Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Trading Edge: 100% Concentration and Focus

As a full-time trader I find trading requires 100% concentration and the discipline to stick with the markets everyday. Any time I take a break from trading, it takes me several sessions to get back in the game.

Like an athlete, missing several training sessions can get you off the game. Similar in trading, I find it necessary to be involved in it everyday. This allows me to be in sync with market action and understand the complete language of the markets.

By being involved everyday, I am able to recognize and memorize all key price levels and the bigger picture of market action. Clues and small pieces of market information are so important in making daily trading decisions. I find it very hard to take any breaks or a vacation. Even when I am not trading, I need to go over market action and go through my charts.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Well, you can say that as enthusiasm or the other way, addiction. I am fine with a week or 2 break to charge up myself. Especially, during some bad days.

I agree with you a prolong break, (maybe more than 1 month break) might get you out of track, but you should be able to get back on track within a week.

To me, trading is not about sticking with market 24x7. It is a psychological challege, a mindful game. If you have mastered the edge of this aspect, you should get back to form soon.

Just to share with you my thought.

Btw, I just come across Traderslaboratory. Great work. Keep it up.

Gav

Tradergav

I have been trying to take more days off lately. I have especially limited myself from trading on Fridays. I might trade the opening hour but I hardly ever trade the afternoon sessions.

Btw, I just come across Traderslaboratory. Great work. Keep it up.

Gav

Tradergav

Thank you TraderGav :)

Guest OILFXPRO
As a full-time trader I find trading requires 100% concentration and the discipline to stick with the markets everyday. Any time I take a break from trading, it takes me several sessions to get back in the game.

Like an athlete, missing several training sessions can get you off the game. Similar in trading, I find it necessary to be involved in it everyday. This allows me to be in sync with market action and understand the complete language of the markets.

By being involved everyday, I am able to recognize and memorize all key price levels and the bigger picture of market action. Clues and small pieces of market information are so important in making daily trading decisions. I find it very hard to take any breaks or a vacation. Even when I am not trading, I need to go over market action and go through my charts.

Trading is a concentration and mindset game.It is an art that requires processing of so much visual information , any breaks away from trading can disrupt imaginative anylysis.

Hi, this is just my opinion. If you are the one controlled the interaction in the game, you can find yourself with peace; if you are interacted then controlled by the game, then you will probably be very busy. However sometime it's hard to see who control the game, probably only you can determine it. See, I do not even know what I am talking. Just for relax and cheers.:crap:

Guest OILFXPRO
Hi, this is just my opinion. If you are the one controlled the interaction in the game, you can find yourself with peace; if you are interacted then controlled by the game, then you will probably be very busy. However sometime it's hard to see who control the game, probably only you can determine it. See, I do not even know what I am talking. Just for relax and cheers.:crap:

The trading game is played in the mind , it is here where the battle takes place.

This formerly described me. When I would take a week off and travel (before I started taking a laptop) I needed at least a day to get back in rhythm.

I have been trying to take more days off lately. I have especially limited myself from trading on Fridays. I might trade the opening hour but I hardly ever trade the afternoon sessions.

Thank you TraderGav :)

Now I'm more like Soultrader . . . and if it weren't for my Trading Room, I'd trade 1-2 days a week and that's all. But I disagree with the time of day . . . I'd skip all the hysteria and whip in the mornings and only trade the Afternoon Session in Crude Oil and ES because you can make tons more money then (IMO). But you can also make money in the Morning Session, be done and play golf too. Just saying if I could pick only one time of day, it'd be the mid-afternoon

Anyway, what helped me years ago was a pre-trading routine.

Just like warm-ups for an athlete, I developed a routine that I stuck to every day I traded and still "practiced" a little on days I didn't. That way it didn't take me any time to get back in rhythm because I never gout out of rhythm

Chartsky

LIVE! Trading Room