this trade.

The blue and green lines are S/R levels and this is a good example of using Delta/VSA.

For those lf you that do not know the bottom chart is a NYSE $TICK chart (up ticking stocks-down ticking stocks). Soultrader made a video on how to use market internals.

It's a nice looking chart. How would you use it to trade?

It's a nice looking chart. How would you use it to trade?

I have only had the download since Monday, but it helps point out buying/selling at S/R.

I will let you know later in the month how I have incorporated the Delta into it. And if the chart differs from a regular candlestick chart other than the obvious differences.

I had an incredible day (p/l wise), but I am going to post my + or - points from here on out. I also decided to post the fin-alg chart.

Chris

Your trades and how much you actually make are an inspiration to me. So you can continue to post your profit. Don't stop now. You say you had an INCREDIBLE day and then don't post the profit for the first time. You want to drive me nuts or something? :D

Your trades and how much you actually make are an inspiration to me. So you can continue to post your profit. Don't stop now. You say you had an INCREDIBLE day and then don't post the profit for the first time. You want to drive me nuts or something? :D

+19,625. I am happy to do so I just did not want to be the only one posting.

+19,625. I am happy to do so I just did not want to be the only one posting.

This has been a great thread. Where did everyone go? I would post, but I am only sim trading.

This has been a great thread. Where did everyone go? I would post, but I am only sim trading.

You can still post, I think others post who are on sim, or at least they were and then moved to real money I am pretty sure.

I missed the first move and most of the second, I was about to place a short on the retrace of the leg down, but talked myself out of it. I also accidentally clicked the mouse while over the dom, luckily only 1 contract. I will try to post a chart later today with reason for trade.

91.PNG.bbe1609db0f741a77adaa015643d3d6a.PNG

I am sim trading, and my approach is to go for 2 points on the ES, and profit will be multiplied by the number of contracts traded. So a successful trade for me is getting the two points, and I go for them in the same trade. Real simple method. Trade with the trend on pullback to SMA, and take the first trade after the opening. I will post today's and yesterday's chart. I traded 4 out of 5 days last week, and got the 2 points on every trade. I will post those charts too if someone wants, otherwise I will just post yesterday's and today's.

Today I outwitted myself as we tend to do. I have my limit order set to get in the market, and follow the SMA with it until the pullback hits my limit order, then it automatically sets my profit at 2 points and my stop at 2.5 points. Well right before it hit my order, I knew there was major news coming out at 10, so I canceled my order. Well, if I had stayed it it would have worked as it usually does. Instead, after the news, I put my order back in for the next pullback, and as happens, I ended up buying at the top of the market for the day. So I either should have stayed in, or not gotten in the trade after the news. I like to make that trade within the first 30 minutes of market open, and should have just stayed out for the day.

I do use an RSI to look for divergence and eyeball S/R and draw lines at times looking for something that might keep me out of the trade, but other than that, trend and SMA. I know it's simple, but at least in the sim, working for me so far.

In the chart for today, I put ellipses where I would have gotten in and out with my 2 points if I hadn't have canceled my order right before it filled. In the second chart from yesterday, I took the first trade, but let my emotions get in the way and went to get out at BE and pushed my stop up too far and got out for a small loss. It would have hit my target if I had been patient. Took the next signal and got the 2 points.

ES9-01-09.thumb.jpg.b3030b1b0e03c3016eda1db02f96e42a.jpg

Trades8-31-09.thumb.jpg.f32a23729e1e298e1c6af653cfc3c883.jpg

I am sim trading, and my approach is to go for 2 points on the ES, and profit will be multiplied by the number of contracts traded. So a successful trade for me is getting the two points, and I go for them in the same trade. Real simple method. Trade with the trend on pullback to SMA, and take the first trade after the opening. I will post today's and yesterday's chart. I traded 4 out of 5 days last week, and got the 2 points on every trade. I will post those charts too if someone wants, otherwise I will just post yesterday's and today's.

Today I outwitted myself as we tend to do. I have my limit order set to get in the market, and follow the SMA with it until the pullback hits my limit order, then it automatically sets my profit at 2 points and my stop at 2.5 points. Well right before it hit my order, I knew there was major news coming out at 10, so I canceled my order. Well, if I had stayed it it would have worked as it usually does. Instead, after the news, I put my order back in for the next pullback, and as happens, I ended up buying at the top of the market for the day. So I either should have stayed in, or not gotten in the trade after the news. I like to make that trade within the first 30 minutes of market open, and should have just stayed out for the day.

I do use an RSI to look for divergence and eyeball S/R and draw lines at times looking for something that might keep me out of the trade, but other than that, trend and SMA. I know it's simple, but at least in the sim, working for me so far.

In the chart for today, I put ellipses where I would have gotten in and out with my 2 points if I hadn't have canceled my order right before it filled. In the second chart from yesterday, I took the first trade, but let my emotions get in the way and went to get out at BE and pushed my stop up too far and got out for a small loss. It would have hit my target if I had been patient. Took the next signal and got the 2 points.

