Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

zerones

How to Make a Great System?

Before you jump heard first and attempt to make a system, it would be to your advantage to research, study, and understand how markets move, what makes markets move, and "patterns" (not necessarily price patterns, but tendencies of the markets) the markets exhibit in certain conditions. A lot less fun, yes, but you'll save much wasted time.

I personally feel Wyckoff understood markets and auction market theory very well. You can read all about him and his ideas in the Wyckoff forum here at TL.

Hello all

i'm just newbie.. i'm very interest anything about a system.

but i never know if there have a great system.

can anyone help me how to make a great system? :missy:

Keep in mind there are no shortcuts to becoming successful in the art of trading. Each person has to do battle with the deamons inside themselves. Although having access to the information and traders here will be very VERY helpful you still need to do the work. It goes back to the tell, show, do method. You are the only one that can do it for you.

With that being said it doesnt mean you have to go at it all alone, there are others that were in the same place as you that can help you along the way.

Think of it like this, if you take a professional baseball team, the team works to help each other become the best they can be. But when a player gets up to bat he has to rely on his own abilities to get on base.

There is no Holy Grail but hard work will get you there!

I guess it's worth asking do you really mean system or are you looking really for a methodology? If it is the former you might want to look at 'The Encyclopaedia of Trading Systems' if nothing else it is likely to reduce your expectations somewhat (which is probably not a bad thing).

Do you have any programming skills? You will probably need to develop those a little before/while you develop systems.

I guess it's worth asking do you really mean system or are you looking really for a methodology? If it is the former you might want to look at 'The Encyclopaedia of Trading Systems' if nothing else it is likely to reduce your expectations somewhat (which is probably not a bad thing).

Do you have any programming skills? You will probably need to develop those a little before/while you develop systems.

Thank for your explain all..

Yes you are right, i'm just looking really for a methodology. Not a system.

Systems is much complex for me (The Encyclopedia of Trading Systems), i have no basically programming skill. So, anyone can tell me, What the best methodology for trading. :doh::crap::crap:

The best methodology for trading depends on you, your risk tolerance and your risk capital.

So, start learning and see what you like - lots of good stuff around here, plenty of books on trading via Amazon.com.

Make no mistake, this takes thousands of dollars and countless hours to get to the point of creating a reliable stream of income.

Attached is a PDF I made awhile back of the trading books that I would recommend.

Amazon.com Embedded into Tiny URL's.pdf

The best methodology for trading depends on you, your risk tolerance and your risk capital.

So, start learning and see what you like - lots of good stuff around here, plenty of books on trading via Amazon.com.

Make no mistake, this takes thousands of dollars and countless hours to get to the point of creating a reliable stream of income.

Attached is a PDF I made awhile back of the trading books that I would recommend.

Thank you...

but i just looking for free e-book.

Coz i trading for money, wan't to loss my money for first.

Thank you...

There is a loss and there is an investition in your education. It depends on point of view.

Thank you...

My bad, I didn't realize you wanted a free e-book that was also going to provide you the holy grail of trading.

I think I have one around though, let me see if I can find it.

:doh:

The investment with the highest return is... investment in self.

Trading style/methodology can take some time to develop. Not only that, it will take some time to find the markets suited for your style as well. My recommendation is to learn various styles and techniques and find something that suits you based on personality, activeness, risk tolerance, capital, etc....

You cant really expect someone else to find your style and methodology. Traders spend a ton of time developing strategies and methodologies. This is what is required for you if you want to dedicate yourself to become a professional trader.

TL is the best site for us newbies, without a doubt. I would consider reading a lot of logs, a lot of beginner threads, here and all across the web. See if you can identify common mistakes made my newbies and even veteran traders and don't make them. I think the ability to learn from other peoples experiences can make this process a lot less painful. Maybe.

TL is the best site for us newbies, without a doubt. I would consider reading a lot of logs, a lot of beginner threads, here and all across the web. See if you can identify common mistakes made my newbies and even veteran traders and don't make them. I think the ability to learn from other peoples experiences can make this process a lot less painful. Maybe.

I couldn't agree more!

I've learned a lot already...

img1.jpgimg2.jpg

img3.jpgimg4.jpg

img9.jpgimg10.jpg

:cool:

To me I think the biggest thing is you have to decide as quick as possible that your either going to become a professional or your going to become a victim. This game doesn't lend itself to dabbling in your spare time, if you do that you won't have the "chin" to take the punches to the face that are coming while you learn, there is not much middle ground.

Get a decent overview of trading concepts and then either go all in and bet your life on it with no plan B or fold your cards and find an easier hobby.

I just don't see how you can get around the fact that failure is almost a given at this game unless you truely come to it with the mindset and life situation that failure is not an option.

I’m also looking for a good way to start up trading. I’m checking some e-sources cause I don’t want to be too long a newbie ;) I’m checking some of these free demos… I guess this is a good way to become an “oldbie” at least

So keep in touch :missy:

Jess

I haven't been trading for quite a while now (I'm here to learn too). But one thing that I feel made me understand the market more during my time learning is by drawing my charts manually. The chart plus a few basic indicators.

It may sound impractical with all the available resource now, but at least for me it gave an understanding on how the indicators work.

Yes, I guess that is a good way. Actually I’m taking advantage of this forum; I’ve got some tips saving some time and I’ll check at the same time some websites to learn more about each indicator. I also get tips from a broker, newsletters and good stuff. About drawing charts, I guess a good way to start is using lines as support and resistances, I get those online, even in forums and I’m looking online because I guess I can add some tool on my platform and get those lines easier. I’ll try then I’d give you, for a first time, some advice ;) Jess

Guest valftyli

I really want to learn how to code the EA,

But haven't find the way

analysis are really related to the learning way for a trader, but setting an EA it is necessary to know more about platforms and indicators. I’ve found some ea examples on my demo platform, trying them would be a good way to learn more about that

Money Management is important too. As Walter The Chimp teaches, 10 pips per day is worth a lifetime of income. As I learn I can't catch every move I am beginning to realize the importance of what Walter says.

Just my opinion.

Steve