Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

shortski

Can Someone Tell Me How to Get an Indicator to Stop Plotting

Here is a shot of the chart with only the two indicators on it. Price action then ThreeLineBreak then OscillatorDivergence.

Thanks for your patience and help in this matter.

I still have to try the other suggestion above about changing the colors to Black.

5aa70eaed588d_OscDiv3LnBrk7.thumb.png.42bc13bca9ba4d177f5e9e013c280936.png

Here is a shot of the chart with only the two indicators on it. Price action then ThreeLineBreak then OscillatorDivergence.

Thanks for your patience and help in this matter.

I still have to try the other suggestion above about changing the colors to Black.

Thanks for the pic.

Looking at the chart, the ThreeLineBreak, doesn't have a value of 1 & -1, it seems to have a value the same as price.

Also the OscillatorDivergence.... this isn't the correct values.... all someone's done here is code it so that it plots at zero if certain conditions are met within the OscillatorDivergence, for example ....

if A + B = C then plot1(0,"Divergence", Green)

If D + E = F then plot1(0,"Divergence", Red)

So although it's plotting at zero.... the actual values and conditions of the indicator are different.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Well, that is the inherent problem. I posted the eld's of the GordoMACDDiff above and the only thing missing that I have is the way I input the GordoMACDDiff into the OscillatorDivergence. And that is;

Name Value

SeriesHigh High

SeriesLow Low

Osc GordoMAVDDiff(Close,12,26)

pctDivergence 0.9

PlotLvel 0

Other than that, the code for the ThreeLineBreak and the OscillatorDivergence are proprietary and I lease them from EOT.

This did work before, but I reformatted my HD and for some reason, this is the only code I didn't save. So, I believe all the inputs are ok and it is something small in the way I am coding them. If you can see the problem, that would be great.

Thanks

Shortski

Well, that is the inherent problem. I posted the eld's of the GordoMACDDiff above and the only thing missing that I have is the way I input the GordoMACDDiff into the OscillatorDivergence. And that is;

Name Value

SeriesHigh High

SeriesLow Low

Osc GordoMAVDDiff(Close,12,26)

pctDivergence 0.9

PlotLvel 0

Other than that, the code for the ThreeLineBreak and the OscillatorDivergence are proprietary and I lease them from EOT.

This did work before, but I reformatted my HD and for some reason, this is the only code I didn't save. So, I believe all the inputs are ok and it is something small in the way I am coding them. If you can see the problem, that would be great.

Thanks

Shortski

If they've supplied the functions for their proprietry indicators to enable you to code from them...... then you need to know the actual values for what triggers a green and red signal..... and then and only then can we hopefully get somewhere.

As even your code above clearly shows that it's only plotting at level zero...... confirming the actual value of the indicators are a lot different.

An example of what I mean.... here's a simple code to show you if price is above or below a moving average.....

Inputs:

Length (10);

Vars:

Avg(0);

Avg = average(Close,Length);

If Close > Avg then Plot1(0,"Avg",Green) else Plot1(0,"Avg",Red) ;

So as you can see in the above code..... it's plotting at the level of zero, but the actual trigger is alot different..... for example.. close price is 828.5 and the Avg is 826.75.

So to sum it up...... you need to know the trigger values.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

I tried using the NoPlot a number of times with the same result;

vars:

value1(0),

value2(0);

value1 = $rtOscillatorDivergence(high,low,GordoMACDDiff(close,12,26),1.0);

value2 = ThreeLineBreak;

If

value1 > 0 and value2 > 0 then begin

Plot1(1,"Buy",green);

end

else If

value1 < 0 and value2 < 0 then begin

Plot1(-1,"Sell",red);

end

else

NoPlot(1);

if(Value1 > 0 and value2 > 0) then Green

else if(Value1 < 0 and value2 < 0) then Red

I just tried using sneo's suggestion for a ChartBGColor and it basically plots the same as my original code but still won't stop plotting;

Vars:

Combo(0),

ComboColor(ChartBGColor);

Inputs:

ChartBGColor(black);

value1=GordoMACDDiff(Close,12,26);

value2=$rtOscillatorDivergence(high,low,value1,0.9);

value3 = ThreeLineBreak;

Condition1 = value2 >=0 and value3 >=0;

Condition2 = value2 <=0 and value3 <=0;

if Condition1

then begin

Combo=1;

ComboColor= Blue;

end

else

if Condition2

then begin

Combo=-1;

ComboColor= Red;

end

else

begin

Combo=0;

ComboColor= ChartBGColor;

end;

Plot1( Combo, "Combo", ComboColor);

So now, I will try and modify this code with "else NoPlot"

Thank you all for your suggestions here.

Shorski

5aa70eaf48eaf_OscDiv3LnBrk1sneo.thumb.png.a965d0dfb66077cd9062ef2bc1044bea.png