One question about this. In the sim for NT, the price has to trade through my limit by a tick to get filled. It won't fill if it just touches my limit order or the profit target. Is this pretty realistic for fills then when trading live? Is the sim realistic then with me getting filled?

One question about this. In the sim for NT, the price has to trade through my limit by a tick to get filled. It won't fill if it just touches my limit order or the profit target. Is this pretty realistic for fills then when trading live? Is the sim realistic then with me getting filled?

Yes, this is realistic with the ES. To get filled on a limit it should trade through your price, very rarely will you get filled just if it touches because it works FIFO.

NT sim is one of the best out there. it's very close to real. The only real difference is that you are not part of the order flow in sim and every contract counts during the session. Also, you emotions get to ride in the back seat in sim.

Good luck.

NT sim is one of the best out there. it's very close to real. The only real difference is that you are not part of the order flow in sim and every contract counts during the session. Also, you emotions get to ride in the back seat in sim.

Good luck.

I have traded live before, but it has been several years. And yes, the emotions ARE completely different. There are still some in sim trading, but nothing like the real thing. I still remember the first time I was sim trading many years ago and thinking 'what is the big deal?' I found out what the big deal was when I started trading live.

I missed the first move and most of the second, I was about to place a short on the retrace of the leg down, but talked myself out of it. I also accidentally clicked the mouse while over the dom, luckily only 1 contract. I will try to post a chart later today with reason for trade.

Nice day. How many trades did you do today?

Nice day. How many trades did you do today?

I had one planned trade, a lot of support around 997 also 1000 would be s/r I figured

I should have said I missed both larger moves

s1.thumb.PNG.3865fefb2a44c35affe975f1fc19b39a.PNG

Sim trading. Ignored the divergence and support marked on the chart on the first trade and paid for it by going short per my signal. Stopped out. Took the next long and got the 2 points I am looking for. But I use a 2.5 stop, so my loss was $50 more than my win, and I have programmed in $5 round turn commissions. So a net loss of $70 with the two contracts I was trading. Or how I look at it, net minus .5 points. My goal per day is 2 points regardless of number of contracts traded. Just looking to take 2 consistently.

ES9-2-09.thumb.jpg.604aae2e048214d68c1434c1a17b2f5b.jpg

Sim trading. Took the trade short at 999.50 and it came within 2 ticks of taking out my 2.5 point stop. Finally reversed and came within a tick of my profit target a few times. It tried to hit my target so many times and failed and the fact we were moving into major news at 10 that I moved my profit target from 2 points to 1 point and took 1 point profit at 998.5. You see a third contract where I was out at BE. That is a runner I was experimenting with. Bottom line, I took 1 point profit.

You will see that before the news came out, it did go down and would have hit my 2 point profit target. I guess I should be more patient, but in light of the circumstances better safe than sorry.

ES29-03-09.thumb.jpg.3cc1fd0b0ed1e898c200168e9a30411a.jpg

I've been lurking on here so long I thought I would post my meager results for my stock trade today. I am still paper trading futures but my stock trades are with real money. This was the only daytrade I took today.

Stock: DPTR

Buy: 2.85 - bought because it broke out of its downward channel

Sold: 3.14 - sold because I felt comfortable with the profit and the volatility was increasing

$0.19/share profit

attachment.php?attachmentid=13322&stc=1&d=1252514450

dptr.thumb.png.fa77547c2508f17d503d5559ee91f644.png

Sim trading. If someone could help me out here I would appreciate it. This is my chart from this morning, trade right after the open if you can't see the time due to an ad. Basically sold as the market turned and when the other way. There was a downtrend established in my estimation, price had made lower highs and lower lows and come through the MAs and MAs pointing down. I was going to sell on the pullback to the blue MA which I did. Of course at that point it never looked back to the upside for a few hours.

My chart is marked just like it was at the time of the trade. So a few of questions.

1. Should the divergence marked on the RSI and the support and small consolidation kept me out of the trade? We know how often divergence and support fails, but using a trading plan of buying on the pullbacks to the MA with the trend, should I absolutely have not taken this trade (I realize in hindsight I obviously shouldn't have, but think in real time).

2. Using just the info on my chart, would you have stayed out of the short due to consolidation and divergence, and then bought on the (a) break of the MA to the upside (b) break of the highs of the consolidation at 1025 © bought on the break of the trendline? Remember, don't read it in hindsight, but how you actually would have handled it in real time not knowing what was coming.

3. Using the way you trade, what am I missing on my chart in way of indicators or support/resistance, etc. that you would have used to stay out of the short/take the short and/or go long after the consolidation and when would you have ended up going long with what you use if in fact you would have?

5aa70f2149f42_ES9-9-09.thumb.JPG.2aa2419f343272ccf7c3f1a7870edec0.JPG