Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I've never found a good indicator that helps with Elliot Wave analysis. That said, are you talking about the EW indicator that is just the difference between two EMA's? I've seen that one around, but don't really know how it would help with EW, specifically.

If your looking for Elliot Wave software I use MTPredictor. If you have looked at Advanced GET RT and EOD the wave counts change like the wind. This software isolates patterns specifically ABC patterns and what it calls Decision Points similar to Advanced GET's MOB coupled with divergence. It isn't the grail or a "Black Box" system but also focuses on the importance of good Risk/Reward ratios and Position Sizing. In essence it woke me up!

The forum is very interesting and they offer good education for free.

I am a user. I am not associated with the company at all, and I am a reformed "grail" hunter who has wasted money in the past on curve fitting software!

If your looking for Elliot Wave software I use MTPredictor.

It seems to me that MTPredictor has taken a good amount of emphasis off Elliott Wave, and more on risk management and other kinds of entries. Am I correct in this observation? Do you find that the entries/exits are fairly accurate, in general?

MTpredictor is good for a beginner. They also provide you with a lot of hand-holding and support But there is no way to customize the software to your liking. For professional trader, Robert Miner's Dynamic Trader is way better.

As a matter of fact Steve Griffiths of MTpreditor used to work for Robert Miner.

Hi,

From my experience the entries are specific and once a setup is a valid pattern "On Bar Close" it stays in place and is either a winner or a loser. With the correct position size given my the Risk Reward module. I find the Risk Reward tool invaluble for my own setups. The site has a very strong emphasis on not overtrading and places Money management as being one of the key's to success, along with trade management.

Their software runs on Ninja Trader, Tradestation and eSignal.

Then again you can scan for these ABC setups (Bull/Bear Traps call it what you will) yourself manually and apply your own management methods save buying the software which just does the scanning for you!

Hope this helps.

advanced get should be use to take the elliott waves count into consideration, is actually a tool or validation of counts, if you use it to validate counts, is the greatest, using MOB ellipses, break or reversal targets and the elliot oscilator. I use the Dynamic trader for time analysis, and ad get for price analysis. I look over the mtpredictor that a friend is using, either i dont know how to use it, or It doesnt serve my needs